It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the left devours their own - Bye Alyssa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

Alyssa tweeted:
I’m trans. I’m a person of color. I’m an immigrant. I’m a lesbian. I’m a gay man. I’m the disabled.
I’m everything. And so are you, Kirk.

The criticism was swift, as people pointed out that Milano is a straight, cisgender, able-bodied white woman who hasn’t had the same experiences as people with different backgrounds. One person pointed out that her tweet reflected the “I don’t see color” approach, which they called “oppression and erasure.”

Does it get any more bizarre than this? They ate her alive.
The weird thing, I actually got what she was saying, apparently the left did not.
Apparently a lot of people on the left aren't very abstract in their thinking as they like to believe.

She actually tweeted:

Nuance is important and literal interpretation is not always intended.

Sorry but this entire thing just cracks me up!

BTW a little off topic but is Alyssa Milano considered white?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Not sure, but I do consider her H.O.T.

Always have...

Why do I always have a thing for the crazy/fanatical ones?

She's no Marissa Tomei, though...
edit on 12/3/19 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The Leftist Hollywood idiot forgot to claim she was also Native American.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

Always have...

Bet you didn't know she was a gay man!!

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

Always have...

Bet you didn't know she was a gay man!!

After a couple vodkas, who would care! Not this guy!!

Don't ask, don't tell...
edit on 12/3/19 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
She's so in touch with the struggles of the little people.
Living in a several million dollar mansion gives you the real feel for the problems of the downtrodden.

Shut up and entertain us.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
She must have not understood her words 😎

Not to mention her medication has expired 😎

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Yes. Why wouldn't she be?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

She is Italian, and I didn't know if people consider that white or ethnic these days?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Color-blindness--in the sociological sense--is now considered racist by the progressive mindset. Which totally contradicts MLK. And seemingly contradicts what we all should be striving for as a society.

The cognitive dissonance of these fools is staggering. Just walk away.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

She is Italian, and I didn't know if people consider that white or ethnic these days?

No, they count. Italians are part of the group that's only allowed to shame their own race and not speak about race otherwise.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I honestly cannot understand their thinking... whether this or the Trans Activism or whatever extreme left group is alienating their allies -- are they freaking trying to hand Trump 2020 on a silver platter???

Battle lines are being drawn. I'm just not understanding their end game yet...

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
She's so in touch with the struggles of the little people.
Living in a several million dollar mansion gives you the real feel for the problems of the downtrodden.

Shut up and entertain us.

But, but... I don't get it... She said HORRIBLE things about Trump and his supporters, doesn't that mean she is good?

Oh, wait, I see what she did now... She attempted to promote unity. How are people gonna be motivated to "form a crowd, push back, and let the other side know they arent welcome anywhere anymore" if they feel a sense of unity?

Someone should tell her "and you're also a middle aged straight white Christian married cisgendered man with a family".
edit on 3/12/2019 by 3n19m470 because: inserted 1 (one) logical fallacy and 2 (two) typos. yes and and 2 small fries with a chocolate no strawberry milkshake yeah strawberry please ok that'll be $8.32 at the first window

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I doubt Milano could even make a sammich right.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Color-blindness--in the sociological sense--is now considered racist by the progressive mindset. Which totally contradicts MLK. And seemingly contradicts what we all should be striving for as a society.

The cognitive dissonance of these fools is staggering. Just walk away.

I think the left has rejected MLK.
IIRC Sat Night Live did a skit in which they mocked him (to make Obama look good), which would have been unimaginable a few years ago.
no more judging by content of character instead of color of skin.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I doubt Milano could even make a sammich right.

I bet you're right... she'd insist on wearing -- gasp! -- SHOES!!!

Better stay far far away from this one, Neo. Be safe.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Something was bugging me about this, and I finally remembered: Alyssa went rogue not to long ago.

Alyssa Milano refuses to speak at Women's March events unless co-chairs step down

Women's March co-organizers Linda Sarsour and Tamika Mallory have been scrutinised for their association with Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan

Ms Milano, who gained national attention for her participation in the #MeToo movement, said she is disappointed in how Women’s March leadership have been silent in Mr Farrakhan’s long history of espousing antisemitic remarks.

“Any time that there is any bigotry or anti-Semitism in that respect, it needs to be called out and addressed,” she added. “I’m disappointed in the leadership of the Women’s March that they haven’t done it adequately.”

Ms Milano is referring to Ms Sarsour, a Palestinian-American Muslim activist, and Ms Mallory, an advocate for gun control and #BlackLivesMatter, who were scrutinised earlier this year for their ties to the NOI Leader.

Could Milano have a target on her back now?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Lol, she sanely recognizes the evil of NOI, therefore she "went rogue". That's just...perfect. That perfectly explains the thought processes going on here. Thank you.
edit on 3/12/2019 by 3n19m470 because: sanely not safely

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Perhaps Alyssa Milano's statement about literal vs figurative speech should resonate in her mind regarding President Trump and some of his statements that were clearly figurative (even said in jest) that the left too literally and screamed bloody murder about?

Nah....that would require intelligence and self-respect.

N/M

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: Boadicea

Lol, she safely recognizes the evil of NOI, therefore she "went rogue".

Well... you're close... kinda sorta. There's actually much more to it. She was calling out the anti-semitism of Farrakhan specifically, as opposed to the entire Nation of Islam, and simultaneously calling out the associations and support of the Women's March organizers for Farrakhan. She not only called them out for it, she refused to endorse, participate or support in any way the Women's March as a result... thus, no doubt, influencing overall participation and social/political/media impact. Especially because ideologically speaking, and purportedly representing issues and causes near and dear to her heart, Milano should have been a strong ally.

So, yes, she went rogue. She deviated from their narrative.

That's just...perfect. That perfectly explains the thought processes going on here. Thank you.

You're welcome. But I really don't expect you to get it. I wrote that for the benefit of others who are actually interested in reading and hearing new thoughts and information and perspectives.

I wouldn't try to disabuse YOU of your notions

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join