It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He Had a MAGA Hat In His Truck. So She Slashed His Tire

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I predict that his insurance will cover the tire and she won’t be convicted with so much as a slap on the damn wrist. Because that’s how our injustice system. I’ve seen people caught on camera slashing 4 (and we’re talking high end performance) tires and pleading guilty get absolutely NOTHING as the owners insurance fixes the car at the cost of their deductible and rates going up. So yeah she’s not getting anything. What do I hope she gets though? I hope the guy drives an AWD suv and has expensive tires, that way 2 tires have to be replaced st minimum depending on the drivetrain (maybe all of them) and the price goes into felony range. Let’s see how this fresh 18 year old idiot enjoys a felony on her record when she goes to apply for future jobs and college. Oh wait, she probably will never amount to anything anyway so she still won’t even be getting punished.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I get you. I mean they rule by divide and conquer. We are more malleable when we are confused and distracted. They will probably introduce a law in the future that bans "potentially offensive items of clothing" and use this as a springboard, like the UK airport drone terror scare they used to pass new laws restricting drone use, the first of many to come. And then their drones will come)
Sneaky bastards they are.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OwenTrousers
a reply to: Sheye

I get you. I mean they rule by divide and conquer. We are more malleable when we are confused and distracted. They will probably introduce a law in the future that bans "potentially offensive items of clothing" and use this as a springboard, like the UK airport drone terror scare they used to pass new laws restricting drone use, the first of many to come. And then their drones will come)
Sneaky bastards they are.

So, who decides what is "potentially offensive" ? It's a good thing the U.S. founders had experienced that first hand and knew to add the 1st amendment protections to prevent any laws from doing just that. They knew what happens when a government is allowed to decide what is offensive and what is not.

History is a great teacher, unless you succeed in deleting or tearing that history down in the name of "diversity".

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
a reply to: Lucidparadox

What a ignorant post you made. You're comparing someone that I assume must have hurt your poor lil feelers with something they said, to the worst mass murderer that ever lived on the planet and killed millions of people? That's as ignorant as it gets and downright offensive and insulting to the Jewish community and others that suffered the Holocaust.

The right didn't make that slogan into a symbol of hate....YOU DID.

As a kid growing up, if someone told me that if I wore a hat or shirt that said "Make America Great Again" that it would offend half the country, I would've never believed it, yet here we are. Your being childish and ridiculous.

First off. I think my post is being understood differently than how it was intended.

I was using an example.

I was likening the MAGA hat to the swastika to draw a parrallel and show that an inanimate object or symbol can be a symbol of hate, and therefore be socially unacceptable.

I was not inferring they were on the same leve, just that they were both symbols of hate.

Secondly, many people who brandish the swastika today.. also seem to brandish the MAGA hat.

Of course correlation doesn't mean causation...

However, hateful speech and rhetoric are definitely a commonality of neo Nazis and Maga hat wearers

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I was likening the MAGA hat to the swastika to draw a parrallel and show that an inanimate object or symbol can be a symbol of hate, and therefore be socially unacceptable.

You do understand that as a nation, we view the Swastika as a symbol used by a group that committed genocide. You are comparing that to a hat, worn by a duly elected president of a free nation. That's ridiculous.

Secondly, many people who brandish the swastika today.. also seem to brandish the MAGA hat.

They also breath air, do you also breath air!?

However, hateful speech and rhetoric are definitely a commonality of neo Nazis and Maga hat wearers

If one person gets to say that another persons speech is hate speech, then I'm going to go ahead and say that you are spouting hate speech!

(The idea is ludicrous in actuality. No such thing as hate speech.)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Dude, you just put the other foot in your mouth with this second post.

So according to you, wanting our country to improve, to remove ourselves from trade deals which take advantage of our largess, wanting actual immigration reform (which congress has not dealt with in decades and is their job), wanting the border enforced (like any other country in the world), and several other such ideas is hate?

Do yourself a favor and stop listening to what the news says about president Trump and his supporters and go meet some yourself. I did not vote for him and don't particularly like him, but I cannot help but notice many vast improvements that have taken place since he took office and the unrelenting demonizing of him and his followers by the media is easy to see through for any with the eyes to see past the facade being presented.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

As a kid growing up, if someone told me that if I wore a hat or shirt that said "Make America Great Again" that it would offend half the country, I would've never believed it, yet here we are. Your being childish and ridiculous.

I wish I could remember which wise ATS member said this:

The MAGA hat doesn't represent hate, it reveals it.

Yeah well a lot of people on this site say some really dumb $hit, doesn’t mean you have to stoop to that level and believe it. I’m not a hateful person, do you seriously believe if I put on a maga hat I’m suddenly a hateful person? That’s just stupid logic to say the least.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I was not inferring they were on the same leve, just that they were both symbols of hate.

it is not possible for an offendee to determine the state of mind of the offender by use of a common symbol.

I can be offended by anyone wearing green. I don't need a reason; it can just offend me. Maybe somewhere in my past I was beaten by someone wearing green. That does not make it incumbent upon others to not wear green.

I will even go so far as to defend someone wearing a swastika. Yes, it is commonly associated with the genocidal actions of a madman and his followers. However, I cannot know if the person wearing that swastika holds similar views, or is even aware of the history behind it. I would likely avoid that person if possible; that is different from attacking them over the symbol and my right. Should that person attempt to silence another through violence, that is a much better indicator that the person is dangerous to and is also an action that can be stopped by legal means.

I am proud when I see a Confederate Battlejack. Not of anything to do with slavery; that is a lie perpetuated by the narrow-minded and ignorant. I am proud of my culture and those who I call neighbors in general. Yet, thanks to "hate speech," that pride in oneself has been turned into some perverted sense of offense. My flag means not to me what it may mean to you, and what it means to you should have no bearing on what it means to me. If you are offended by it, it is your right to ignore it. You hold no right to attack it... or me.

MAGA does not mean white supremacy, nor racist views, nor anything else malicious to me, nor to most I know. It means a political position in favor of better international trade deals, a better economy, and a fairer justice system. I have no control over what it means to you, and I therefore have no burden to avoid it because of what it means to you. You have the burden to avoid those things that bother you.

In short, you can think what you want about the swastika, the Confederate Battlejack, or a MAGA cap. That is your right and mine. But you no more have the right to attack any of them than I have the right to attack you while sporting them.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Yeah well a lot of people on this site say some really dumb $hit, doesn’t mean you have to stoop to that level and believe it. I’m not a hateful person, do you seriously believe if I put on a maga hat I’m suddenly a hateful person? That’s just stupid logic to say the least.

I dont think that was the intent...........what the person is illustrating is the hate revealed and directed at the person wearing the hat

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I don't think that was the intent...........what the person is illustrating is the hate revealed and directed at the person wearing the hat

Hard to tell anymore. However I'm sick of brainless shmucks trying to throw me into the same bodybag as a Nazi, such as the comment the person made below. I've had enough of these idiots and their identity politics. These are the people IMO that are creating the division amongst us. I'm probably one one of the least racist people around, as matter fact I despise racism whole heartedly, its poison to the soul. Yet it seems some people are relentless in trying to label me and others as such. It is the way of the world nowadays I know, but the Chit gets old.

Over the years I've tried my best to believe that hate only existed if I allowed myself to be receptive to it. That philosophy is becoming harder and harder to employ in my daily affairs and the hate more difficult to ignore. With all the divisive rhetoric currently on ATS, its probably not a great place for me to be at the moment. Maybe I just need a break from it all, IDK.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It seems your claim of yet ANOTHER insane example of the violent and deranged Left is unfounded. Why? Because most acts of heinous violence are conducted by the alt-right. That being said, it is inexcusable that anyone would damage a person's property over their political ideology. Any violent or aggressive behavior is bad regardless of what camp the perpetrator falls into. And it should be stopped. Period. America needs to come together, not stand divided. As long as we do that, the rich will continue their war against the working class. I'm tired of losing. What about you?

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
It seems your claim of yet ANOTHER insane example of the violent and deranged Left is unfounded. Why? Because most acts of heinous violence are conducted by the alt-right. That being said, it is inexcusable that anyone would damage a person's property over their political ideology. Any violent or aggressive behavior is bad regardless of what camp the perpetrator falls into. And it should be stopped. Period. America needs to come together, not stand divided. As long as we do that, the rich will continue their war against the working class. I'm tired of losing. What about you?

I don't agree with your opinion that most acts of heinous violence are conducted by the right.

That is obviously your perception...and it appears you sincerely believe it to be true.

That being said...because I disagree with your perception...I believe you are as entitled to it...as I am entititled to my own.

Because I object to your viewpoint...or you object to mine, entitles neither one of us to slash each other's tires.

To think otherwise is insane, violent and deranged...and my OP highlights a Leftist personifying exactly that.
Feel free to disagree...but leave me and my property alone.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
And they really think they’re the good guys

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

If he at Least Owns a Truck , he Must be Working .........

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Um... that's actually not true. I have a client who's brother has multiple cars and a truck and he doesn't work.
edit on 3/16/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Um...I believe the point of the original quote ("The MAGA hat doesn't represent hate, it reveals it") wasn't that people who wear MAGA hates are hateful, but rather that the sometimes bat#-insane reactions of others to said hats reveals THEIR hatefulness. In other words, the hat tends to make the haters reveal their true colors. OP of the quote, please correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

Um...I believe the point of the original quote ("The MAGA hat doesn't represent hate, it reveals it") wasn't that people who wear MAGA hates are hateful, but rather that the sometimes bat#-insane reactions of others to said hats reveals THEIR hatefulness. In other words, the hat tends to make the haters reveal their true colors. OP of the quote, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok, maybe I misunderstood that post, my apologies if I offended anyone. It's hard to keep all the hate properly categorized anymore since hate seems to be the new black.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
American politics are hilarious..... until people start getting hurt.

Welcome to 2019. The most enlightened of times.

How long before Liberal children start stoning old Conservative women in the street like we see happen in certain middle eastern countries?

Because I can see some in the U.S heading that way. The politics over there for some is becoming as bad as some religious extremists in other nations.

Just replace my God's better than your God with my Presidential candidate is better than your Presidential Candidate!

Actually it's not hilarious. It's pretty damn sad for the nation that is supposed to be "the leader of teh free wurld".
Thankfully such people are still a minority on both sides. For now.
edit on 18-3-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: edited teh words

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

it is not possible for an offendee to determine the state of mind of the offender by use of a common symbol.

I can be offended by anyone wearing green. I don't need a reason; it can just offend me. Maybe somewhere in my past I was beaten by someone wearing green. That does not make it incumbent upon others to not wear green.

I will even go so far as to defend someone wearing a swastika. Yes, it is commonly associated with the genocidal actions of a madman and his followers. However, I cannot know if the person wearing that swastika holds similar views, or is even aware of the history behind it. I would likely avoid that person if possible; that is different from attacking them over the symbol and my right. Should that person attempt to silence another through violence, that is a much better indicator that the person is dangerous to and is also an action that can be stopped by legal means.

I am proud when I see a Confederate Battlejack. Not of anything to do with slavery; that is a lie perpetuated by the narrow-minded and ignorant. I am proud of my culture and those who I call neighbors in general. Yet, thanks to "hate speech," that pride in oneself has been turned into some perverted sense of offense. My flag means not to me what it may mean to you, and what it means to you should have no bearing on what it means to me. If you are offended by it, it is your right to ignore it. You hold no right to attack it... or me.

MAGA does not mean white supremacy, nor racist views, nor anything else malicious to me, nor to most I know. It means a political position in favor of better international trade deals, a better economy, and a fairer justice system. I have no control over what it means to you, and I therefore have no burden to avoid it because of what it means to you. You have the burden to avoid those things that bother you.

In short, you can think what you want about the swastika, the Confederate Battlejack, or a MAGA cap. That is your right and mine. But you no more have the right to attack any of them than I have the right to attack you while sporting them.

TheRedneck

Now we are getting somewhere...

So you like flying the confederate flag eh? The Confederate flag is even closer in parallel to the swastika than the MAGA hat. The Confederacy was a rebellion to the Union. As in, the confederacy is an enemy of the United States. Flying both the confederate flag and the US flag with pride is a bit of cognitive dissonance is it not?

I wont even go into the whole slavery thing. (Which the confederate flag is definitely a symbol of seeing as how "southern price and a southern way of life" is essentially farming and rural living... which was all done on the backs of slaves).

Confederates murdered Union soldiers. Confederates were terrorists. The south LOST. It is NO MORE. The confederacy and its flag are a disgrace to our nation. We smothered that fire in the civil war. The south was fighting for state>fed (so dont think I dont understand or that I am ignorant as to what we are talking about, I do understand). With the death of the confederacy, we established fed>state.. the way it should be. We are one single country, and we must move as a unified whole.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
"The confederacy is an enemy of the United States."

The confederate states desired to secede because they were interested in states' rights--and not being ruled by a central government. It was never about slavery. That whole argument was created years later because it's a hot-button issue and many people slobber and drool over this sort of stuff. They love it.

I bring this up in discussions and people immediately label me a racist because they have never done their own discovery of facts. They have had their opinions spoon fed to them because it takes work to study history and develop one's own conclusions. Being lazy means less work.

It sure is a lot easier to ingest the rhetoric and jump aboard the Ignorance Train. Enjoy the food and the view. You'll have plenty of uninformed company.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join