It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"ex cardinal" George Pell given a 6 year sentence for 'historic child abuse' conviction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hi guys, my first post here but it's to "get the Facts straight" about what really happens in Australia re: sentencing as it's very different to the US so that we can avoid the countless "but he'll never end up doing six years" etc and sadly you are right, kind of.

In Oz there is a law called the "Truth in sentencing" law. It's exactly as it says. What you get sentence you DO. Full Stop.

There is NO "time off for good behavior" Or any other way to 'reduce your sentence' other than to Appeal to a higher court ... or die.

However, people usually get a "top" and a "bottom" sentence => the lowest amount of time before they can Apply for Parole. There are No guarantees that parole will be granted, although I imagine in this case, very much depends upon "the state of the world is" when he does get his first chance to apply for Parole, which shall be in 3 years and 8 months

There were five charges that Pell was sentenced for.
On the first charge he got two years and six months,
on the second charge (for sexual penetration) he got four years,
Pell got two years and six months for the third charge,
15 months for the fourth charge
and 18 months for the fifth charge (for the second incident).

In terms of his jail sentence, the judge said the sentence of four years was the “base sentence” and added a further 12 months for charge one, four months for charge three, two months for charge four and six months for charge five

“This means that I sentence you to a total effective sentence of six years imprisonment,” the judge said.

Pell must serve at least three years and eight months before being eligible to apply for parole.

I have NO doubt the world Is going to have an entirely different zeitgeist in 3yrs and 8mths, imo.

Here's a pretty fair and comprehensive article from the Oz ABC about the whole affair from start to finish and "how the evidence was considered valid" etc etc

Anyway, the Vatican's last treasurer until just last year, has been proven to be a pedophile for over 3 decades

If that doesn't get things moving worldwide, I doubt very much could. What the Australian Police and Courts have done to achieve this is nothing short of Truly Heroic in my opinion and I have great respect and admiration for those people who were prepared to "have a bloody good Go at this bastard" and WON, YUGELY! Thank you SO much for Being the Champions you have shown yourselves to Be

Thank Q . . . and I'm not trying to be 'punny' . . . think about it. Trump made One Phone call to the Oz Prime Minister several months before Pell was charged . . . and it was 'reported by the MSM' that the Prime Minister (at the time, Malcolm Turnbull, he's been changed since)

Gee, I found the complete transcript of the ph call!! Read between 'these lines'! whoa!

"'"This is the White House transcript of the phone call between Donald Trump and Malcolm Turnbull on 28 January 2017, as published by the Washington Post

‘You are worse than I am,’ Trump told Turnbull !

Linky to Full Transcript of their conversation!

"No Coincidences" . . . not in my world at least!

edit on 12-3-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: oopsies

edit on 12-3-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: immeejit

edit on 12-3-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: eejitier

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyJetson

Some Priests are beasts.

And the Vatican ken that well.

Yet do little to nothing about the matter.

Fact.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Evil is always where you least expect it.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

He’s a cardinal in an international blood cult that has a long history of rampant pedophilia and cover ups. That is exactly where i expect to find evil. People need to start seeing these religious ladder climbers as what they are. #ing grifters. All of them.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

People need to start seeing these religious ladder climbers as what they are. #ing grifters. All of them.

Indeed they Do. And this is How you go about 'waking them' ... with FACTS SO BIG they simply cannot be 'ignored'

I believe that these types of 'events' are going to continue ... and I say OOfugginRAH!

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   

This bloke is not alone. Where there is one rat there is usually others . Perhaps this case is about deliberately bringing down the church from the inside. Don't believe me??

This is from Dr Days 1960 talk to a group of other doctors which was called "Everything is in place and none can stop us now.

gumshoenews.com...

34. Another area of discussion was Religion. This is an avowed atheist speaking. He said, “Religion is not necessarily bad. A lot of people seem to need religion, with its mysteries and rituals – so they will have religion. But the major religions of today have to be changed because they are not compatible with the changes to come. The old religions will have to go especially Christianity. Once the Roman Catholic Church is brought down, the rest of Christianity will follow easily. Then a new religion can be accepted for use all over the world.

35. In order to do this, the Bible will be changed. It will be rewritten to fit the new religion. Gradually, key words will be replaced with new words having various shades of meaning. Everything in Scripture need not be rewritten, just key words will be replaced by other words.

36. Then followed one of the most surprising statements of the whole presentation: He said, “Some of you probably think the Churches won’t stand for this,” and he went on to say, “the churches will help us!” There was no elaboration on this.

edit on Wed Mar 13 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS & SOURCE ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I watched the sentencing live, and for the first time heard the crimes he is accused of.

And yet there are still people claiming he is innocent. One of the victims, who were both 13 at the time they were both forced under his hand, has since passed away.

I don't believe he will serve 6 years, and simply do the 3 years 8 months.. and he will be in protected in there, since he is a target for other inmates.

We can only hope his failing health serves justice to him.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
You can be assured that what he was accused is only the tip of the iceberg......

In all his years there must be more......there WILL be more that he has got

away with.

As for sentencing, its a joke any sentence should for every crime be served

in FULL

Time off for good behaviour Lol!! is a misnomer if ever there was
How

on earth can any one behave otherwise while incarcerated?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Holding thumbs for a good ol’ shivving.
End this dogs life.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Equitable justice, natural death, from a foul and disgusting disease that eats his flesh and tortures his mind.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Pell is still a cardinal. As per right now he has still not been defrocked.
Hmmm?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: dfnj2015

He’s a cardinal in an international blood cult that has a long history of rampant pedophilia and cover ups. That is exactly where i expect to find evil. People need to start seeing these religious ladder climbers as what they are. #ing grifters. All of them.

And then some.
Evil is where it's always been, right in front of our eyes.
Just most to stupid to see it.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: teapot

originally posted by: gallop

Equitable justice, natural death, from a foul and disgusting disease that eats his flesh and tortures his mind.

I am disgusted.. but me also..

top topics

join