It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone Bills should have a Cap

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Well, it's not really an issue for me now. Since I buy my phones outright and use prepaid and my broadband is obviously unlimited, as is standard these days.

It was like 10 years ago that I got stung with that $1500 phone bill for going a gig over my limit.. And at the time, it was blood from a rock anyway. So truth be told, whether I was just blaming others for my own mistakes or not, is kinda irrelevant. The bill was never going to get paid either way.

Anyway... I just think these companies have a moral obligation to inform people via text (or whatever) if they're about to go over their data limit and what they'll be charged, it just seems like a predatory business practice not to.

I mean damn, they always fire me off a text on my prepaid service to inform me I'm down to 500mg and a friendly reminder to "top up soon".

Just seems suspiciously convenient if some companies still aren't sending warning texts these days to customers about exceeding their limit, when it works to their advantage.

edit on 17-3-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It seems that too many people don't bother to look around for cheaper plans.
I have H2O a sub carrier of ATT.
$27/mo prepaid with credit card.
No additional taxes or fees.
I get unlimited talk/text and 3Gb of data.
No I can't just walk into an ATT store and say "fix it".
But all the main line stores do is replace your phone and reset the 2 year counter.
I'de rather get on Amazon and buy my own phone anyway.

But hey you guys wanted full service so pay up!

I recently found out that Kroger's has their own ATT off shoot for $25.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join