It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hesitant initially to buy the 4d chess idea for Trump.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I had heard, mostly in a joking way people refer to some who thought that President Trump was playing 4d chess in a lot of his political maneuvering. I took it as a joke and was hesitant to think that it was truly the case.

Not any more, not after today.

I kept wondering with his apparent giving in on the wall funding and the govt shutdown what he was thinking. I mean the wall (forget about the retarded leftists thinking otherwise) was a winning point for him. There should have been no reason for him to not veto the spending bill and say not without wall funding.

At first I thought it was rino repubs that tricked him into it claiming to push for reform if he signed the budget, but not after today's announcement that he's requesting 8.6 billion in border wall funding on the 2020 budget.

There's two reasons that work unbelievably in Trumps favor that now make me think this was the plan all along.

One, by signing the budget and apparently giving in so that people would get their checks, it took the onus off of him. He cares enough to give in. The other thing is that the Dems would've caved long before the elections in 2020 and it would've gained only 5.4 billion dollars, or less if he would've had to negotiate further down.

This way, any shutdown that comes, will be in the months leading up to the 2020 election. All the while in between he can be seen as attempting to negotiate by coming down on his amounts requested while the dems act like spoiled children screaming on the floor for their ice cream even though they haven't eaten their vegetables yet.

He wins either way now. The dems cave, he wins with border wall being built. They don't cave and they're blamed for being the little babies that they are.

No, this move IS MAGA MAGA 4D Chess....

Jaden

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

I love the hoops you guys jump thru.

2nd

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

What about signing the biggest budget in history?

President Trump sent Congress on Monday a record $4.75 trillion budget plan that calls for increased military spending and sharp cuts to domestic programs like education and environmental protection for the 2020 fiscal year.
nyt

So slashing taxes (mainly for the rich), decreasing domestic programs, and increasing military spending.

Increasing military spending? Why?

What country has attacked us since WWII?

The debt clock keeps ticking.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
"What about signing the biggest budget in history? "
"Increasing military spending? Why? "

"The debt clock keeps ticking. "

Your first two questions are answered by the third statement.

That clock will strike zero, and it will reset. When that time comes, we will want a wall. We will wish our military wasn't in shambles.

The entire world economy is dependent on the US dollar- and when it fails the world economy will fail.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark98SS

I love the hoops you guys jump thru.

2nd

I love it that you think they are hoops.

To the OP, the left has already decided in their tiny minds that he is stupid.

You know, like they have called every other Republican President the last 100 years or so because they don't think like they do.

So yep... it's kinda fun to watch.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Trump wins every tic-tac-toe game because he always gets the first two marks 😎

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

President Trump sent Congress on Monday a record $4.75 trillion budget plan that calls for increased military spending and sharp cuts to domestic programs like education and environmental protection for the 2020 fiscal year.
nyt

So slashing taxes (mainly for the rich), decreasing domestic programs, and increasing military spending.

Well America didn't become a super power for free. and it won't stay free for free.

link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
"What about signing the biggest budget in history? "
"Increasing military spending? Why? "

"The debt clock keeps ticking. "

Your first two questions are answered by the third statement.

That clock will strike zero, and it will reset. When that time comes, we will want a wall. We will wish our military wasn't in shambles.

The entire world economy is dependent on the US dollar- and when it fails the world economy will fail.

You are asking someone on the left to...

1./ Think further ahead than "should I have pizza or a burger for lunch?"

2./ Be somewhat aware of our geosociopolitical sphere of influence on the world economy.

3./ Do basic math.

4./ None of that matters, because their owners have already told them "Orange Man Bad".

Wish you luck on THAT conversation.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

nyt

Well America didn't become a super power for free. and it won't stay free for free.

It won't stay a super power if we keep turning a blind eye to our infrastructure and education.

Every empire has toppled, we're making the same mistakes.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

nyt

It won't stay a super power if we keep turning a blind eye to our infrastructure and education.

Mostly by not having defensible borders...

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You are asking someone on the left to...

No, they asked someone who voted for Trump.

God forbid people ask questions.

Some of us don't give into dogma.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

nyt

Most recent empires have fallen from over extending.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

nyt

So you're admitting the size of the budget (and deficit) don't matter at all to you, it's totally about what the money is going towards. If you were a deficit hawk, you'd be opposed to any overspending, which you're clearly not... so long as the teacher's unions and that catch-all concept of "infrastructure" (money which has recently been mostly wasted on magic beans like solar energy and high speed rail hardly anyone uses) get their money, you cool.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

nyt

Most recent empires have fallen from over extending.

Overextending their practical reach, not their budgets. Rome, Britain, the USSR, Nazi Germany... all fell not because they ran out of ways to fund their operations, but because their reach got too far, their empires too vast, and their hearts too bleeding to defend the vastness of their occupied territory. Last I checked, we're actually doing the opposite, becoming a bit more isolationist than we have been for awhile now. It's a good strategy.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So you're admitting the size of the budget (and deficit) don't matter at all to you, it's totally about what the money is going towards.

No, I never said that.

If you were a deficit hawk, you'd be opposed to any overspending, which you're clearly not...

Again, no, I did not say that.

But if I have a choice, considering we spend more on the military than the next ten countries combined, maybe we can keep some of the money at home.... For roads, education, and other critical spending points.

We can do so wisely... I didn't even imply to just "give it away".

I've always worked for my money and paid my taxes, I'm not a social programs guy... But you can spend money in smart ways at home.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Trump may or may not be playing 4D chess. I don't know.

But I do know that whatever he's doing, it's in his best interests... not ours.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

A point that gets lost. What is Bernie putting on the line...

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

The the politicians on the other side of the aisle are working in your/our best interests?

Do you honestly believe that?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

nyt

What about it? You dont trust our President? Has he not proven himself to be more trustworthy, as a president, than any president in your lifetime?

You have no IDEA what we are up against. What country has attacked us since WWII? Who cares? We are up against HYDRA. No borders, no national allegiances.

The military has been instrumental in Trump's fight against the Deep State.

You may have voted for Trump but sometimes you remind me of Ben Shapiro or Laura Loomer... except worse. LoL. You're alright. I'm just giving you a hard time.

The debt clock can seriously kiss my ass. Seriously. All the worlds developed nations owe entire warehouses full of money to a loan shark, how much longer do you really think we are going to put up with this?

Research Q stuff bro.
edit on 3/11/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Boadicea

The the politicians on the other side of the aisle are working in your/our best interests?

Do you honestly believe that?

You must not read her posts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join