It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A way to get the extraterrestrials to make first contact

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Now you have something Stout, why do you lot think I'm here.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Thats a good price in any part of the Galaxy

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Krakatoa

Now you have something Stout, why do you lot think I'm here.

I used to make an awesome stout. I'd be up for reformulating it for the Klingon palette, and giving it away for free. Because the real Gold-Press Latinum is in the ancillary services not the beer. Services like accommodations, snacks, Opera, and "companionship".

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Didn't read the link, but it seems to me you would have to know precisely where to aim to be effective.

Possibly like this.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

One. Ancient myth and more modern interpretations of unexplained phenomenon. This is the only reason that we even speculate their existence. If we hold that any of that historical reference or modern sightings are true, then ''they'' already are aware of us and it is not a matter of telling them we are here.

This narrows down to ''if'' they are already aware of us, ''why'' have they not make ''open and general contact'' with us.
It seems to me that any ''disclousure'' that we might be waiting on would also indicate that contact has been made and what we are waiting for is to hear from those who have information to disclose.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
And the worker ant said, "Can we attract the humans?" to the chagrin of the other ants, "Don't be stupid you silly ant! They are killers, inantan."

But on that fateful day, worker ant number 4908234 invented it.. the ant e-matter machine. "I'll show them, the recalcitrant fools." and he pressed play.

The colony suddenly felt compelled, pulled in a direction.. with a false scent of betrayal they all lined up in unison, to form the words "WE ARE HERE" in human English, and numbers 4908234's play to lure the Humans was complete, a total success.

Human number 4 saw this unimaginable sight, and proclaimed "Holy buckets.. What are those ants doing?" and without a second thought, grabbed a pan of boiling water, and proceeded to pour it into the ant nest. "Hyuk, ants... so dumb."

And thus concludes, the ant chronicles. Lest we forget.

edit on 13-3-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Actually not a bad idea, tough part is how ? Didn't they answer a message sent by Carl Sagan in simple Radio binary code as a crop circle anagram ?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a huge uptick in testing of new types of weaponry should possibly do the trick perhaps....I am thinking/hoping they would want contact to warn us...that's my line of thinking fwiw.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Well...

Stephen Hawking did ask the question... if we could get aliens to communicate us and come here... would we want them to?

He did say theres a chance they would be violent
And, would they be observing us currently, or close by. Enough to be monitoring our radio signals ? Perhaps they are waiting until we all die off, the world is in a rapid change, a change that might bring rapid depopulation. Benevolent or warrior-like ..... is a gamble... 50-50

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Well...

Stephen Hawking did ask the question... if we could get aliens to communicate us and come here... would we want them to?

He did say theres a chance they would be violent
And, would they be observing us currently, or close by. Enough to be monitoring our radio signals ? Perhaps they are waiting until we all die off, the world is in a rapid change, a change that might bring rapid depopulation. Benevolent or warrior-like ..... is a gamble... 50-50

Timeline is 12 years I recently heard.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Invite the aliens to coffee on Facebook and see who shows up.

How do you know that an alien is not posing as one of our members here on ATS. I mean, they have fingers so they can type.
edit on 13-3-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You would probably get their attention if you wore a cow suit
and hunkered down in a field somewhere.They do seem to like
beef,or parts of them I should say.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Do we really want to attract their attention? Think Borg.

I am thinking something even more dangerous than the Borg.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Just like KIC 8462852!!! If we do it, people would just not believe it's a message just like we don't believe KIC 8462852 is a message!!

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Here is Carl Sagan message to ET:
en.wikipedia.org...

and here is the supposed answer:
rationalwiki.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I don't want to give away all of my trade secrets.

But here on Earth...you have to go where the aliens want to go, by staying one step ahead of them and being in the "right place at the right time."

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Simple ! Turn off ALL the lights all over the globe all at once and all at the same time with one strong laser for each Continent shooting straight up.... should get there attention real quick then film it and light up a single landing area at each location.

An invitation .... Nazca lines & figures anyone? they were here in the past a group of people don't just willy nilly decide to make massive ground images that can be seen from the air for no reason .....

The only reason first contact is not in public domain is because we Us as in all of humanity are way to fractured to even attempt without incurring irrational actions.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Petri dish civilization, you just run the tests to optimize

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Always a good topic for speculation ....
I want to know, but not that they know

Agree with these two posters though :
a reply to: CriticalStinker
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

On one hand
if we interpret ancient, *anomalous artifacts as evidence of visitation...
*biblical accounts, ancient hieroglyphs, sculptures, paintings...
That would mean that "they've" got our SAP
and are happily ghosting us
Are we really that god-bad-awfull !?!

On the other
If these 'artifacts' are nothing more than documented cases of periodic mass hysteria but we're still convinced it's all for real ...
"Hey duuude, let's test the Fermi paradox again, for funnies

Saying "Hello !" to the interstellar version of MacD may not be the best of ideas

What if ....
An outlying probe from a wayfaring civilization is busy scanning ...
Suddenly, a series of bleeps and bloops ensue ..

"Comrades, food ahoy"

edit on 13-3-2019 by Cassi3l because: Amazones from plant Zarcon are always welcome and don't need visas...

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
First contact is assuredly passive.

A sentinel object, a self perpetuating drone, and/or a passive deep signal.

Those are the potentials I personally, would believe as a possibility.

Finding a species exactly like us? Nah.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join