It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official..Sandmann Family Sues CNN For 275 Million..Kathy Griffin's Next!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Such ignorance... nope. No where near England

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

1) What business does this kid have? He would have produce records of a loss of business and or loss of money from this.

Or a loss of a good reputation.
I think he's gained notoriety rather than was harmed by it.
Number two is critical. They certainly did not run the story with harmful intent.
But I understand why some people are moved by the situation.
edit on 3132019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Why does the need for evidence go down because of age?
Thats confusing me.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericasDoomed

Such ignorance... nope. No where near England

Such a long time troll I see with a 03/13 start date...lol

"at you lot" is very English like, my bad..

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Sorry that was for the Burke Ramsey case. Its in the article I linked. I didnt make it up or claim to know the laws. I just stated what the outcome of that case was.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I'm not actually a troll. I had a bit of a "brain fart" this morning. I got annoyed about things and wanted to voice it, I never comment on anything, but i knew i was going to be a little extreme, so i found a platform that was suitable to say what I wanted. ATS. Then I exploded in nonsensical blabbing, rather than approaching with a rational one. But, as I said, I read the article and comments, and I confirmed this was the place to say, ridiculous, extreme things. I will be far better structured if i am to actually engage in a dispute. Also using someones first login as a means to dispute them does not make sense. Everybody has to make a first post, everyone. Even you did. Yes, "at you lot" sounds rather English. Im sorry about my borderline hate speech. But we have been watching America for years making worse and worse decisions for itself and the world. Watching it divide itself socially, politically, sexually and racially. And it affects us, the rest of the world. We see people rallying behind this kid in the MAGA hat, saying he's a victem. That Hhe's a hero? He represents such vial rhetoric and yet people defend him. Its painful to watch the government struggle along and worry what america might do next. Everyone in our country knows all this, I wanted to voice it so an american might hear. I went about it all the wrong way and said all the wrong things and I'm sorry.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I was late to this story, so I saw it unfold backwards, Meaning, I saw the longer video before I saw the short slanted video.
I would like to ask you folks saying 250 mill is too much, "how much is your life worth"? Some folks in this very thread STILL think Sandman did "something" (aside from the obious bigot toward america) most of you sound rational. How much money have you made in your life? HOW MUCH IS YOUR LIFE WORTH?

No one knows if Nick might have gone to Harvard, Dartmouth, or Yale, if not for a lime light seeking non-vietnam vet. How much is a life worth in money? is it the composition of a man, the chemical makeup of a human is less than 3 dollars, they are fairly common substances.

Nick Sandman is 16, How much peace will he have in his future? there will always be folks like the one in this very thread, that look at him, EVEN BEING "WIERDED" OUT. Why? because you know who he is, he can't be "normal' now, because someone may take a picture or video of him and misrepresent him, again. He is scarred already from doing normal things in public.

Imagine every where you went everyone looked at you. Just to see if you "DO" something. you can't have any expression because you have already been marked. can you imagine the stress that would be, and for a teen.

I'd rather be in prison.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I'm not actually a troll. I had a bit of a "brain fart" this morning. I got annoyed about things and wanted to voice it, I never comment on anything, but i knew i was going to be a little extreme, so i found a platform that was suitable to say what I wanted. ATS. Then I exploded in nonsensical blabbing, rather than approaching with a rational one. But, as I said, I read the article and comments, and I confirmed this was the place to say, ridiculous, extreme things. I will be far better structured if i am to actually engage in a dispute. Also using someones first login as a means to dispute them does not make sense. Everybody has to make a first post, everyone. Even you did. Yes, "at you lot" sounds rather English. Im sorry about my borderline hate speech. But we have been watching America for years making worse and worse decisions for itself and the world. Watching it divide itself socially, politically, sexually and racially. And it affects us, the rest of the world. We see people rallying behind this kid in the MAGA hat, saying he's a victem. That Hhe's a hero? He represents such vial rhetoric and yet people defend him. Its painful to watch the government struggle along and worry what america might do next. Everyone in our country knows all this, I wanted to voice it so an american might hear. I went about it all the wrong way and said all the wrong things and I'm sorry.

Sure.
đź‘Ś

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Well I guess you take the risk when you represent something as publicly despised as he did (not saying its wrong, just that people think he is). So just as with anyone putting themselves out there in this political climate, they take the risk of gaining notoriety, regardless of what side of the fence your on. As for whether he is owed money? No. If the video was released by his fellows, being in light of him, he would have still become infamous, and still just as hated by the majority. and if you were referring to me earlier with "obious bigot toward america". I'm sorry about my nonsensical blabbing, I saw this was a platform for that kind of talk and went for it. But if people here can actually have a conversation without just calling people liberals, fascists etc, then i am actually all for it. Its just i saw all the comments and thought it wouldn't matter if I spoke like your peers. But im sorry if i offended you.

edit on 13-3-2019 by AmericasDoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Cheers for being cool about it

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BakedBlueDevil2
It would have to be and activist Obama judge to throw it out. This poor kids face was all over the national news sites, the Communist News Network (CNN), MS'___' and others. This young man will own these leftist creeps. I hope it breaks Kathy Griffin. No a real judge is going to award this young man a lot of money.

edit on 13-3-2019 by Ansuzrune because: Why is MS'___' changed when I posted my comment!!!

edit on 13-3-2019 by Ansuzrune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Lol for someone that has such a strong opinion you really need to follow the case better. When one of the foremost defamation attorneys takes a case pro bono, you got to believe he feels good about the case.

www.usnews.com... /top-news/articles/2019-03-13/cnn-hit-with-275-million-defamation-suit-by-kentucky-student

BY KEITH COFFMAN

(Reuters) - A Kentucky teenager sued CNN on Tuesday for defamation, saying the cable network falsely conveyed to viewers that he was the "face of an unruly hate mob" confronting a Native American activist at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington in January.

The lawsuit, filed on behalf of Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann in federal court in Kentucky, seeks $275 million in compensatory and punitive damages over the videotaped incident in the nation's capital.

Sandmann and other Covington Catholic students had been in Washington to attend a March for Life anti-abortion rally.

In photos and videos that went viral from the incident, Sandmann is seen standing face to face with Native American activist Nathan Phillips. Sandmann stares and smiles at Phillips while Phillips sings and plays his drum.

The footage sparked outrage on social media, with many viewers saying that Sandmann and a group of fellow students seen gathered around Phillips appeared to be mocking the activist.

The complaint said CNN, a division of Turner Broadcasting System Inc-owned Warner Media LLC, aired four “defamatory” broadcasts and nine online articles falsely accusing Sandmann, 16, and his classmates of “engaging in racist conduct.”

“The CNN accusations are totally and unequivocally false, and CNN would have known them to be untrue had it undertaken any reasonable efforts to verify their accuracy before publication," the complaint said.

A CNN spokeswoman said the network declined to comment.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Oh c'mon America, this is just ridiculous.

Or maybe it's brilliant-maybe I should bump into a broker at wall Street who says 'watch where you are walking you moron' then sue him for 50 million for his derogatory comment.

In my part of the world, you get sued for income lost, you don't get bonkers ambulance chasers suing a fax machine company for their client getting a paper cut.

Only in America.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I would agree however, the way the public is, most of the times the stories like this tend to just end up being footnotes and are often soon forgotten.

I think that the question should be asked, how much damage was done by his own actions after this all came out? He did go on national tv and did an interview, how much damage was that done, when he could have simply stated no comment and just let this issue die down and out of mind?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I wanted to voice it so an american might hear. I went about it all the wrong way and said all the wrong things and I'm sorry.

What people don't understand is America is huge and is basically 50 countries called states with each one different then the others, some you might see as really good and some not so good. When I read about a shooting in lets say Chicago its almost like a person in London reading about a shooting in Moscow and of course the news agencies want each of us to hear as 100s of millions of us go about a very normal and happy life. You read stories of a total chaotic mess in a ever spinning downward place and living here we do not see or experience that and as example if you saw how I lived you might think it is rather nice.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Getting paid for this is no different than getting paid for downloaded movies, songs, no one can prove lost revenue there but they still get paid. . Nick Sandman had a potential to earn in his life , now that may be crippled. I think he is asking for too little money, but I have an ego.

He will be "the MAGA hat Kid" the rest of his life.

Some of you say that is the chance you take, is it? Do you think it would be ok to take pictures of you on the way to work and totally mis represent you> Yes he was at a march, it was over, yes other folks where being offensive so they chanted to drown out the sound. they did NOT chant anything offensive.

This is a perfect example of "perversion is in the eye of the beholder". Nick Sandman did not do anything wrong, people just saw all the wrong he "could" have done, from their personal expirence. A weird reflection on the pysche of some folks.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The BEST part is,

That loser with the bongo drum is gonna spend the rest of his life sitting in his crappy little one -room shack, eating TV dinners, eking out a living from one week to the next.

The kid with the million dollar smile is never going to work a day in his life, buying Lamborghinis and lounging by his pool, laughing at the thought of the loser who got in his face.

It warms the cockles of my heart.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

In my part of the world, you get sued for income lost, you don't get bonkers ambulance chasers suing a fax machine company for their client getting a paper cut.

Is it legal in your part of the world to threaten minors and their families with death threats and physical harm? Is it Ok with you if the schools where you live receive violent threats of harm to it's student body and faculty?

These are serious and dangerous threats. What if one of those idiots making the threats followed thru and kids were killed, would you still equate it to just a paper cut?

You're Ok with all this?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Yes!!! This is awesome!! This totally made my day, and please get rid if Kathy Griffin, I hate her with a passion!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: liliththedestroyer

I don't think anyone likes that hag.
edit on 14-3-2019 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join