It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Finds Racial Gap Between Who Causes Air Pollution And Who Breathes It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Lumenari

Wealthy may be in a bigger house, but I'd venture that house is more energy efficient. May drive a nicer car, but I'd venture that late model car is more efficient than an older vehicle. Probably eat less fast food too, so not contributing that way...

Did you even consider the possibility that not everyone has their own house, car, and disposable income?

Did you ever consider that you are not quoting me?

/facepalm

ETA... OH!!! ATS is doing it's glitch reply thing... so I apologize for the reply.
edit on 11-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Guyfriday

Yep, the report isn't about race, but rather economic strata.

It's about both. But are you saying that there is no correlation between economic status and race?

May be I am. I'll have top find an old paper I wrote in college and make a thread based off of it. The paper had many points in it about the mask of wealth vs the perceptions of race. Anybody of any race can become very wealthy in the world today. The perception that only certain people can is pushed as an excuse as to why so-and-so didn't or wouldn't make it big. It's a strangely ignored topic when it comes to wealth in America, so I'm glad you brought it up.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hey I wrote about this years ago:

The Black Zone: How the Progressive Movement Created the Modern Ghetto

The reason this is happening is that it was designed to be so.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Lumenari

Wealthy may be in a bigger house, but I'd venture that house is more energy efficient. May drive a nicer car, but I'd venture that late model car is more efficient than an older vehicle. Probably eat less fast food too, so not contributing that way...

Did you even consider the possibility that not everyone has their own house, car, and disposable income?

I disagree with that disposable income part.

In my city we have this shop called "Rent A Wheel" (rim rental shop).

Not that theyre even at fault for the Bling Bling Culture a MASSIVE cross section of the Black Community that lives and dies by....

That's squarely the fault of the overt decades long campaign of "The Media At Large", their unending campaign against blacks in particular to instead of pay off a mortgage nope go blow all your loot on frivolous BS that wont be worth anything hardly in a few years.

Of course the inherent irony here is that same "Media At Large" in addition to owning MTV et al behind all of that, they also own the same MSM that convinces them all that they have their back and that everyday commoner white etc folks have some kind of agenda against them.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Good god, this thread has convinced me that outside off Phage, most of yal need one thing.

Let me see if i can find the link... Ah here we go

Eleven Free Reading Comprehension Exercises Online.

My god, the damn study doesnt even mention racism but the OP aint here to spread the good word, so I suggest they be the first to sign up for one of the courses i've linked to.
edit on 12-3-2019 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That's squarely the fault of the overt decades long campaign of "The Media At Large", their unending campaign against blacks in particular to instead of pay off a mortgage nope go blow all your loot on frivolous BS that wont be worth anything hardly in a few years.

Nah, we don't. And take that from someone whom your talking about and knows a few things. That is an uneducated and grossly characterized opinion. Period.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wow, it's not often one of you guys admits the Republican party is white but you do exactly that by somehow blaming the Democrats and polarizing the topic.

And we know that you all know it's a white party, you're not deluded... it's just fun to see it first hand.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

So from a quick glance it appears that power plants have a dome around them and pollution is piped to lower economic areas?

None of that pollution affects whites - wow!

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Crazy ridiculous "scientific" report now claims Whites create more pollution and Minorities breath more of it !!

It's not about race, its about wealth.

And yet right there in the article, in black and white, how white people are the problem and all the poor minority’s are suffering.
I agree with you but it’s not what the article says

And yet

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   
In other words, the Majority creates more pollution than the Minority.

Real breakthrough study there.

The Majority just happens to be white.

Ah, now I get it.

edit on 3/12/2019 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
So now the bat snip whacko church of climatology has made the climate racist.

What's next ?

Spending thousands of dollars on Climate privilege classes ?

Bigots,bigots, Bigots everywhere.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

did they factor in China ?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Between the left-leaning study on racist air pollutants and the fact that a study was included, it's no wonder Phage got all hot and bothered.

Forget the obvious holes in the study, like those that work in overcrowded areas vs those that live in overcrowded areas, individuals driving different vehicles, older and newer, the people working at plants that produce goods that are being bought, other geological and/or demographic information and political factors (since that's exactly what this is: political); those don't count. If this isn't a biased and shoddy study, I don't know what is.

It's all the damn racist white people and their.... *shuffles deck and draws a card* ..... wealth pollution.
edit on 12-3-2019 by dothedew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

This is very much a racial issue that no one is comfortable with. The thread I referenced above is something that has been going on for a while. We can blame "white people" like the Washington Post has done with this study, or we can acknowledge that this is a policy effected by Progressives and their racist enablers in the early 20th century that affects minority communities to this day.

The media is already taking this story and using it to stir # up.

From the thread The Black Zone: How the Progressive Movement Created the Modern Ghetto

The Progressives at the time knew they couldn't cordon off entire populations in contravention of SCOTUS decisions, but they could zone industrial production, factories, and processing plants in these neighborhoods...As a result many black families and other minorities were forced out of the city, as it became unbearable to live in those conditions. Although the South invented and used racial zoning, they relied on Northern urban planners(and their lawyers) to to come up with ways to segregate Black communities using zoning laws, while still maintaining a legally defensible position. It was, as it is today, the truncation of the meaning and spirit of law by the lawyers of those with a twisted agenda. It was the urban planning version of eugenics, and fit very well into the philosophy of Progressivism.

edit on 12 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Phage

come on, you know full well caucasions are 61% of the population in the USA.

This study is a sham and you know it.

I am not even sure why Phage bothers to correct anyone on this website. It is is futile. The study basically say that on average, white people in the USA create more pollution per person than do non-whites. Not a very hard concept to understand given that whites earn more money on average than non-whites.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

71% of all the CO2 emissions are caused by 100 big companies, and all of them are managed by fellow whitebreads.

Nationalize Big Corps and jail those homicidal fcks already?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

71% of all the CO2 emissions are caused by 100 big companies, and all of them are managed by fellow whitebreads.

Oh?

What about China?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Not really, no.

ExxonMobil, Shell, BP and Chevron are identified as among the highest emitting investor-owned companies since 1988. If fossil fuels continue to be extracted at the same rate over the next 28 years as they were between 1988 and 2017, says the report, global average temperatures would be on course to rise by 4C by the end of the century. This is likely to have catastrophic consequences including substantial species extinction and global food scarcity risks.

Just 100 companies responsible for 71% of global emissions, study says

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: projectvxn

Not really, no.

ExxonMobil, Shell, BP and Chevron are identified as among the highest emitting investor-owned companies since 1988. If fossil fuels continue to be extracted at the same rate over the next 28 years as they were between 1988 and 2017, says the report, global average temperatures would be on course to rise by 4C by the end of the century. This is likely to have catastrophic consequences including substantial species extinction and global food scarcity risks.

Just 100 companies responsible for 71% of global emissions, study says

Kind of curious... what part of your standard of living are you willing to give up?

I always see people complaining, but then they never really delve into how they are going to give up their modern standard of living to save the planet. Plastics, cars, tech, housing, heat and air conditioning, food....

I mean I never see the people complaining living off grid in a hand build one room cabin hunting and fishing to maintain their lives.

Just curious...

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I smoke because I'm white and don't want to experience less personal pollution than others. I have a woodstove also that smokes up the house so I'm fully on board with my white pollution privilege and taking action to pay penance for it. Is there a site i can make a donation to? I don't want to smoke more but I may have to just to ensure equality.

Shutting down those power plants and factories will save so many lives, we should do it today!
edit on 12-3-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join