It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official..Sandmann Family Sues CNN For 275 Million..Kathy Griffin's Next!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Although hopeful, your title is a bit misleading. It says...

McMurtry said they're also "looking very closely" at reporting on the story from NBC, The Associated Press, HBO "for the conduct of Bill Maher," as well as individual people, like Kathy Griffin "who sent out these horrible tweets that are called doxxing."

This only says that they are "looking very closely". It doesn't say that they're actually doing it yet. I hope they do, but that's not what it says in the article.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
I was late to this story, so I saw it unfold backwards, Meaning, I saw the longer video before I saw the short slanted video.
I would like to ask you folks saying 250 mill is too much, "how much is your life worth"? Some folks in this very thread STILL think Sandman did "something" (aside from the obious bigot toward america) most of you sound rational. How much money have you made in your life? HOW MUCH IS YOUR LIFE WORTH?

You can't put a price on life. But this kid's life wasn't ruined. He wasn't killed. It's not like he can never get a job again, he's famous now. He could easily start a youtube channel or a gofundme and make millions. No, he doesn't deserve 250 million. It's laughable.

Imagine every where you went everyone looked at you. Just to see if you "DO" something. you can't have any expression because you have already been marked. can you imagine the stress that would be, and for a teen.

I'd rather be in prison.

WHAT? You'd rather be in prison than an ICON for the republican party who was invited to the white house and made famous? I'm sorry but a whiny teenager's ego is not worth $250m by a long shot. I get it, though. The American dream is finding a legal technicality and suing somebody to get rich off it and never having to work another day in your life. Sorry, his reputation is just fine. The lawsuit is a joke.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: thedigirati
I was late to this story, so I saw it unfold backwards, Meaning, I saw the longer video before I saw the short slanted video.
I would like to ask you folks saying 250 mill is too much, "how much is your life worth"? Some folks in this very thread STILL think Sandman did "something" (aside from the obious bigot toward america) most of you sound rational. How much money have you made in your life? HOW MUCH IS YOUR LIFE WORTH?

You can't put a price on life. But this kid's life wasn't ruined. He wasn't killed. It's not like he can never get a job again, he's famous now. He could easily start a youtube channel or a gofundme and make millions. No, he doesn't deserve 250 million. It's laughable.

Imagine every where you went everyone looked at you. Just to see if you "DO" something. you can't have any expression because you have already been marked. can you imagine the stress that would be, and for a teen.

I'd rather be in prison.

WHAT? You'd rather be in prison than an ICON for the republican party who was invited to the white house and made famous? I'm sorry but a whiny teenager's ego is not worth $250m by a long shot. I get it, though. The American dream is finding a legal technicality and suing somebody to get rich off it and never having to work another day in your life. Sorry, his reputation is just fine. The lawsuit is a joke.

Got a feeling if that was you or your kid you be singing a different tune.

Once AGAIN EVERY ONE OF THEM COULD HAVE RETRACTED THEIR STATEMENTS and not got sued, it's as simple as that. Everyone has been shown the original portrayal was false, yet every on the defendants has doubled down against this 15-year-old kid. When a simple retraction would have ended it and the whiney 15-year-old kid would have got nothing.

Now he still could get nothing but he has a day in court and it's up to a jury to decide, kind of like a fair hearing to decide grievances instead of blabbering falsehoods in the papers and on TV.

LOL os far as damages, listen to how you are talking about him LOL. Would you hire him? Just cause you can pretend pigeon hole him into a money-making scheme doesn't mean he isn't damaged

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Got a feeling if that was you or your kid you be singing a different tune.

Of course I would, because I'm going to jump at any chance to exploit the system and be set for life from it. As I said, that is the American Dream now. That's what the kid and his parents are thinking. That doesn't mean I deserve to get paid for essentially nothing, though. It just reflects the sad state of America where lawyers basically ruin everything and have turned the justice system into a giant joke. In the good ol' days we couldn't sue over being butthurt, but today anyone can sue anybody over "emotional damages" and magically equate that to a $$ amount as if that changes anything.

LOL os far as damages, listen to how you are talking about him LOL. Would you hire him? Just cause you can pretend pigeon hole him into a money-making scheme doesn't mean he isn't damaged

He's not damaged, he's a hero now.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Funny how you neglect to comment that the defendants could have made a retraction, and faced no lawsuit(s). They aren't exploiting the system they are using the system as it was intended. If 12 jurors agree with you he gets nothing, but you know or you should know 250 million is just an attention getter as they ignored a request for a retraction. Likely WaPo and CNN delay and delay for years and the quietly settle for a third of 250 million.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
CNN went with the lie and this young man will surely get a lot out of this court

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lethalsport
CNN went with the lie and this young man will surely get a lot out of this court

Two men who helped build CNN...and left when it became an Anti-America terrorist organization...briefly discuss how far the network has fallen.

Donald Trump Tweet - 2 minute video: twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Lethalsport

Two men who helped build CNN...and left when it became an Anti-America terrorist organization...briefly discuss how far the network has fallen.

Donald Trump Tweet - 2 minute video: twitter.com...

LMAO @ "anti-american terrorist organization." Somebody's watching a little too much fox news!

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

The public is obviously catching on to the increasing anti-America (aka "terrorist" or "treason") exhibited by CNN. So many in fact, that viewership is down ANOTHER 26% so far this year.

Today, CNN's parent company AT&T, terminated/bought-out 100 "seasoned" employees at the failing TV News Network.

SOURCE #1: twitter.com...

SOURCE #2: deadline.com...

This what happens to a News Network that openly projects "hate" of the country where it is domiciled, and the President who is making that country an even better place to live and work.

Hopefully it's only the beginning. As Source #2 states, CNN's President (Jeff Zucker) was put in charge of the entire Warner Media conglomerate this year. He now has to trim expenses where appropriate, to keep shareholders happy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join