It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking my dream vacation to Ireland - Suggestions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hello fellow travelers !

I am finally taking my dream vacation to Ireland. I thought I would reach out to see if ATS has any recommendations on must sees while I am there.

We are taking our time and going around the full county. Areas we are specifically staying in: Dublin, Derry, Galway, Ennis, and Cork. We don't mind making pit stops along the way though.

It is my husband and I. We are a younger couple. We enjoy scenery, music, history, drinking. We like both touristy things and off the grid things.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Get pics

Say hi to this lady for me.

Seems you're staying at all the right places. I'd say don't rush and take it in ( however trips like these are time limited ).

Edit: I don't remember where we saw this statue... if you see it, let me know where we were.🙄

Don't be that tourist that goes to a pub and orders a Guinness. Find the lens cover to my camera at the Cliffs of Moher. And get a T-shirt from the the Worlds oldest pub( I have the shirt lying around somewhere here ). And get a bottle of something you can't get where you live.. this is very good stuff🍻😁👍👍

edit on 13-3-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
aking my dream vacation to Ireland - Suggestions?

Kiss the Blarney Stone.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Jog around the perimeter and don't be an ugly tourist. Bring a light coat and umbrella... and say farewell to your liver and millions of brain cells.

One could search the NW hills for the possibly immortal witch lady living there and if lucky, she'll let you have the brew that enables communication with animals as well as gives a soft buzz.

I'd spend some time in Dublin... and enjoyce the environs.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The Guinness Brewery
The Titanic Museum(s)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

I travelled there Several years back and it was amazing! I mainly stayed in Dublin but, an in-law I travelled with was from Ireland so, he was able to take me to some really cool places. Get the gift of gab at Blarney Stone lol and, the most amazing memory I have is from the cliffs of moher. It’s beautiful.

Safe travels

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

a reply to: headorheart the most amazing memory I have is from the cliffs of moher. It’s beautiful.

I was there and it was completely fogged in so bad you couldn't see your hand in front of you. Alas, no refunds.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I live in Ireland!!

Ring of Kerry, go out on the boat to see the dolphins, the McGillycuddy Reeks (Highest mountains in Ireland) aren't far from Cork if you're into hiking, there's the Foto Wildlife Park in Cork, very good open spaced place, Cobh Beach in Cork is one of the best around. I'm not sure about small scale stuff outside of the middle of Ireland where I live (Haunted Castles, ruins etc). The rock of Cashel is a big hit with history buffs, Limerick is a beautiful city, I'm told, but I've never been up that way. If your going to Galway you have to see Connemara, there's a remote town in the middle of nowhere called Cliffden, very nice spot. Many people have said that Galway would have been the capital once if it had been more accessible, but much of the West side of Ireland is remote, lesser roads, etc. The art musuems in Dublin are great, I've seen Da Vincis work there, Monet, Rembrandt, etc etc. There's two very close to eachother, and I'd advise using the Luas, a type of train that doesnt cost much, 6-7 euro a go i think. There's the Viking tour in Dublin, a viking bus/boat drives around the city centre and takes a dip in the water too. The wax musuem in Dublin, Phoneix park, dublin zoo... you sound like you won't be near here, but Wicklow is one of the most beautiful parts of the country.

If i think of anything else ill add it in.

P.S. I hope you and your partner aren't susceptible to alcohol poisoning.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Go to Glendalough, Wicklow. After there go to Johnny Foxes pub for food. Its not too far away from Glendalough. You won't be disappointed with either suggestions.
If you have the time go to Bray seafront which isn't far from the pub. It has an old promenade and great nightlife.
You're gonna have a fantastic time.

edit on 13/3/19 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
When in Derry do the Bogside walking tour it’s an hour and a half and very informative you’ll find it on the interweb

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Belfast is more interesting than Dublin. Hiked around the island of Ireland, so been to the Republic and the North. Some nice places out West, but (as I say) Belfast is better than Dublin.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There's a theme park too, actually. "Tayto Park." Never been but heard good things.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
ireland sounds cool. i want to visit this country

new topics

top topics

join