It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people are soooo stupid!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here's the question...

Your sitting in a restaurant and the guy at the next table is playing with his silverware. The next thing you know he takes his fork and sticks it right into his own eye!
He is rushed to the hospital and is informed that is eye is damaged beyond repair and that he will be blind in that eye for the rest of his life. Who should he sue for damages? The restaurant? The fork manufacturer?
Surely SOMEONE must pay for this egrarious act, right?

Now check this out...

www.local6.com...

WTF???

Now whose fault is this? Come on here... wouldn't common sense tell ANYONE that this is dangerous? What right do these IDIOTS have to sue the city or the building owner?

Simple common sense should tell you such things are dangerous and if you ignore common sense, then why should someone else pay the price!? We wonder why things are so expensive. We wonder why insurance costs are soaring. I think the simple answer lies in the story above; some people are too stupid to possess common sense.

Anyone else have a similar story about how someone has had to pay for someone else's stupidity? I continually think about the thief that broke into a guys house, threatened his family and then was shot by the homeowner in the hand. The thief sued the homeowner for loss of wages because he wasn't able to work due to his injury and he WON!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This goes in line with a rant I made earlier this a.m. about frivolous law suits and why we are getting in the shape we're in. Kids watch TV... They see law offices advertising for "sue and get money" for virtually everything. And the stupidity of the juries that award the outrageous sums is something I've yet to fathom.

Seems like people:

a) Do not want to take personal responsibility for their various actions and lack of forethought

b) Juries, at the behest of lawyers, see the companies and entities they award these large sums from, as nefarious and evil. Granted there are many problems with some folks being incredibly greedy and thoughtless when it comes to ethics and morals in the companies.... But suing them out of existence is not the answer.

This case should be tossed out on it's metaphoric buttocks ....

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The thief sued the homeowner for loss of wages because he wasn't able to work due to his injury and he WON!

Precisely why it is always a good idea to shoot thieves dead and then arm them. Dead people can't sue...

Sounds like Mr. Fork is well on his way to a Darwin Award, or at least Honorable Mention...

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This is very sad.

The "fork in the eye" routine is a good party trick when done more properly.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I don't even know what to say to this to be quite honest with you. I mean how fukken st00pid do you have to be to do something like that? They should have killed themselves while they were at it so they don't pass on their stupidity to any future children they may have.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The biggest crime is that this "dull knife" of a boy lived.

See, he'll continue to pursue this suit, and will "win" a undisclosed settlement worth at the very least, tens of thousands of dollars.

Not only that, but he'll probably go on to wed and multiply, thrusting even more foolishness into the world.

While a sane person goes through life struggling for money, This FOOL will sit on his nice little nest egg, no matter what he does.

Sick world really.

X

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Stories?

Woman is suicidal, she throws herself in front of train, she isn't killed. She sues for 14 million dollars because she wasn't killed, and wins 10million.

Man eats McDonalds for 30 days straight, doesn't work out, just sits and eats allllllll day. Then says hey! I got fat, McDonalds bad.

Woman feeds her kid Fast Food all day every day and then sues McDonalds when her kid gets fat.

Three men are having a contest. A guy cuts his finger off, saying he is tougher then the others. The next guy cuts an arm off. He is tougher. SO the third guy cuts his head off with a chainsaw.

A guy is walking down some some Rail Road tracks. He sees a train. He starts running down the tracks, and is hit/killed.

A guy wants to put his arms up on a roller coaster, but the restraints prevent that. So after he gets on the ride he uses a knife to cut the restraints. The ride has several loops that go upside down.

A guy is working on a tall tower/building. To get his tools/supplies to the top he makes a rope and pulley(sp?) system. He loads tools first, raises them to the top, then climbs up, unloads, and repeats with supplies. When he is done, he loads tools, and decides to put the remaining supplies on it at the same time, one trip. He loads it up, goes down, unties the rope from the tree, and the new load of tools and supplies weigh more then he does, unlike when they were seperate.

A guy sells a potion that is suppose to make the person who takes it bullet proof. Someone takes it, and lets someone shoot themselves with a shot gun.

A man makes a huge bar tab, and can't pay. He runs away, swims across a river, is eaten by crocodiles.

Hmmmm, all I can remember from Darwin Awards.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I simply cannot get over the fact that the parents are going to sue for their own moronicly stupid kids actions. What happened to the good old days where you and a few friends could get together and build a few bombs? I would be willing to bet that the lawyer the parents hire is affiliated with the ACLU. These guys would sue their own mother. Now as it is, the owners of the property will go in the hole even deeper to erect some type of kid proof barrier. It's sad that they are even thinking about a lawsuit. If I were the owner being sued, I would counter sue the parents for not warning their kids about the dangers of building jumping.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
If I were the judge in this case I would get up from the bench, walk up to the parents, their lawyer and the kid, and slap them right across the face for being so f00ken st00pid! Then I would dismiss the case while laughing all the way back to my chambers.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It's good to know that I'm not aloine in this one. I wasn't sure if this was an ATS type topic, but when I read the story I just couldn't believe it and had to share. It's this kind of crap that makes you lose fail in society and the human race.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
If I were the judge in this case I would get up from the bench, walk up to the parents, their lawyer and the kid, and slap them right across the face for being so f00ken st00pid! Then I would dismiss the case while laughing all the way back to my chambers.

You'd get my vote for town judge. (some towns you can vote for judges!)

My parents were victims of frivoulous law suits twice. A lady 'tripped' on
their side walk a few times. Of course, she also 'tripped' on three other
sidewalks around town over the course of a year or two.

I don't know how people like that can sleep at night. Blood suckers.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Human stupidity?

A sporting team celebrating their victory in the recently ended season hired out a light aircraft to fly to (X) to celebrate. During the flight they encountered another light aircraft and having consumed some alcohol decided to moon the other plane. The pilot takes part too but unfortunately disengages the autopilot accidentaly and in the struggle to readjust his un-pilotlike (well airborne anyway) state of dress he loses control of the aircraft which promptly crashes leaving the Accident investigation team to puzzle over a light aircraft full of corpses with their pants around their ankles.

Lesson 1. Alcohol and flying do not mix. This should be entirely obvious shouldn't it?

Lesson 2. Flying and partil nudity do not mix. Unless you are a passenger on an airliner and recieve and offer from a comely stewardess of female passenger. (Beware though the fines for getting caught doing this are enourmous. The plane Nazis will treat you like a terrorist.)

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
stupid people,yeah, ... but smart at the same time,
they commit a crime ,and end up the victim......get a payout,sit back n laugh.
whose stupid????
the judge,jury,?
perhaps they should have their forehead tattoo'd, so the rest of us can spot them easy,
that way, if you catch 1 breakin into your place, smack him in the scone with a 4x2,
while he's out cold ,take him down the street and dump him,.
all is finished

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
okay, all of you older folks, think hard.....
how many of yas would have been jumping from building to building like that when you were kids??? I know, the buildings weren't as high or as many, but how many would have done anything this stupid to begin with?

I can only think of one person who was stupid enough to jump off of a roof, and well, they were much, much younger than that, so young in fact, that well, they just thought they were being superman.

these guys are teenages, weren't they?
so, you can't blame the parents (as was the superman case where ya, maybe my mom shouldn't have let such a young child out alone on a roof) , since part of being a teenager is learning to live independantly..

and well, I suspose that maybe you could blame society in general a little, since well, if they were noticed by someone passing by, jumping from roof to roof, well, maybe they should have informed the police....but then, can we actually have our police on patrol all over our cities looking up in the skies, looking for crazy kids?

I don't know, I think the parents of these kids need to take them to both their doctors and a psychologist, and find out just what is going on.....and address the real problem.....
their kid's brains aren't functioning normally!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Damn gravity...
I think the time will come when some people are so stupid they will just wear vests with sensors that tell them to turn left when they walk into a wall.
Risks are fun, but only because they're risky. I'm sure jumping between 80ft tall buildings is quite a rush, but you should assume responsibility for getting smashed up if you don't quite make it.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
They should lock this guy up with Laser man in Jersey on stupidity alone. Idiots will always exist, we just hope they do not procreate.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hilarious thread! If you are playing with a fork in your own house and stab yourself in the eye try suing the silverware manufacturer (HAH!)... err, well maybe if I was lucky enough to have the people on that jury work at AllState I could file a claim with on my own homeowners insurance or something.

Reminds me of the McDonald's case which someone referenced... Jay Leno mocked it - The judge said, "You ate McDonalds every day because you didn't know it was bad for you... So you're fat AND stupid?" Thank god that case got thrown out.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just remember, people on jury duty are to stupid to get out of it...... I wouldn't mind though, they pay you, right? I could sit on a jury just to say the guy was guilty, or innoccent, but I want the death penalty! Who cares if it was just jay walking!(kidding)

Jumping between building? Free Running? That stuff is amazing! You ever see it? These guys(and girls) went all around London, NEVER TOUCHING THE GROUND! They did free running, on roofs, ledges, staircase things, everywhere but the ground.

I tried it once, but scared to death of heights....... Doesn't mix.

Also, speaking of idiots and airplanes... A hockey team was flying on a DC-37(17? some kind of small unpressurized airplane) and were drunk, so the pilot flew up high er until the team passed out due to lack of the good ol Oxygen and then flew back down so they would breath, but still passed out.

top topics

join