It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Storm Today...Wow!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: MisterSpock

You know what? Take a long walk (off a short pier), dude!

I'm done with your crap. Save it for someone who gives a F#! (Note: I don't!)

Don't like it? Don't respond. It's really not that hard!!

Bye.

This response was a joke, right? .....

You know what...It might have been... If so I'm even more guilty of missing obvious humor.

Man, that would really hurt. If so, it was a pretty good one IMO. Now that I think about it, it probably was and he got both of us.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I understood it was a joke (the "complaint" comment). It made me laugh.

I figured FDC would too, it's understandable though. Internet and all that, hard to decipher exactly what most people intentions are.

Frankly I'm more hurt he doesn't recall previous interactions with my so called "humor" to have known better. And now he will ignore me from now on. That makes me a sad panda.

Well I THINK he joked back at you...but I'm not 100% sure, so I asked him.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'm stuck in California until tomorrow.

Temp around 64 F and it's a little windy.

My life is hell.

'

You still have snowflakes there though,

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I figured FDC would too, it's understandable though. Internet and all that, hard to decipher exactly what most people intentions are.

Frankly I'm more hurt he doesn't recall previous interactions with my so called "humor" to have known better. And now he will ignore me from now on. That makes me a sad panda.

I'm sure he'll clear it up, but given the topic of the thread.....

He might be frozen in a snow bank outside like Jack in the shining. So the suspense will be epic.

He should thaw out by tomorrow morning and see what has transpired here.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Bye.

You know what...It might have been... If so I'm even more guilty of missing obvious humor.

Man, that would really hurt. If so, it was a pretty good one IMO. Now that I think about it, it probably was and he got both of us.

I think he got both of us 😂. (I hope so, anyway)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

My life is hell.

'

You still have snowflakes there though,

Surely, and sadly they never "melt".

Poor lost souls, left in an eternal state of frozen reeeeeeing towards the sky.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

He might be frozen in a snow bank outside like Jack in the shining. So the suspense will be epic.

Oh, I'm already loving the suspense. Hopefully he won't respond for days and Ill have some excitement in my life for a few days while we wait it out (yeah, that's sad).

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Bye.

Mr. Spock was a Vulcan, vulcans do not do humor.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Spock was half human, my human side is that of a brilliant comedian.

IMO.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Your sense of humor is pretty dry and confuses people sometimes.

Personally, I love it.

But you know, I'm in North Dakota right now and we've had a horrible winter... my crew is all pissed off and on edge, my suppliers hate me and my customers are crabby too.

Cold weather takes a lot out of you if you work in it.

I think things will be fine.

~Hugs~

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Your sense of humor is pretty dry and confuses people sometimes.

Personally, I love it.

But you know, I'm in North Dakota right now and we've had a horrible winter... my crew is all pissed off and on edge, my suppliers hate me and my customers are crabby too.

Cold weather takes a lot out of you if you work in it.

I think things will be fine.

~Hugs~

Our winter here hasn't been much better. I have no animals to care for(just myself). From a mental and financial standpoint. I could have spent just about all of february drinking and sleeping(pretty much did) very demoralizing. Can't wait til it's over. I love the summer and the heat.

Totally out of my element these days(even though I've lived here my whole life).

ETA: I'm aware(to some degree) of my humor. It's a give or take. It's either hilarious or offensive and I can't control it from person to person. I've alienated a lot of people who don't get it. At this point, I'm slightly up on those who like it, so I'm money ahead. But I always realize it's something I need to work on(it's gotten me into plenty of "hot" predicaments).

edit on 13-3-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
You have just confirmed why I moved to Florida from Minnesota. Don't know how you do it but I think it's something in the thick blood. My Minnesota born and raised adult children think nothing of harsh weather and they are always prepared like you so I don't worry. Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
You have just confirmed why I moved to Florida from Minnesota. Don't know how you do it but I think it's something in the thick blood. My Minnesota born and raised adult children think nothing of harsh weather and they are always prepared like you so I don't worry. Enjoy.

I'm in #holesota, really ready to leave. Hate going from 6 months of bliss to the depression of the rest of the year. Really have grown to hate the winters.

I'll take heat and humidity any day over 30 MPH winds and sub zero temps.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Best to ya flyingclaydisk.

Props on the preperation, I'm sure it will all turn out fine.

More impressively though is the nice dinner you all prepared to enjoy for the occasion.

Thanks for preserving a way of life
although I'm sure to you it isn't a choice. How could someone be deterred from a few days of adversity in lieu of what you have? You live the best of all worlds sir.

🤷‍♂️

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Never been so happy in all my life as living here. It's beautiful and I love all the tropical pleasures. Yes, the people can be difficult at times but they are just about everywhere. Apparently, we arn't alone. More people moving here than anywhere else in the US. We're popular! No state taxes and getting better about cannabis laws.
edit on 13-3-2019 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
We had summer here today, a little fog and thirty eight degrees outside. Tomorrow it is supposed to be spotty rain, that will take down the snowbanks somewhat. The snow went down to three feet in the back yard with this melt, but there are still some deeper spots. My snowbanks are still seven feet tall around the driveway though, and the same on the sides of the county road, but at least they are down from eight feet, you still can't see around the banks to see if there are cars coming.

We should have snow in areas of the yard this year after June first, the longest so far was the twenty eighth of May. We have gotten over two hundred inches here already and we still have a few storms to go. Calumet is over two hundred eighty inches I hear. I see the news complaining today about two feet in a super storm, That is just a regular storm around here.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

Never been so happy in all my life as living here. It's beautiful and I love all the tropical pleasures. Yes, the people can be difficult at times but they are just about everywhere. Apparently, we arn't alone. More people moving here than anywhere else in the US. We're popular!

Most the sotan's go to florida or arizona. Personally those have no interest to me.

I'd prefer inside the east coast(north of florida) it's a bit more tempered for me. I'd probably end up in tennessee or kentucky.

I'd probably fit in with those rednecks better than anywhere else. I don't mind "some" winter, but winter to me now is sporadic 30's with light snow, melted in a few days compared to the frigid weather minnesota gets(it's worse than alaska and most of canada for most of the winter).

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
If I lived out somewhere where I didn't have to deal with neighbors I'd definitely have some kind of (nearly) bulletproof power backup system in place. That is if I wasn't dirt poor (which would up the number of miracles that would have to happen for me into stratospheric territory).

Anyway, yeah. The standard gas generators that people buy are junk because standard gasoline is garbage that does bad almost as soon as you buy it. You need something like propane for a reliable gas generator setup. And that's A LOT of propane to keep around.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Bye.

Yeah! You tell us FCD!

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

My life is hell.

I live in New Jersey. I think I have it worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join