It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge to allow cameras at next court hearing on...Jussie Smollett's criminal charges

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

just my opinion - but this is the prelude to a fiasco

what sane reason is there for such a action ?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

What do you not get that Smollett blatantly lied about the attack?

Prosecutors Lay Out How Jussie Smollett Allegedly Planned His Own Attack

www.vulture.com...

Smollett described being punched while his attackers yelled homophobic and racist slurs. He told police there was a camera that had captured the attack on the street and described the primary attacker as “masked,” but that he could see the area around his eyes was white-skinned. He also told police he’d received an anonymous hate call on January 26 in which the caller used a homophobic slur.

Just in case you missed it, Smollett specifically said:

described the primary attacker as “masked”, but that he could see the area around his eyes was white-skinned.

How did Smollett confuse the two brothers that he know as being white skinned? Not recognize their voices?
edit on 13-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed

edit on 13-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed quote

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Personally, I think this is Smollett himself succumbing to the lure of the bright lights and cameras along with the driving need to feed his ego.

Yep. There are people in the world who could care less how many lies they get caught in, so long as they get attention in the process. He also realizes that there are tons of idiots out there who will hang onto his every lie as the gospel truth and elevate him as some sort of hero fighting a war for black and gay lives - since, you know, they're like literally being hunted down and executed in the streets by right-wing Trump-approved death squads.
edit on 3/13/2019 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Rewey

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Sounds like jussie had reservations about reporting this but was talked into it givin that he did not automatically report it and his manager likely did overhear the attack since he showed up so quick.

So why did Jussie leave the 'noose' on? Why did he walk all the way home with it around his neck, and leave it on for nearly an hour while he ate his Subway if he wasn't going to report it?

You’re asking those questions of somebody who has repeatedly presented opinions as incontestable fact, so it’s pretty pointless. Another good question would be “why are we pretending that Gatson must have overheard the attack and that’s why he showed up so quickly when the reality is, according to Gatson himself, he was already at the apartment and waiting for Smollett to return from subway?”

And that’s not even getting into the tiny detail that Gatson isn’t Smollett’s manager, and Smollett wasn’t on the phone with Gatson at the time of the “attack.”

“I went to the Subway, got my order,” Smollett continued. “During that time I texted my manager, thinking that he was still in Australia… I said, ‘Call me when you can.’ He called me immediately and while he was on the phone, I heard as I was crossing the intersection, ‘Empire!’ And I don’t answer to Empire, my name ain’t Empire.

You just claimed he was not on the phone with the guy then you posted a link showing he was on the phone with the guy all while attacking myself.

Nice work there? Do you work for cpd cause i am seeing similarities.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Link to the proffer for Smollett’s bond hearing.

www.documentcloud.org...

Can you cite any phone records that shows Smollett was on the phone during the incident.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

www.vulture.com...

Smollett described being punched while his attackers yelled homophobic and racist slurs. He told police there was a camera that had captured the attack on the street and described the primary attacker as “masked,” but that he could see the area around his eyes was white-skinned. He also told police he’d received an anonymous hate call on January 26 in which the caller used a homophobic slur.

described the primary attacker as “masked”, but that he could see the area around his eyes was white-skinned.

How did Smollett confuse the two brothers that he know as being white skinned? Not recognize their voices?

It is something that has happened before. Magicians use similar techniques to trick ones mind. You would have to be empathetic and try to understand the amount of programming that has been done by our society.

Take a person that has been programmed to believe that whites are out to get the blacks. Mask the identities of the attackers. Have one of them yell stuff that he associates with a white person and you get a white attacker.

Very often people see what they want to see.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

www.vulture.com...

It is something that has happened before. Magicians use similar techniques to trick ones mind. You would have to be empathetic and try to understand the amount of programming that has been done by our society.

Take a person that has been programmed to believe that whites are out to get the blacks. Mask the identities of the attackers. Have one of them yell stuff that he associates with a white person and you get a white attacker.

Very often people see what they want to see.

Wtf.

That has nothing to do with Smollett knew his supposed attackers and blatantly lied about their skin color.

edit on 13-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Made more specific.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Smollett's plan to give himself publicity worked but not in the way he expected. Bye Jussie. You'll have a big part in the Federal Prison Follies and Review because of your selfishness. They don't pay as well as "Empire" but the audience won't walk out.

Harris jumped on this convenient 'hate crime' to push her bill and there are now questions about whether she or Booker knew of the plot before it happened.

It may come out in the trial, if there is one. Given the evidence against the criminal mastermind, he'll probably cut a deal and that would save Harris and Booker any embarrssment, should they be directly involved.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Link to the proffer for Smollett’s bond hearing.

www.documentcloud.org...

Can you cite any phone records that shows Smollett was on the phone during the incident.

Go ahead and link to whatever you want.

It has been linked in other threads that the police have jussies phone records from the phone company via warrants. Also he provided them with those records from his phone before the brothers and the cpd set him up. On top of that the person he was on the phone with has testified he heard the attack and that testimony was to the police and they have not charged the man with lying so it is safe to assume he was indeed on the phone at the time.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Then please cite and quote the phone records that Smollett was on the phone during the supposed attack.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

He did not lie.

The two were hiding their identities and only one of them spoke.

People can be conditioned to see and believe what they want to see.

Kinda like your body language experts chiming in only after the police told them jussie was lying.

They viewed the interview conditioned to believe jussie was guilty.

On top of that their assessment if severely flawed.

Moving eyes from right to left does not indicate deception.

Shrugging shoulders does not indicate deception.

Crying at the end does not indicate deception.

I notice that many times when people lie they look up to pull info from the air and when they recall they often look down to pull info from a filing cabinet. Looking to the right or left usually does not tell much. People when lying usually are forcing themselves to be still. That is just a couple points and there is much more but such does not really say much either way.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

He lied. Smollett specifically said he saw white skin around the eyes.

One small sentence kills the credibility of your long ranting post.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Then please cite and quote the phone records that Smollett was on the phone during the supposed attack.

I do not have jussies phone records. The police do.

Links have already been posted in this thread by shamrock6 that show they were on the phone at the time. That is on page 1.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

He lied. Smollett specifically said he saw white skin around the eyes.

One small sentence kills the credibility of your long ranting post.

You should contact the da with your astute break in the case.

Your point that jussie thought he seen white eyelids does not equate guilt.

Perhaps he did see white eyelids?

Very often what people think they see and what they actually see are two different things.

I wonder if you have ever heard that during events that a large number of people see the reports are often very far apart and often is no valid indication of the truth. The vegas massacre comes to mind. Look how many people saw one thing and others saw something very different.

Deception can most often play tricks with peoples minds and often if someone is expecting to see something then they manage to see just that even though they really did not.

This site is often filled with such stories of people seeing or thinking they seen something that others claim can not be. It is the bread and butter of ATS.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I do not have jussies phone records. The police do.

Links have already been posted in this thread by shamrock6 that show they were on the phone at the time. That is on page 1.

What phone records are cited in that posT. You just made another post that is not true.

edit on 13-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

To be fair, Fox has an article that says Smollett’s manager claims they were on the phone and he heard part of it. But there’s no direct quote from the manager.

Also to be fair, the initial claim in this thread was that Smollett was on the phone with the person who called the police for him. He wasn’t.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

And none of that really matters.

All that matters is: did Jussie Smollett knowingly file a false police report?

There will be a trial. 12 people (plus a few alternates) will listen to both arguments. They will make up their own mind without either of us having a say, based on evidence that we don't see yet but which will come out in court. They will then decide if Jussie Smollett is guilty or not.

That's how it works. Hopefully the trial judge will see fit to allow the cameras to roll and you can see it first hand.

During that trial, the defense will try to paint Jussie Smollett as a scared, confused, persecuted man. The prosecutor will try to show he was manipulative and selfish enough to stage the event. The standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt"... which means there must be no reasonable doubt in the jurors' minds that Jussie Smollett is guilty in order to convict him.

Cook County has invested a lot of time and energy into this case. They will have egg on their faces if they lose. You can bet your bottom dollar they will be pulling out all the stops. They already have decided they have sufficient evidence to overcome that reasonable doubt, and from what I know of the case, I think they may be right. Just from what I have seen and heard so far, there is no reasonable doubt in my mind that Smollett staged this attack and filed a false police report.
  • He claimed the attackers were white strangers, and they have a confession from two black acquaintances that they staged the attack at Smollett's request.
  • He wore the noose on the way home. What person wears a noose? Someone looking for attention.
  • He refused to turn over his phone to verify the call to his manager.
  • He paid the brothers $3500 (I think) via personal check.
  • The brothers are on video buying a rope and a red cap as was used in the supposed attack.
  • The brothers are on video meeting with Smollett and performing the attack.
  • The brothers confessed to staging the attack.
  • The injuries were quite minor in a city that has been identified with the warring in Iraq by the term "Chi-raq."
  • He has made references to lynchings in the recent past.
  • Chicago is a very progressive town, the hometown of Barack Obama, and is most certainly not "MAGA country." I would worry if I chose to say "This is MAGA country" anywhere near Chicago; people have been shot there very recently for a lot less.
Now you can come on here and cry about poor Jussie all you want... it matters not one bit unless you ave received a notice from Cook County to report for jury duty. If you did receive that notice, someone from the DA's office is probably already reading your posts and you just ensured that it still wouldn't matter because your name will be one of the first striken as prejudicial.

So let's just see what happens, OK?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

How about nope!

If you would not have just presented opinion as fact then maybe i could let it rest but you come in and express a bit of neutrality in the beginning of the post then you spin into spouting lies and misrepresentations and then ask for me to just wait till the court has the last word. Get your facts straight before asking opposing opinions to silence themselves.

I predict the judge will throw this mess out before it gets started because there is no substance behind the claims and the other two are getting away seemingly free of charge right now even though they hold the only proven guilt by admittance in this case and their testimony should not have absolved them completely.

Work on your synopsis of the facts before trying to silence people.

Fail

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

To be fair, Fox has an article that says Smollett’s manager claims they were on the phone and he heard part of it. But there’s no direct quote from the manager.

Also to be fair, the initial claim in this thread was that Smollett was on the phone with the person who called the police for him. He wasn’t.

Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific. I was wanting to see the official call logs with call times to see if the time stamps match the witness accounts of when calls were placed.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Then you admit that Smollet’s account cannot be trusted, and does not match collected evidence. And Smollett’s accounts of when phone calls were placed does not match time stamps of calls on the phone records.
edit on 13-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join