It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The adverts have taken over...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Now I've seen other people complain about ads here before but my only real concern before has been with the way the banner ad was displayed at the bottom of the screen on my phone. When the keyboard pops up typing space is limited enough without the ad across the screen and, when there is a close box it's usually so small you open the ad by mistake, or you accidently hit the arrow that takes you to the top of the screen. Then there's the ads, like the one displayed now that says "Real people. Real reviews. Real insight. It also has no real way to close it.

But there's a fresh new hell I've found in the realms of advertising on ATS, I noticed it for the first time yesterday and today, on this thread, I realised the enormity of its nuisance.

There appears to be a new method of advertising where a paragraph break in the top post of each page has an ad in it. I assume the ads are different for everyone but, for me, the second one down was for Over 50's Life Insurance (which I'm not old enough for so a targeted ad failure there) and the other 4 were the same ad for Disneyland.

So, I demand my share of the ad revenue for any adverts which appear on my posts and have already appeared on my posts, I'll settle for a quarterly bank transfer, thank you. ScepticOverlord, pm me for bank details...
edit on 13/3/19 by djz3ro because: To remove the question from my demand for my cut in ad revenue...

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

lol wait till he presents you with the server costs and telstar upgrade bill!

2nd line

f.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Geeze if you log out,when you log in so much pop ups it's like visiting Arizona and swatting flies to type screen name in

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

You probably have already accepted to have ads in your post when agreeing Terms and Conditions when creating an account.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnorantGod

You probably have already accepted to have ads in your post when agreeing Terms and Conditions when creating an account.

fer shur… the team of Lawyers and the Google monster have all that covered... all the poster will need is a post-card sized, horizontal slot for their comment---the growing plethora of Ads will be seen

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
.....until ATS is not seen...... be careful what you wish for ATS.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Stay logged in...don't log out. Bookmark once after signing in once....put link on your desktop...

Many are always logged on...

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Shush you ingrate.. That you cannot read nor reply to posts, is inconsequential. It's FREE, you know.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It's pretty bad these days.

Of the few websites I do visit it is by far the worst here.

Every time I hit "recents" or any other topic ADS start to pop up on the left side and bottom.

It's gettin outa hand ,

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

Careful what you dream for...

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying about the new way ads appear, could you get a screen-shot showing what is happening? I don't see any adverts, probably because I'm from Portugal.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Can't use my phone anymore because of the hostile takeover of it and having to pull the battery to salvage

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just addblock that #..

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimens
Just addblock that #..

Not allowed, and not allowed to suggest.

interdastingly, your suggest still remains.

Brilliant song, btw!!
Love ol' Dennis.

edit on 13-3-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
All posts in BBQ regarding problems involving ads belong in this existing thread created for that purpose.

Thread closed.
edit on 3/13/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join