It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lower Smoking Rates Lead to Fewer UFO Reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It's very hard to tell whether or not there have been fewer UFO good reports these days, or whether the good ones are just drowned out in the noisy static of all the bad or uninteresting ones. And other than MUFON or a few dubious websites (present company excluded) there really aren't that many good places to report them.

But I was reading some paranormal witness reports recently, and when it comes to UFO sightings it seems like half of them involve somebody going out for a smoke and seeing something weird. Smokers have a reason to physically go out of their houses at night. They're not indoors watching TV when the strange stuff starts happening in their back yards or fields.

Anyway, I wonder if the decrease in smoking rates has also led to a decline in UFO reports because fewer people going outside at night. Or course, I don't have any statistics that show real figures, and there's always the chance that people vaping are making up for the loss of good old fashioned cigarette smokers. In that case, I guess my hypothesis would be wrong.

Just pondering in Skunk Works mode.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Excellent point nd interesting observation. I totally agree with you about the large amount of UFO stories that start with “I went outside for a smoke”.

With regards to smoking versus vaping, I have had periods in my life of doing one or the other. You can vape indoors with no residual smell. Smoking cigs indoors is downright disgusting and the smell can linger for many days. When I’m vaping and the weather isn’t so great — I stay indoors and do it. I never stay indoors to smoke, even if the weather is terrible.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Tobacco has B-Carbolines in it. This is a psychotropic chemistry that increases perception of things, but too much nicotine can overload the acetylcholine receptors causing dumbing down instead of increasing intellect like a little nicotine does.. So a little tobacco will make a person more aware. Now, the nicotine inhaler dodads don.t contain any B-Carbolines.

A person smoking a lot of tobacco may see a lot of things that are not really there because of the excessive amount of B-carbolines. en.wikipedia.org... Doing OJ while smoking might make you a little high I suppose, the highest levels of the Carboline are in the orange peel and leaf. www.researchgate.net... l_Scavengers

Makes me kind of wonder why the blind cat started eating the orange leaves, he went wild and got bloody diahrea from orange leafs. We had to hide the citrus trees from the cat.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Had to read the OP to find out what "smoking rates" you were talking about.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I once went outside to put out some rubbish at 05:45 on a cold, February morning, only to be confronted by a row of three equidistant lights, hovering parallel to the rooftop of a building 200 yards to the right of my back garden. It was freezing cold, I went back inside for my coat and bag and out to work less than five minutes later. The lights were gone.

I was told by some apparent "experts" on here that it was Orion's belt and they had faded with the sunrise...despite the lights never having been there before [and since] and sunrise being over two hours away.

Still, I must have smoked too much, even though I have never touched a cigarette in my ife.

new topics

top topics

join