It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Royce C. Lamberth Orders Depositions Of Obama-Era Officials And Former Hillary Clinton Aides

page: 1

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Government watchdog Judicial Watch has just announced today it's schedule for depositions, that were ordered by U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth, back in January. This should be very interesting, especially after the recent release of transcripts from former FBI lawyer Lisa Page's July 2018 congressional testimony. Some of the government officials that will be deposed, include "Susan Rice, Ben Rhodes, Jacob Sullivan, and E.W. Priestap, an FBI official," as well as former Bill Clinton aide, Justin Cooper.

Government watchdog Judicial Watch, whose Freedom of Information Act lawsuit back during the Obama administration originally led to the disclosure of the scandal over Hillary Clinton using an unauthorized email system for state secrets, has announced a series of depositions for government officials involved.

The organization announced on Wednesday its schedule for those depositions that were ordered back in January by U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth. Some of the prominent names included are Susan Rice, Ben Rhodes, Jacob Sullivan, and E.W. Priestap, an FBI official.

www.wnd.com...

Judicial Watch wants to find out several things:

1) “whether Clinton intentionally attempted to evade the Freedom of Information Act by using a non-government email system.”

2) “whether the State Department’s efforts to settle this case beginning in late 2014 amounted to bad faith” and “whether the State Department adequately searched for records responsive to Judicial Watch’s FOIA request.”

Judge Judge Royce C. Lamberth stated during a hearing last October: “I had myself found that Cheryl Mills had committed perjury and lied under oath in a published opinion I had issued in a Judicial Watch case where I found her unworthy of belief, and I was quite shocked to find out she had been given immunity in — by the Justice Department in the Hillary Clinton email case.”

U.S. District Court Judge Royce Lamberth also said he was "shocked" and "dumbfounded" when he learned that FBI had granted immunity to former Clinton chief of staff Cheryl Mills during its investigation into the use of Clinton's server, according to a court transcript of his remarks.

"I had myself found that Cheryl Mills had committed perjury and lied under oath in a published opinion I had issued in a Judicial Watch case where I found her unworthy of belief, and I was quite shocked to find out she had been given immunity in — by the Justice Department in the Hillary Clinton email case," Lamberth said during the hearing.

www.foxnews.com...

The confirmed deposition schedule is as follows:

Officials who must answer written questions under oath:

Since Congress and the DOJ have constantly obstructed the quest for truth, it's encouraging, that a "government watchdog" like Judicial Watch, is blowing this "hidden" story wide open, for the whole world to see. I truly hope that justice prevails.
edit on 3/13/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What does a deposition mean?
I’m not really into legal language.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Sounds good in theory, but you know most will invoke the fifth.

After the Page transcript was released, i don't think any reasonable person can refute the fact that the FBI/DOJ are guilty of protecting Hill by any criminal means necessary.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
They can invoke the 5th all they want but if the communications are available they will have tied their own nooses. This is long overdue and short some massive intervention to abort the process that Email server will be the millstone around many a collective neck.

Go Judicial watch! Tom Fitton is a real American hero for the 21st century.
edit on 13-3-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Goedhardt

They have to answer questions.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Did you read the transcript?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

What an unbelievable waste of Taxpayers money.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Sure as hell didn't mind spending it on investigating Trump.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
They had better tell the truth.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I would applaud them but I don't believe it will go anywhere.

The reason is that I have seen numerous threads on here about how Judicial watch has gone after a lot of similar things and to my knowledge none of them have panned out. I wish them luck this time as I have in the past. Maybe just maybe this time it will go well for them.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Judicial watch can't prosecute anyone but damned if they don't give a prosecutor the case on a silver platter many times. It's sure not their fault no one is convicted.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

What an unbelievable waste of Taxpayers money.

I think rooting out corruption, shining light on mishandling of classified info as well as the attemted undermining of our political process, and exposing the pay to play scam that was the sole purpose of the Clinton foundation are all a good use of taxpayer $.

The Mueller clown show, not so much.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: Grimpachi

Judicial watch can't prosecute anyone but damned if they don't give a prosecutor the case on a silver platter many times. It's sure not their fault no one is convicted.

Not only that, they are like a dog with a bone when it comes to FOIA requests. If it weren't for them persisting in the face of stonewalling, so much stuff would be swept under the rug.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Now if only they could prove beyond a reasonable doubt, in public, that the FBI is corrupt and has been actively working all along to destroy the very evidence we could have used to put the clintons in prison nearly thirty years ago.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
They can invoke the 5th all they want but if the communications are available they will have tied their own nooses. This is long overdue and short some massive intervention to abort the process that Email server will be the millstone around many a collective neck.

Go Judicial watch! Tom Fitton is a real American hero for the 21st century.

Long long overdue
Not past the statue of limitations tho

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Mach2

Did you read the transcript?

I just read it. I'll admit FOX is taking a line a little out of context but one might conclude that Page went around answering the question directly until that finally came out. It's still a win for Trump and should be enough to look closer at the DOJ at the time.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Now if only they could prove beyond a reasonable doubt, in public, that the FBI is corrupt and has been actively working all along to destroy the very evidence we could have used to put the clintons in prison nearly thirty years ago.

They have it just hasn't been sent to a court to allow a jury of citizens to decide. The people who allow that to happen are clearly proving to be corrupt for simply not allowing it. If they can survive being brought up on charges then we can discuss surrender of the protests.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This judge needs to make a public statement that she has no intentions of committing suicide in the near future.

It's a weird coincidence for people who look into any case that involves the Clintons.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm unsure what will ultimately come of this but one thing is certain...Clinton aides/employees about to give a deposition? RIP I hardly knew thee.

new topics

top topics

join