It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was Germany and Japan stopped from doing evil but not America?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ricardo1621

A horrible out of context "anti-American" moment 😎

Sounds like something a 3rd Grade show and tell session would produce 😎

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
1 major reason is that when the colonial powers (Britain and by extension America, France, Holland, Portugal etc etc) we’re doing their thing back in the day genocide and stealing territory through warfare was still new and trendy, all the cool kids were doing it.

By the time the Germans and Japanese got in the game it was a bit last century and everyone was kinda over it.

so really it just all came down to bad timing

While I dismiss the OPs preminse out of hand, Brit colonialism lasted well into the 20th century.

The certainly didn't give up their colonial holdings by choice, or out of some altruistic belief. After the 2nd WW, they no longer possessed the manpower, nor the resources required to maintain control.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
By the time the Germans and Japanese got in the game it was a bit last century and everyone was kinda over it.

so really it just all came down to bad timing

But America still does it though and still the world hasn't done anything to stop them?

I thought evil triumphs when people fail to act?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
america was stopped too... ask admiral bryd

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Here's why:

Many Americans died in WWII fighting people with a certain mindset about who does the economy serve. Well, we lost the war.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Isn't it obvious the one with the most money wins and it appears we are losing that stature,these countrys that we are indebted to will want there gold once the petro dollar falls,doesn't bode well for the future

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
China destroyed the Roman empire because of the Italians insatiable desire for expensive Chinese silk and the trade imbalance it created.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ricardo1621
Germany during WW2:

Invaded countries,
Bombed countries,
Committed genocide against the Jews,
Colonized countries,
Murdered millions of people

And Japan pretty much did the same.

America over the years:

Invaded countries,
Bombed countries,
Committed genocide against the Natives Americans,
Colonized countries,

Timeline of United States military operations

If you've ever played the game Risk you realize if you extend your forces to far you lose all your power. Right now American adventurism is destroying our economy.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
China destroyed the Roman empire because of the Italians insatiable desire for expensive Chinese silk and the trade imbalance it created.

It may have been a contributing factor, but not one of the major ones.

edit on 3122019 by Mach2 because: Bad url

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Every country has committed some kind of genocide at some point in its existence. Twenty-nine countries are guilty of it in the 20th Century alone.

The same could be said about invasions, nearly every country has invade another at some point during it's history. In 2012 it was determined by a group of experts that the British have invaded almost ninety per cent of the countries around the globe. Only twenty-two countries of the almost two-hundred in the world have never experienced an invasion by the British.

Australia, Canada, Bahrain, France, Iran, Iraq, Germany, Japan, India, Vietnam, Russia, China, UK, Israel, plus . . . have dropped bombs on other countries since 1945, some within the past few years.

Belgium: 1865-1909 - killed 15,000,000 people.
Mongols: 1206 –1227: killed 40,000,000 people.
USSR: 1917–1987 - killed 61,910,000 people
China: 1949–1987 - killed 76,702,000 people.
The British Empire during domination killed probably north of 100,000,000 people.

Colonization you say? Not counting US, Germany or Japan since they have already been mentioned, that leaves: Britain, France, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Denmark and Sweden who are guilty of colonization in modern history.

Since you want to be the harbinger of justice, I ask you which countries do we start with? By which criteria is that determined? Is there a Statute of Limitations?

Where does it end and who are you to say so?

You are very short sighted. As much as you may despise America it's destruction would have catastrophic implications for the rest of the world financially and military. The US is the central economy to the whole world meaning the world financial system would crash. And don't get me started on the major geopolitical instability... If America was destroyed within' three days you'd be in tears begging for it back.
edit on 12-3-2019 by StockMarketSteve because: spelling error

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: StockMarketSteve

You make some great points in your post. But I think American adventurism has gone too far in recent years. The economy no longer serves the citizen. The citizen serves the economy. Our government no longer serves the interests of the many but is solely focused on the interests of the few. This is not the same place it was when I grew up in the 1970s.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." Benito Mussolini

Corporations ARE the government. Profit before liberty.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Germany during WW2:

Invaded countries,
Bombed countries,
Committed genocide against the Jews,
Colonized countries,

And Japan pretty much did the same.

America over the years:

Invaded countries,
Bombed countries,
Committed genocide against the Natives Americans,
Colonized countries,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But how come America is able to get away with it but Germany and Japan didn't?

Is the world really that afraid? Is the US really that powerful? If the world destroyed America, would that really create more problems than solve it?

Because when we bomb people, it's because of people like WWII Germany and Japan. If we hadn't done what we did to Native Americans, America wouldn't be what it is, Hitler's reign of terror would have continued and whoever took his place would have kept it going, as well as Japan's, and you probably wouldn't be posting on here right now.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

To the victor, goes the spoils of war.

So, it's okay for them to do evil just because they won?

Well, here's the thing... We're not doing evil like you say we're doing.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The majority of Americans don't care about that because if they did then they would be outraged about working between 3 to 5 months out of the year to pay the US government. The average American is working for the IRS . . .

The only true freedom is financial freedom, otherwise you're a slave and Uncle Sam owns you.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: StockMarketSteve

Every country has committed some kind of genocide at some point in its existence.

If you feel like you want to punish those countries, feel free but I am not talking about those countries, I am talking about the US.

This is a similar fallacy to the "hey if you're going to punish me, punish them as well since they've committed the same crimes" used by other sites.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

You make some great points in your post. But I think American adventurism has gone too far in recent years. The economy no longer serves the citizen. The citizen serves the economy. Our government no longer serves the interests of the many but is solely focused on the interests of the few. This is not the same place it was when I grew up in the 1970s.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." Benito Mussolini

Okay..... so what are you doing about it?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: StockMarketSteve
a reply to: dfnj2015

The majority of Americans don't care about that.....

That is why I am not asking them but the world.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
america was stopped too... ask admiral bryd

That's just one person..... I'm asking the world to stop it, by force if necessary.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It's not like it was in the 80's when I grew up either. I really hate the fact that everything we buy today is built to break. I can't stand the fact that retailers would rather buy quantity over quality. Just a quick example, I can't tell you how many times my dad ran over one of my action figures in the 80's when I'd left one behind his car. Besides some scarring in the plastic from the weight of the car pushing it into the pebbles in our driveway, the toy was perfectly fine. Today, if I step on one my kid's action figures, an arm or leg is breaking off, or the chest is caving in. From electronics to automobiles, nothing is built to last anymore.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Because Indiana Jones got the Ark of the Covenant.

Read your history!

SCIENCE!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join