It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official..Sandmann Family Sues CNN For 275 Million..Kathy Griffin's Next!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Just saw the video clip confirming this lawsuit on The Story with Martha MacCallum on Fox Nation. You can check out the video clip (2nd in line under Latest Videos) in the link below:
www.foxnews.com...

Co-counsel for Nick Sandmann, Todd McMurtry, also told Martha that he's going after HBO for the conduct of Bill Mahar and obnoxious, loser comic, Kathy Griffin. What's the current line on Griffin saving face with a retraction?

The lawsuit, which was filed just after 3 p.m. in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, claims that CNN has "elevated false, heinous accusations of racist conduct" against Sandmann and failed to adhere to "well-established journalistic standards and ethics."

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 3/12/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I hope this kid gets enough money to buy a Caribbean island.....

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Light up every one of those Leftist scumbags. Take everything they own.

Make an example of every last one of these maggots.

+26 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I feel sorry for whatever judge has to hear the case against kathy.

She has to be one of the most obnoxious people(visually and audibly), I don't know if I would be able to put up with that.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Good kid, let's get this show on the road.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

CNN hasn’t adhered to “well established journalistic standards or ethics” for decades.
At least not since they have had their lips firmly planted on Democrat’s asses.

+26 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Ok I'm definitely buying a MAGA hat now.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Something's wrong, shut the light
Heavy thoughts tonight
And they aren't of Snow White

Dreams of war, dreams of liars
Dreams of dragon's fire
And of things that will bite, Yeah!

a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I can assure you all right now this bull will blow up soon as it gets in front of a judge

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I hope the kid and the other kids get a lot out of this lawsuit, CNN and other Leftist news media outlets went to far and went with the lies.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BakedBlueDevil2
I can assure you all right now this bull will blow up soon as it gets in front of a judge

Ok , where is your "proof" as you sound fairly dang certain

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I hope this kid gets enough money to buy a Caribbean island.....

Me , I would like this young man to get enough to do a buyout of CNN
Then , turn it into a news agency
Oh , wait , no
CNN is facing multiple lawsuits for racial discrimination , sexual harassment , and others right here in their HQ in Atlanta.
You wont see that on the news...

edit on 3/12/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BakedBlueDevil2

Is it because CNN can bribe the judge with money?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Did the attorney guarantee that he will NOT "settle" out of court with CNN? There was concern last week that he might do that. I want to see domestic terrorist CNN found guilty in a court of law.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I hope the Kathy Griffen lawsuit documents are delivered to her in a box that contains a severed fish head.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This young man is on the right side of the law, and he is doing his part to Make America Great Again.
Get -em Kiddo!

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Watching a bit, the following can be stated:

This is going to be an interesting case and one that will have consequence if the person wins.

When bringing up a defamation of character claim in court there are three things that are going to have to be proven, any failure on any will result in a losing of the case:
1) What was said or written against the person was false.
2) The person who wrote or spoke the falsehoods against you did it with the intention of doing harm.
3) The person must prove that harm actually occurred.

So this kid is going to have to prove that there was actual harm done to him, usually in the way of either a ruining of a business, or loss of money.

The far hardest part is that they will also have to show in court that the intention was to ruin this child life, in the reporting of the news.

And there will be back and forth, and finally a judge will have to rule.

The question is what if the kid loses then what?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I respectfully disagree. All that Sandmann's attorneys have to prove, is that their client's reputation was ruined by the media's false and misleading statements. The media did in fact portray this kid as a racist, which would in fact, be detrimental to this kid's future. Many on the Left still believe that Sandmann was in the wrong, despite the video evidence. Also, don't forget, that many Hollyweird celebrities, including Kathy Griffin, encouraged a twitter mob to dox Sandmann, which put him in real danger. Sandmann and his family received death threats, as well as other students and families, who also received threats and harassment thanks to the bogus media claims, as well as hurtful statements made by a few celebrities, like Griffin.

edit on 3/13/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I could write a really long response to this, but it's late, so I'll keep it short.

Remember, civil law is different than criminal law in that it only requires a preponderance of evidence, not proof beyond a reasonable doubt (...remember OJ?). So, to this end, your points #1 and #2 are pretty much a slam dunk.
1. There's no question the statements by CNN were false.
2. The "person" (network in this case) was clearly bent on drawing a connection between a child, MAGA (i.e. Trump) and anti-abortion positions. They wanted to make an example of him as the pinnacle of their hatred of the right. In essense...'all Trump supporters are racists, and see, here's even a child who has been indoctrinated into this racism, all in support of right wing anti-abortion ideology. Sandman, like Orangeman = bad!'

Emotional distress and suffering is difficult to disprove, and with the weight of items #1 and #2 above there is a preponderance of evidence which will more than likely sway an unbiased jury to find for your point #3. The larger questions are...

1. Can they find a truly unbiased jury, and...
2. What will the jury award for damages.
edit on 3/13/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I just hope that the people that wanted to punish a child for wearing a MAGA hat get punished and that it hurts worse than a sandpaper glove during a prostate exam.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join