It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenland: Proof Of Huge Solar Storm 660BC - Worse Than Carrington Event.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Scientists studying ice nearly half a kilometre beneath the surface found a band of radioactive elements unleashed by a storm that struck the planet in 660BC.

It was at least 10 times more powerful than any recorded by instruments set up to detect such events in the past 70 years, and as strong as the most intense known solar storm, which hit Earth in AD775.

worst-case scenarios used in risk planning for serious space weather events underestimate how powerful solar storms can be
Radioactive particles from huge solar storm found in Greenland

An extreme form of solar storm, known as a solar proton event (SPE), struck our planet 2,679 years ago,

It’s now the third massive SPE known to scientists, the others occurring 1,245 and 1,025 years ago. This latest discovery means solar storms of this variety are likely happening more frequently than we thought
Traces of Giant, 2,700-Year-Old Solar Storm Detected in Greenland Ice

gigantic solar storm hit Earth about 2,600 years ago, one about 10 times stronger than any solar storm recorded in the modern day, a new study finds.

These findings suggest that such explosions recur regularly in Earth's history, and could wreak havoc if they were to hit now, given how dependent the world has become on electricity.

the world has become far more dependent on electricity since the Carrington Event, and if a similarly powerful geomagnetic storm were to hit now, power outages might last weeks, months or even years as utilities struggle to replace key parts of power grids,

Ice Samples Reveal a Massive Sun Storm Hit Earth in Ancient Times...And It Could Happen Again

I see this as another confirmation of the Greenland Disclosure Pattern - see threads in my signature for more on that.
edit on 12-3-2019 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   
From your second link:

It’s now the third massive SPE known to scientists, the others occurring 1,245 and 1,025 years ago. This latest discovery means solar storms of this variety are likely happening more frequently than we thought—perhaps once every 1,000 years—but more data is required to create more reliable estimates.

There is a newish theory that the sun is very capable of producing what they are calling a mini nova ever so often because the Novas have been observed in other stars and they appear cyclic..

There is also an increase in cosmic rays due to the Earth's magnetic field weakening according to a graph (space weather archive.com) I saw tracing and measuring from 2015 until 2019..

Let us hope a big solar event will miss us until the Earth's magnetic field gets sorted out.. But I do not always feel lucky !!

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

I don't see how you can take a solar flare as confirmation of anything other than a solar flare.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

If you concentrate on a single dot you obviously won't be able to see a pattern. Please read at least this post and also this one. If after reading these you still think there is nothing to see that's fine but if you come to the conclusion that there may be something to it after all give also a look to this post in which I explain why I think this is building up towards an event in the December 2020 to June 2021 timeframe.

ETA: Since I posted this in one of the Science and Technology forums (Fragile Earth) it would be great if comments would concentrate on the science aspects of this news item. Comments on the Greenland Disclosure Pattern should go into the following three threads which I all put in Skunk Works for a reason...

Are We Being Prepared For A Huge Disclosure Event?

The Greenland Disclosure Pattern Analysed - Part 1 - A Fountain Of Youth And The Hollow Earth

The Greenland Disclosure Pattern Analysed - Part 2 - Black Sun Over Thule
edit on 12-3-2019 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

What is really sad about this is that they knew all of this before I was born and I'm an old man,hardly ground breaking,wonder why they have been building underground since the 50's?,they are prepared we evidently are not,we at this time had 3 solar flares,and as far as being a theory,a compulation of facts is a reality,it is obvious that some can't distinguish the truth from a pipe dream they have been promised

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
From your second link:

There is a newish theory that the sun is very capable of producing what they are calling a mini nova ever so often because the Novas have been observed in other stars and they appear cyclic..

Yeah, i'm on board with that theory of recurring micro-novas...next one due in 2046 or 27 years from now~Diehold Foundation~

Let us hope a big solar event will miss us until the Earth's magnetic field gets sorted out.. But I do not always feel lucky !!

Earth has been lucky, the last dozen years our Sun has thrown off dozens of M & X Class Flares that missed hitting Earth head on...Any one of those XXX class flares could have fried the Hemisphere facing the Sun when the massive CME smashed into the weakened magnetosphere

~timing is everything~

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I saw this posted last night and almost made a thread myself.

This is from the actual study your article is based on:

This study provides evidence of an enormous solar storm around 2,610 B.P. It is only the third such event reliably documented and is comparable with the strongest event detected at AD 774/775. The event of 2,610 years B.P. stands out because of its particular signature in the radionuclide data [i.e., carbon-14 (14C) data alone does not allow for an unequivocal detection of the event]. It illustrates that present efforts to find such events based solely on 14C data likely lead to an underestimated number of such potentially devastating events for our society. In addition to 14C data, high-resolution records of beryllium-10 and chlorine-36 are crucial for reliable estimates of the occurrence rate and the properties of past solar proton events.

Multiradionuclide evidence for an extreme solar proton event around 2,610 B.P. (∼660 BC)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Fear not, the dark, my friend.
And let the feast begin.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Somehow I think that when it all gets in the open (Disclosure) it results in a reset of civilization. H umans don't control disclosure , innerearth does. So Maybe what is unfolding here is the end of this civilization cyclus ?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Ummm I can see all 12 dots does that make me weird ?? i can use one eye or the other but when i use both i see two of everything so not X but =

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The only reason. I can't see all 12 at once is because a watermark is over one. Lame.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

What is really sad about this is that they knew all of this before I was born and I'm an old man,hardly ground breaking,wonder why they have been building underground since the 50's?,they are prepared we evidently are not,we at this time had 3 solar flares,and as far as being a theory,a compulation of facts is a reality,it is obvious that some can't distinguish the truth from a pipe dream they have been promised

Yes and what caused these storms the reason they give would no cause the changes in weather and patterns we are seeing on other planets in our system. How about a massive object that passes by periodically there surely are some if not a dwarf star sister to our sun.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Pretty much! All the cycles in cycles, rotation, orbit, eccentricity, etc.
I think it boils down to chance. Really.

I think it was around 1998, I was 12, I remember the satellite TV provider had an announcement apologising for inconvenience in satellite connection due to energy from the sun. Maybe that might have been strong enough we're it more earth directed that they would not have been able to send that message

I've only been interested in all of this for about 10-15 years, and we've gotten off lucky a good few times already.

*roll the dice*

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You should read this book which was censored by the CIA until now we could not read it.

PDF
drive.google.com...
Chan Thomas the Adam and Eve Story.

It covers your OP plus just about every conspiracy I have read in one way or another!
PDF Sanitized version
www.cia.gov...
edit on 17-8-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Wow....that is probably the best explanation of many things I could align myself with. Especially the religious part.
Why would the cia classify this... and then declass it?
But this means... we are late.

Whats even more freaky. I just showed my son "The Day After Tomorrow" tonight. That story pretty much sounds like its based on this writing with the "in a day" climate shift. I didnt know that mammut was a real find

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Wow....that is probably the best explanation of many things I could align myself with. Especially the religious part.
Why would the cia classify this... and then declass it?
But this means... we are late.

Whats even more freaky. I just showed my son "The Day After Tomorrow" tonight. That story pretty much sounds like its based on this writing with the "in a day" climate shift. I didnt know that mammut was a real find

Why would the cia classify this... and then declass it? But this means... we are late.

that was my conclusion too!

I suggest everyone read the whole thing he actually covers everything pretty much I have ever had questions about. I know he is snot going to be spot on on everything but Wow! i think this answers a lot of questions and here we are in our failing magnetic field and the predicted changes of violence in human behavior is spot on!

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Jimjolnir

Pretty much! All the cycles in cycles, rotation, orbit, eccentricity, etc. I think it boils down to chance. Really.

Cycles yes but not unpredictable according to
The Adam And Eve Story: The History of Cataclysms
Book by Chan Thomas
drive.google.com...
www.cia.gov...

top topics

join