It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Releases 2020 ‘Budget for a Better America’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Duderino

Nationalized "Education" has proven to be hazardous 😎

I can tell you're an alumni of our highly funded and prized American school system.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Fun history, there. The program was created by Dubya in 2007 and, through intention or miscalculation, staffed the program with a bunch of idiots that told people information that was all over the place. This policy of idiocy continued under Obama. With the intricacies and strict rules of the program, this misinformation made many people ineligible. They were either working in non-approved fields, hadn't filled out their paperwork/re-certifications properly, or had the wrong type of loans.

Some of those people kept their paperwork, and promptly sued the bejesus out of the feds. By the time it went through the courts it was now Trump's Dept. of Ed. The federal government was forced to create TPSLF (Temporary PSLF) to give these people some aid.

Part of the reason of the failure rate of the program is it's payment rules. You miss ONE payment, and your clock starts over. I'm not even sure if you can be late without restarting the clock. You'd be amazed at the amount of people that can't pay 6 months of bills on time, much less 120 months.

I am on Income-Based Rate on my federal loans, as recommended by both FedLoan and the fine print of my PSLF terms, working for a local government, and I consolidated *before* enrolling in PLSF. That's another hidden land mine. If you consolidate at any time during the 120 months..you guessed it. The clock resets. Your employment has to be of the right type. A "safe" bet is if you work for the feds themselves, your state, and local governments. Supposedly non-profits are eligible too but I think they look closely at those. There are yearly paperwork requirements, two forms. One annual employment re-certification and one income certification. If either of these are not done, Bad Things happen.

This program is not difficult, but there are certain conditions and if any one of them are not met TO THE LETTER, you are ineligible.

edit on 12-3-2019 by netwarrior because: An "r" fell off

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
If a private company can do it cheaper and better...a reply to: Allaroundyou

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
If a private company can do it cheaper and better...a reply to: Allaroundyou

I also agree with this idea.

Look back in the day NASA was gung ho about space and developing space tech.
Yes they had a bigger budget but they were dedicated to the goal.

Now NASA by all scales you wish to use is another bloated, protecting ones job/power/budget, efficiency be damned, dont let anyone else play in your sandbox government agency.

they are concerned just like the military of getting favors, votes, kickbacks, ect from companies.

want an example?

explain how they are "reinventing " a heavy boost rocket when they already did the research on the Saturn V rocket.
Just update it with new lighter materials, better control systems and thus increase lift, range, ect.

but noooo take basically the same damn idea and re invent the wheel. That soaks the taxpayer for millions.
along with delays, cost overruns, ect.

Scrounger

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join