It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A way to get the extraterrestrials to make first contact

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm so sick of waiting for full disclosure. So I've been thinking of ways we can get the extraterrestrials to notice us. So I've been thinking about Star Trek's subspace communications using quantum entanglement. If there were a way we could disrupt subspace communications then we might get the extraterrestrials to give us some attention. Put out a high energy beam that causes entangled particles to become untangled. Something subtle.

edit on 13-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Just perform a satanic ritual and the inter-dimensional aliens will come visit you.

I don't think you'll actually want to meet the aliens though.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Such an irrational thought -- but every time someone suggests us reaching out to them I think "but what if we accidently say something insulting and they get pissed?!"

Definitely not a real reason not to try to make contact.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Made me chuckle,
Advertise
Free Car (er I mean UFO) Wax and Wash
Just don't eat the local's

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Made me chuckle,
Advertise
Free Car (er I mean UFO) Wax and Wash
Just don't eat the local's

"It's a cookbook!!!!!"

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I'm so sick of waiting for full disclosure. So I've been thinking of ways we can get the extraterrestrials to notice us. So I've been thinking about Star Trek's subspace communications using quantum entanglement. If there were a way we could disrupt subspace communications then we might get the extraterrestrials to give us some attention. Put out a high energy beam that causes entangled particles to become untangled. Something subtle.

I think its utterly futile; to wit Why would aliens even want to make contact with us?

I suspect the answer is the same reason we're not trying to make contact with the Plague.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
If there were a way we could disrupt subspace communications then we might get the extraterrestrials to give us some attention. Put out a high energy beam that causes entangled particles to become untangled. Something subtle.

And if they need entangled particles to stay entangled? Untangling such a thing might make them think that we’re attacking them, and there goes the neighbourhood......

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well...

Stephen Hawking did ask the question... if we could get aliens to communicate us and come here... would we want them to?

He did say theres a chance they would be violent

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Saw Quantum in your post... sooo MNF exited have to react :

I'm sure ET/aliens don't like this :

So if you mess around with :

1 Polonium/Plutonium and messing in the biosphere with it.
2 A hybrid / genetic modifications of species.
3 Going to Antarctica with nukes.
4 secret handshake on numberstations.
5 Xerum 525 in a cyclotron
6 thorium reactor

Without the permission of you government...

I'm sure they'll entangle with us...

edit on 3132019 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Well...

Stephen Hawking did ask the question... if we could get aliens to communicate us and come here... would we want them to?

He did say theres a chance they would be violent

From the link I posted in the post above yours.

"One day we might receive a signal from a planet like this, but we should be wary of answering back," Hawking said in the 2016 CuriosityStream series Stephen Hawking's Favorite Places. "Meeting an advanced civilization could be like Native Americans encountering Columbus. That didn't turn out so well."

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
A way to get the extraterrestrials to make first contact

Beam a 3d hologram in to space with a nude earth girl with a sign holding free lap dances.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Send a powerful interstellar signal burst in the range of frequencies from 1420 to 1720 MHz (called the Water Hole) stating,

FREE BEER

That sign never ceases to bring in the crowds.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

MIT proposes building a laser to beam out information

Didn't read the link, but it seems to me you would have to know precisely where to aim to be effective.

How about a Dysons sphere around the sun, with an aperture that opens, and closes. We could then send morse code type signals that would be seen by a large part of the universe.

Of course is likely any signal would take tens of thousands of years to get a response.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Do we really want to attract their attention? Think Borg.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Do we really want to attract their attention? Think Borg.

That is why I suggested "FREE BEER" as a message. The Borg would not be interested.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The aliens have already been observing us for thousands of years. They ALMOST contacted us in the eighties. But then the internet came out and exposed us for what we are. After that, they said ‘Ohhh hell no”, and that was that.

Reminds me of the scene in the movie ‘Fifth Element’ when they show Leloo the video of our history.
edit on 13-3-2019 by KKLOCO because: Sp

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Klingons might be tempted by that?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: Krakatoa

Klingons might be tempted by that?

Nahh...Terran beer is too watered down. Now, they might go for a nice heavy stout. And, if you are serving drinks, for free, they won't be thinking of attacking, and ruin a good thing, right?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

It have to be blood wine, and a vintage of 2309 to get Klingon's attention.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join