It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official..Sandmann Family Sues CNN For 275 Million..Kathy Griffin's Next!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

And further to the point concerning your item #3...

What better a poster child as an "example" than a minor, wearing a MAGA hat, "attacking" an American Indian????

Heh, yeah...no intent there at all! And to have all major US MSM networks framing the face of racism and hatred using his face...no harm done there either...not!

Though I have to say, in all candor; I very seriously doubt this will ever make it to court. CNN will lay down some big time cheddar to keep this one out of court! Now, Kathy Griffin on the other hand might be a different story, but CNN will never let this go to court.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: sdcigarpig

And further to the point concerning your item #3...

What better a poster child as an "example" than a minor, wearing a MAGA hat, "attacking" an American Indian????

Heh, yeah...no intent there at all! And to have all major US MSM networks framing the face of racism and hatred using his face...no harm done there either...not!

Though I have to say, in all candor; I very seriously doubt this will ever make it to court. CNN will lay down some big time cheddar to keep this one out of court! Now, Kathy Griffin on the other hand might be a different story, but CNN will never let this go to court.

I'm not sure about that. CNN, and the brand they project (I believe) think they are in the right.
I think (over lawyers objections) they will go to court.
But will ultimately settle, after arguments are completed. But prior to a verdict.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BakedBlueDevil2

Video footage of a kid literally doing nothing but standing and smiling leads to him being slandered on a national, if not global level.

This may be the worst case case of gross journalistic negligence in history, but you say, "meh".

Your assurance is about as reassuring as a DIY abortion.
edit on 3/13/2019 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BakedBlueDevil2
I can assure you all right now this bull will blow up soon as it gets in front of a judge

You're right.. it will blow the left and CNN up, bigly.

How astute of you to assure us of this inevitable outcome.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I was thinking the same. I don’t think any of them will end up in court, with the exception of Griffin and I’m not 100% certain that she wouldn’t settle also.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I just hope that the people that wanted to punish a child for wearing a MAGA hat get punished and that it hurts worse than a sandpaper glove during a prostate exam.

Whoa,,,what does that feel like????

bally

edit on 13-3-2019 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I hope this kid gets enough money to buy a Caribbean island.....

Agreed - he can tweet a daily smirk to leftists from his sunbed.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Lawyer seems pretty confident that because his client was a minor the threshold of evidence is much lower.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

She doesn't have enough money to settle, just a washed up old hag trying to be relevant again. That's why she says and does what she does...to get attention.

She'd have no choice but to go to court, and just pray she didn't get skewered too badly.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
DBL

edit on 3/13/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I’m all for those entities being held to account. However, don’t these dollar amounts in these lawsuits seem excessive?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
I’m all for those entities being held to account. However, don’t these dollar amounts in these lawsuits seem excessive?

Very excessive and absurd - over a quarter of a billion for having feelings hurt? People don't get 1/1000th of that if wrongly jailed for years.

It's defamation of a minor, which isn't acceptable journalism and deserves some compensation but not this ridiculous figure.
edit on 13-3-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Of course its absurd, these amounts are almost never what the final amount will be. So you go big for the entry number if you want to make a point that smearing and threatening juveniles is not acceptable so when the judge lowers the amount it still hurts.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well libel and slander can be legitimate grounds for a civil suit, and they were harassed and threatened. However, I think that suing for ridiculous amounts such as these actually undermines efforts to hold media to account.
a reply to: bastion

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I actually saw Nick Sandman riding with (what appeared to be) his grandmother in a white mini-van last weekend in Louisville.

The best part was the kid had the same smug grin on his face the whole time I watched him. I suspect its a classic case of resting smugface.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Is it normative to have such high numbers as these in initiating a civil suit?
a reply to: Irishhaf

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is what our country has come to... exaggerating and blowing up a story about kids wearing maga hats....

Then that kids family suing in retaliation..

CNN deserves this, I'm tired of seeing this sh!t network at airports.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Haha.. maybe that's a symptom of growing up rich..

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

To some degree yes, this is an unusual case in my opinion, last time I saw a kid slandered so much in the national news would probably be the Jon benet ramsey murder. This lawyer got the brother who was convicted in the press something like 750 million, principle is the same there is no way to accurately gauge how much this effect his life so you go super sized big.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Wayfarer

Haha.. maybe that's a symptom of growing up rich..

It was surreal. I was picking my wife up from work and while I was waiting for her to come out to the car I watched Nick sit in the van for like 5 minutes while his grandmother went into a nearby shop, and he spent the entire time staring straight ahead (at nothing discernible) with that same smug grin that's been pictured on the news.

I was more weirded out that he didn't check/play with his phone or mess with the radio or really do anything else to differentiate himself from a mannequin.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join