It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Releases 2020 ‘Budget for a Better America’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The White House has published the Trump Budget proposals for FY2020 (starts Oct 1 2019).

Democrats already screaming Holy Hell as their own agendas fall apart.

THE WALL is asking for $8.6 Billion.

Border Security is asking for $32.5 Billion.

Defense wants $750 Billion.

Now WHAT !! ............ SHUTDOWN !! 😆

Trump Administration Releases 2020 ‘Budget for a Better America’

The Trump administration released its fiscal year 2020 budget Monday with a focus on “promises kept” and putting “taxpayers first.”
“America is roaring back, and now is the time to invest in the future of America,” President Donald Trump said of the newly released budget entitled, “A Budget for A Better America: Promises Kept. Taxpayers First.”

The administration sought to highlight three top-line aspects of the budget in a release Monday: moving economic prosperity forward, responsibility, and investment in America. One of the primary focuses was on reducing government spending.

The Budget

Democrats Slam Trump’s Border Wall Request Despite Rising Migration

President Donald Trump’s $8.6 billion request for border-wall construction in 2020 should be denied, and the funds should be redirected to schools and “rebuilding America,” say top Democratic leaders.
The Democrats’ statement comes one week after a top security official said the cross-border flow of job-seeking migrants threatens to reach 900,000 in 2019.

“Our country faces challenges about jobs for the future, this money would be better spent on rebuilding America, and on education and workforce development for jobs for the 21st Century,” said a statement from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Chuck Schumer. The statement also stated that Democrats will block funding even if Trump refuses to sign Congress’ budget:

"Democrat Any Means Necessary to stop Trump"

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I’ve not read all of it yet. Actually very little tbh.
But my biggest gripe is the cutting of $500mil to the NASA budget

Why oh why......I love me some NASA!

Ok let me clarify on this first. Sorry as I should have stated this in my first go around.

The budget for NASA is amazing but they did cut 500mil for the SLS system. Taking the new budget increase from $21.5 bill to $21 bil. Still a great increase but now we have an SLS that we sank so much money into to only say bye bye. I guess SpaceX is going to take that spot I imagine.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
That eight billion for the wall will support the extra immigrants coming into the country for about a year. How the hell do the Democrats figure that money will go to fix roads if it is going to be spent supporting migrants? They need one illegal coming in to counteract my vote for the Republican president I suppose, they need immigrants voting to get a Democratic president in 2020.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

NASA will get military funding with joint ops with Space Force...right?
Defense Spending is increasing so I would look for it there.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I was wondering about that actually. I would think that in some aspects the funding of both can and will be combined in some manner.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

when Nancy said this:

the funds should be redirected to schools and “rebuilding America,”

Wait a damn minute, this sounds like America isn't quite Great yet, and a little investment would make it better? If that's the case, then arguing against MAGA as an idea seems so disingenuous.

Keep talking Nancy, the more you do, the clearer it can be to ALL that your agenda is simple, against Trump BAMN.

edit on 11-3-2019 by network dude because: tea is the secret to life.

edit on 11-3-2019 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I’ve not read all of it yet. Actually very little tbh.
But my biggest gripe is the cutting of $500mil to the NASA budget

Why oh why......I love me some NASA!

Ok let me clarify on this first. Sorry as I should have stated this in my first go around.

The budget for NASA is amazing but they did cut 500mil for the SLS system. Taking the new budget increase from $21.5 bill to $21 bil. Still a great increase but now we have an SLS that we sank so much money into to only say bye bye. I guess SpaceX is going to take that spot I imagine.

SpaceX took that spot a long time ago.

Thank Obama for scrapping the Constellation program.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
"and the funds should be redirected to schools and “rebuilding America,” say top Democratic leaders. "

...rebuilding America usa what the wall is for. We've got people flooding in that basically want to take whatever they can get- and our legal system can't even really punish them when they get caught breaking the law.

Wouldn't getting our own laws enforced on our own land be the first step to rebuilding?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I think the much bigger deal than that $8.6b for the wall is the slashing of the environmental protections and education.

First reports say the $4.7 TRILLION budget slashes the Environmental Protection Agency by a THIRD and the Department of Education by some 10%.

The budget is a joke he does not expect too many people to get obviously. It's just a beginning. A very humorous beginning.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Nationalized "Education" has proven to be hazardous 😎

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This budget eliminates the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. This provides student loan forgiveness for police, EMS, fire departments, local & state government employees. It is basically "the carrot" to get employees to accept low paying public service jobs in exchange for 10 years worth of servitude and on-time monthly payments.

I am roughly halfway through this program, and this news terrifies me. I can only hope that IF this goes through there's some sort of litigation to keep those of us in the program that are in good standing in it.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

That could be interesting.

what page is that language on?

TIA

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
A radio host on WLS in chicago (wish I could remember his name for credit) stated when it came to budgets in government
"25 percent of the budget is waste, fraud and corruption"

In reality I would bet its in the 40 percent or more.

but for sake of argument lets stick with 25 percent as best case situation / low ball.

that is quite realistic and there is ZERO reason you could not cut at least 15 percent out of the budget (be as a whole or MOST specific ones, there are a VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS) with little to no effect to the end user.

Look I worked a job in state government once and in it dealt with getting federal surplus.

what i saw would BLOW YOU MIND.

For example I saw military ambulances with 100 hours or less (was told usually 50 hours) non war used.
I have seen hundreds of ammo cans surplussed that could have been reused.
along with simple google searches shows redundancies, paper pushers, and outright BS like congressmen/senators going on "fact finding missions" that are just paid vacations.

Or agencies that are NOT NEEDED line the national endowment of the arts and NPR .

I am sure if you looked at many agencies as a BUSINESS that is responsible for TAXPAYER MONEY vs taxpayer as "piggy bank" you could cut well over 25 percent.

Im sorry but this "oh poor me" excuse is wearing not only thin, but we NO LONGER CAN AFFORD IT

time to face economic reality.

scrounger

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Page 32.

Reforms Student Loan Programs. In recent years, income-driven repayment (IDR) plans, which offer student borrowers the option of making affordable monthly payments based on factors such as income and family size, have grown in popularity. However, the numerous IDR plans currently offered to borrowers overly complicate choosing and enrolling in the right repayment plan. The Budget proposes to streamline student loan repayment by consolidating multiple IDR plans into a single plan. The Single IDR plan would cap a borrower’s monthly payment at 12.5 percent of discretionary income. For undergraduate borrowers, any balance remaining after 180 months of repayment would be forgiven. For borrowers with any graduate debt, any balance remaining after 30 years of repayment would be forgiven. To support this generous pathway to debt relief for all undergraduate borrowers, the Budget eliminates the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program, establishes reforms to guarantee that all borrowers in IDR pay an equitable share of their income, and eliminates subsidized loans. To further improve and simplify loan repayment, the Budget proposes auto-enrolling severely delinquent borrowers and instituting a process for borrowers to consent to share income data for multiple years. To facilitate these program improvements and to reduce improper payments, the Budget proposes to streamline the Department of Education’s ability to verify applicants’ income data held by the Internal Revenue Service. These reforms would reduce inefficiencies and waste in the student loan program, and focus assistance on needy undergraduate student borrowers. All student loan proposals would apply to loans originating on or after July 1, 2020, except those provided to borrowers to finish their current course of study.

[url=https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/budget-fy2020.pdf]https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/budget-fy2020.pdf[/ url]

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

This is a good read and maybe will clarify why it may be on the chopping block. Seems it was a big lie...

Link

he Department of Education and the Government Accountability Office (GAO) have both released reviews of PSLF that back up Frotman's CFPB findings. The department's recent report card for PSLF, the program's first, was a revelation, describing a scale of dysfunction that surprised many in the loan industry. It found that, over the past year, nearly 29,000 applications for Public Service Loan Forgiveness were submitted and processed.

Of those, 99 percent were denied, the vast majority for "not meeting program requirements." Ninety-nine percent. Just days after the Education Department released its data, the federal government's independent watchdog weighed in with the results of its own investigation. Investigators from the GAO found that, more than a decade into the program, many borrowers and servicers still appear confused about basic requirements.

I read this yesterday when looking up some budget items to be cut.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Trump pledged to protect Medicare and Medicaid, but his 2020 budget calls for major spending cuts

Critics of President Donald Trump’s new budget are accusing him of breaking a key campaign promise ahead of his 2020 re-election bid.

His fiscal 2020 proposal unveiled Monday calls for reductions in funding for Medicare and Medicaid relative to current law. Over a decade, the plan would shave an estimated $800 billion or more off Medicare, which covers older Americans, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation and various reports. It would also cut spending on Medicaid, the federal-state program that insures low-income Americans, by more than $200 billion while setting up block grants to states.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
He torqued the dims now they have to beg to get what they want

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr4c0n

Protecting it from fraud and based on current law. For Medicaid he wants blocks of money for states and not a blank check or giving funds that will be used for other things. Lower prescription costs...

From your own link....might want to read it.

The proposed Medicare changes aim to address waste and abuse in the system — efforts that both major parties have supported in the past. It is “hard to predict how these proposals would affect patient care if they became law,” said Tricia Neuman, director of the Kaiser Family Foundation’s Program on Medicare Policy. However, she expects hospitals and health providers to say the budget will harm seniors. AARP — a special interest group dedicated to older Americans — said it is “concerned about proposed cuts to programs important to seniors” in Trump’s budget despite his efforts to address drug prices. The White House has denied that Trump wants to gut Medicare — a widely popular program.

l On Monday, acting Office of Management and Budget Director Russ Vought said the president is “not cutting Medicare in this budget” but rather “putting forward reforms that are cutting drug prices.” Medicare spending would still rise “every year by healthy margins” and no “structural changes” would take place, he said.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Trump is needing an InFlated Budget...

because of all the humanitarian help afforded to all the future Democrat voters who will eventually disappoint even the/liberal/Open Border/dimwits who did not realized that 'they' were being played by the flood-of-greedy-immigrants/refugees with a scheme

(yeah right !)-> my Sarcasm pointer is pointing to 110 %---the Dems, bleeding hearts, et al --> will not be able to Live-this-BS-Down in 100 years of apologies

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
2020, could it be any more of a sure-thing for Trump?

‘In the bag’ is a serious understatement.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join