It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Slip Facility for advanced research

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Anyone have any ideas or knowledge about the possibility that our government may be using time manipulation to accomplish advanced capabilities?

I have researched that it is conceivable to isolate and speed up time itself. With this capability, you could send in a bunch of capable MIT grads to “figure out” and develop technology. All this at a time scale thousands of times accelerated than ours. 80 years of research done in minutes of our time. You could even send in a supercomputer tended by shifts of patriotic geeks, that could attain massive levels of technological advancement, within days.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The older I get, it seem time moves faster.you might be on to something

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22
Supposedly that's because we get used to our surroundings so nothing is new to us. So our senses aren't experiencing as many new things and taking them in.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Haven't heard anything since the Philadelphia Experiment...

Unless John Titor was telling the truth.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
a reply to: WUNK22
Supposedly that's because we get used to our surroundings so nothing is new to us. So our senses aren't experiencing as many new things and taking them in.

Actually, I think it is tied into Math and Ratios.

At 5 years old, a year is 20% of your lifetime.

At 50 years old, a year is 2% of your lifetime.

Neat, eh?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I think it is also as children we are not as conscious and aware about time as we are as adults.
When you're 5 you're not watching the clock and calendars.
As adults we're painfully aware of them.

I've also seen some theories on time being affected by a creatures size. Essentially time might go or appear to go slower for an ant than it does a blue whale.

Anyway what is time? Time is not a real thing, any more than a cm or inch is.
It's a form of measurement. It's how we measure movement of objects over distance.
The speed of an object determines how it moves through 'time'.

I think the trick to controlling it is not to try and control 'time' but instead you'd control the things time measures.

You cannot make a string longer by making a centimeter bigger. You have to manipulate the string itself.

Should the military develop a cannon that could fire a round at light speed, wouldn't that be them manipulating time?
Don't even need an object to move at such insane speeds.
A fighter jet travelling above the speed of sound would technically be moving through 'time' at a different rate than I sitting still at my computer.
Although the difference in time would be so small as to be unnoticeable to mine or the fighter pilots eye.

Wonder if there is a way to measure time for an object going at 8,600 km/h (like a rail gun) or faster.

Light speed = 1080000000kmph
At light speed time essentially ceases to exist. Or comes to a stand still.

At what speed though does 'time' start to become noticeably altered by an observer?

It's all interesting stuff. Time.
I believe it is possible to halt it or accelerate it, but I don't think it is possible to rewind it.
I think we humans are only capable of manipulating time on a tiny scale universally speaking, but we are capable of it.

Just a matter of perspective.
edit on 12-3-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Haven't heard anything since the Philadelphia Experiment...

Unless John Titor was telling the truth.

John Titor might have being telling the Truth about American future civil war, maybe in our time, universe it hasn't happened.

I am rather surprised how in his world that China won WW3 the short Nuke exchange war.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You can also dilate time. There is also ways to change the human minds perception of time. Traveling quickly or near a black hole would speed it up.

What I’m talking about is extra manipulation of some sort of simulated effects causing time to speed up in a bubble.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Or you just create Quantom AI that computes research at unimaginable speeds. You would just need a fantastic research confirmation apparatus in place to quantify and extrapolate.

Combining this with time fixing just seems too fantastic.

top topics

join