It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we need any new laws. . . ever

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: dfnj2015

Except in reality the bulk of the "regulations" are all designed to keep little guys from getting going / have any real shot at competing with the big dogs (which the Democrat's and Republican's are both stooges for).

Isn't that exactly what I was saying. Do you know what cartel and monopoly mean?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Because we're not wild animals. Our brains (that we're so proud of) are our own worse enemy. They doom us to eternal slavery, conflict and misery. I mean, obviously, life can be miserable for wild animals to (it would kind of suck to be literally chased down and turned into food but a predator on the spot) but that usually isn't a prolonged type of mental suffering like humans endure when we live for 80 years and spend all of it in bondage trying to convince ourselves that we're free.
edit on 13-3-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We don't , and a Lot of the Ones on the Books Now Need to be Repealed . Hmm.. Lets Start with the Federal Income Tax Law to Begin with , shall We ?
edit on 13-3-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I've never heard of anything like that.

My virgin ears!

Er eyeballs.

Or something.

Go football team!!

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreSound

And yet laws never shrink or "sunset claused".

But you live in a monarchy and you have hereditary peers.

The modern police force had its roots in London, formed to protect the wealthy.

4. An evolving law system with a separate judiciary and a legislative branch is one of the greatest aspects of our democracy

Yes but they bypass the heavy lifting and subvert the Law by ruling by "regulations".

But to keep it simple ( without insulting you whilst you insult the OP ) why is it so difficult to extricate yourselves from Brussels?

Brexit ring a bell?

hmmm more laws....yeah right

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I agree, we have all the laws we need to govern society already, barring any new laws pertaining to future tech etc etc.
What we need is for governments to actually enforce these laws effectively. However with everything having to be so damn PC these days it seems criminals have more rights than victims.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Well I am sure they have a purpose. To somebody somewhere. Just you know, would only be beneficial to a small minority of the populous even even for them only at certain times. The rest seems to be, bingo, just to create more jobs and justifications.

But as for laws. There should be only a few, or maybe even one. That one law made by the great and wise Smith and Wesson. That being "God made men and women, but Smith and Wesson made them equal" Truer words have never been said in possibly all of human history.

Or you know what, maybe not even that, there should be no laws. It all seems like a waste of time. To those who have common sense. But common sense is always lacking, at times even among the uncommon, and it seems always among the common it is most lacking.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Because politicians of all shapes and hues are self important pricks only interested in getting their names in the history books?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

we need laws...and more of them..because most if not all people will lie to protect their own ass. That's why we need cops and courts (we dont need lawyers).

If everybody was telling the truth all the time...we wouldnt need any of it.

I guess you werent being serious when asking

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Why do we need more laws, why do we need all the "law-makers"?

Because we're sadomasochists.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Do you think the founding fathers planned on the government being this big, let alone bloated?

If the found fathers could see 21st century America right now.

They all would have said to hell with it.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I have a big problem with anyone tying laws to ideology.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I have a big problem with anyone tying laws to ideology.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

There should be five new laws added:

Banks can no longer rip off the customer.

Banks should repay the customer what they ripped off them.

Banks will not be able to take people's properties as cash is a made up commodity which only benefits the Banks.

Banks should give each customer one million pounds of this made up commodity so that everyone can live like the owners of banks do.

Banks owners should no longer steal from the poor and middle classes to give to themselves, so they can live like Kings without having done anything to warrant living like Kings, except steal from the poor and middle classes.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think the OP is advocating getting rid of all laws and just let the corporations do whatever they want to workers, consumers, and the environment. What possibly bad can happen because everyone knows corporations only have the best interests of their constituents at heart.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Half of all laws are being broken on a daily basis, so what are you worried about? It's not like the Elites havent been running the Circus 24/7 since the dawn of time. Nothing has changed. The only thing thats changed is that people are suddenly noticing the # now.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Point taken though. It's funny because when people demand new laws for the same problem that old laws were created to address, it becomes pretty obvious that more laws are not the answer. If they were, you wouldn't need a new law for the same damn problem every ten years.

For example, making theft illegal goes as far as you need to go to deter the casual thief. If the motive for the theft is more than just general misbehavior driven by boredom or whatever, you will have to go for the root cause of the theft instead of looking for a punitive deterrent. Deeper motives require deeper thinking.

If the dog is just trying to grab your sandwich out of curiosity, shooing it away will probably suffice. If the dog is starving to death and that's why it wants your sandwich, it might eat you AND your sandwich.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire

Half of all laws are being broken on a daily basis, so what are you worried about? It's not like the Elites havent been running the Circus 24/7 since the dawn of time. Nothing has changed. The only thing thats changed is that people are suddenly noticing the # now.

I think the laws that are being created are NOT in the favor of the worker. We have a single party communist government. It's just that the communism we have is NOT in the worker's favor. What we have is corporate communism.

So my big problem with all of this is when people say government is NOT the solution. There is no other solution than government. Government is the only solution. So when someone is saying no more new laws doesn't that mean let's just keep the status quo in place with all laws in favor of the corporations, shareholders, CEOs, and billionaires.

To me this is such a strange thing to say, "hey all you people out there making the median worker's wage, just roll over and die."

edit on 14-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

The difference is, a dog is not overreacting emotionally to the situation. He is not advocating that all dogs deserve a sandwich.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You are wrong and quite possibly, insane.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join