It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GA Democrat Introduces Bill to Regulate the Sex Life of Men.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Good analysis. Murder of babies should NEVER be acceptable.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

If you don't consider the unborn baby a member of the (genus) species Homo sapiens then yes, it is okay to kill them because they aren't human.

Kind of like how southern slave masters didn't consider folks from Africa human and could kill them at a whim.

But, once born, are they not protected by the United States Constitution to the same rights as we are? They were born in the U.S., so they have those protections. Any law that violates those protections must be deemed unconstitutional.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Seems to me Red, that the question is not so much is a fetus human as it is a question of just what are humans over all.
If we are just aspects of a vaster organic animal system that has developed a strong physical need to have intercourse and produce copies of ourselves so that they too can do the same, pushing our animal dna though the ages, then why not, if we can even consider it, try to make a change. If we take this atheistic perspective then what is the problem?

The problem is that we all do not agree on that atheistic perspective. There is also the ''religious'' view point that ''humans'' are different from the rest of the animal kingdom, that we are imbued with an essence that is not found in other critters.
This perspective can and does hold to the ''we better not through a monkey wrench'' into the naturally God given plan for our cycles through the ages.

Laws that are established under one premise will be fought against by those who live under the other premise. The battle we see here is not which premise is the truth, but rather which premise will beat out the other premise in the laws of the land.

So, do we want laws that tell us what we can and cannot do with our bodies? I read a thread recently that suggested that sperm has a sense of smell. Do we make laws that hold that sperm is sacred because it is half of a child and make masturbation illegal? It used to be in some cultures that it was, that it was written into the religious laws that it was evil, spilling the seed and all. But now? Certainly not, at least to most of us.

But does society have the right to write laws that tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body? That is the question here. I say no. I don't want them telling me I cannot masturbate, that should be left up to me. Likewise I don't think that government should have the right to tell a woman how to deal with pregnancy, thatshould be left up to her or her and her God.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Why are you making a comparison between masturbation and pregnancy? It’s not apples to apples.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I have to ask this,are we living in the twilight zone?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I have to ask this,are we living in the twilight zone?

Mandela Effect, 'nuff said

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It's seems like an attempt at a cheeky joke, but in actuality, it lays out quite clearly the absurdity of what they believe.

They believe that opposition to abortion is an attempt to regulate the bodies of women, something they've been told time and time again, but is clearly a misrepresentation of their opponent's argument. Her attempt to conceive of a equivalent version of her misrepresentation of the opposition's argument ("You want our wombs? We’re coming for your testicles"), complete with the explicit controlling of male bodies, outlines this absurdity.

Complete fail.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You know, I don't entirely disagree with everything in this proposal. I do think a man's wife should be part of the decision making process for vasectomies and ED treatments. I also think there should be some manner of parental responsibility during pregnancy, not just after birth. The rest of it is asinine, however, and in no way whatsoever relates to antiabortion bills. WTF is the correlation between purchasing a sex toy or criminalizing unprotected consensual sex and an abortion?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well, oral and anal sex in Ga. is illegal, so there’s that.

edit on 13-3-2019 by Woolbrad666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2019 by Woolbrad666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Open dialog is important, but most people on both sides seem get too emotional around this issue for it to be productive. It just ends up being a moral pissing contest where everyone ends up looking like an asshat.

There are no simple solutions.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: neo96

Yep, they want to make things equal and fair, there needs to be one of two things.

They either need to be equal in responsibility and abortion is illegal and men are responsible for child support without a choice.

Or

They need to be equal in irresponsibility and the woman must inform the man before the limits on abortion are up, and he has the ability to then absolve himself of all responsibilities and rights to the child, at which point she can choose to abort, put the child up for adoption, or raise the child on her own with no support from the father.

I've been saying this for 30 years. Men get the short end of the stick when it comes to this issue.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Most americans dont think the government should have anything to do with reproduction.

Actually, if you look at the statistics, most Americans are pro-choice, BUT the majority of all, both pro-life AND pro-choice, think there should be some serious regulation of 3rd trimester abortions.
edit on 13-3-2019 by riiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

ATS does a full site backup between 27 and 32 minutes after every hour.

The staff informed you of this?

That would seem to be overkill.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If Congress is going to regulate men's sex lives, does that mean all men will be getting regular sex?

Asking for a friend.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Oh the caring, and life loving Demonrats...

What's worse, some people seem to think this is payback for wanting to save a child's life who has already been born...

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

Agreed. Third trimester abortions are most often performed because of a serious issue either the fetus or the mother.
Few women would carry a child that long and then decide nope dont want it...

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

ATS does a full site backup between 27 and 32 minutes after every hour.

The staff informed you of this?

That would seem to be overkill.

It's in the "Board Questions" section of the forum. Considering the amount of activity at ATS.com, and regular DDOS attacks, an hourly backup is probably prudent

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
If Congress is going to regulate men's sex lives, does that mean all men will be getting regular sex?

Asking for a friend.

It's just a Georgia issue for now. Flip the Senate and Presidency to Democrat in 2020, and there will be a lot of new, ridiculous regulations affecting our personal lives.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Why not? The Catholic Church does it with all married couples.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's just a Georgia issue for now. Flip the Senate and Presidency to Democrat in 2020, and there will be a lot of new, ridiculous regulations affecting our personal lives.

I guess we'll see.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join