It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Anomaly...Again!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

That image is zoomed so far beyond its native resolution that it's impossible to determine any detail about it.

edit on 3/18/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That image is zoomed so far beyond its native resolution that it's impossible to determine any detail about it.

Yea, I can see you have issues, so just for you I uploaded the enhanced photo. Your right, I cant make out if the thing has fingernails, or lips.......

It appears to me it has at least 10 appendages, a central raised area. One of the appendages appears to have some type of claw attached.

Now I know you cant make it out, but to me it is very similar to our Octopus. Some are calling it a spider, or even space crab lol.

Here is the original photo, well, in as far as I know.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov... oXK7wGiJ0E

Ill just call it the "Crevice Critter"

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I'm quite familiar with the original image.
And that "enhancement" is absurd. More so than the colorized "wrench."

edit on 3/18/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

It is the war of the worlds alien exactly.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Wow, thats really bizarre. Do you know how I would find pic on NASA website?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

edit on 18-3-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Wow, thats really bizarre. Do you know how I would find pic on NASA website?
I'm not a NASA buff, since the landing on the moon.

But you can find some interesting stuff at this link.

mars.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Phage I don't tend to disagree with you and also side on Occam's razor but this is one when you zoom in is very weird to the point of being out of coloration with the surrounding rock and with a formation I cannot find in nature. There are things on Mars that defy logic and explanation. This is one of those images the rest might be rocks but a few we need to at least acknowledge it might be something more.
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 19 Mar 2019 22:23:18 -0500pm10America/Chicago by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

Phage I don't tend to disagree with you and also side on Occam's razor but this is one when you zoom in is very weird to the point of being out of coloration with the surrounding rock and with a formation I cannot find in nature. There are things on Mars that defy logic and explanation. This is one of those images the rest might be rocks but a few we need to at least acknowledge it might be something more.

Funny thing is, we are trying to fit the evidence, into earthy facts. And then try to solve puzzlement's with Earthly explanations. Occam's Razor will actually work against finding the truth.

Phage might be a wonderful person, kind loyal and devoted. But he lacks the ability to imagine. He isn't alone in this. We are raised in a highly controlled society where challenging the system is not only frowned upon, it is punished.

Occam's Razor limits our ability to comprehend new information, new evidence. It limits our ability to solve these "Observations" and puzzles. Who sets the limits of "Scientific Assumptions"? Why the very same Scientific community who has its origins steeped in Mystery Schools, and Secret Societies, with secret blood oaths, and keep a "Royal" secret.

Yes, some folks can not grasp the vastness of the "System", so when they see bits and pieces of the puzzle they tend to discredit it, or forget it, because it comes from a reality they are forbidden to know, comprehend, understand.

But thats just my worthless 2 cents...

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Occam's Razor limits our ability to comprehend new information, new evidence. It limits our ability to solve these "Observations" and puzzles.

But it is not a hard unbending test.

In science, Occam's razor is used as a heuristic (general guiding rule or an observation) to guide scientists. It does not limit

our ability to comprehend new information, new evidence.

at all.

It comes from William of Ockham, a 14th Century Franciscan friar and has it's roots in philosophy dating back to Ptolemy.

Science is always changing and developing to try to understand new information, new evidence. It is not the fixed unbending thing you apparently think it is at all.

You just have a general downer on science and scientists, for whatever reason.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I seem to remember there being all kinds of weird anomalies in that particular picture. The critter thing jumps out immediately, but I remember there being what looked like numbers on some of the rocks at the bottom. I saw a much bigger, high rez version of that pic years ago when it first came out.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpyOldCarpy, That version of Science would lead to something similar to Star Trek.
Open, honest discovery and disclosure.

Certainly, I would back something like that. But is that what we presently have?

You know as well as I that some things are classified, and there is no point denying it. And in that lays the true corruption. A rotten spot on a apple will eventually ruin the whole fruit.

Science, is being directed by ancient fears, selfishness, greed, and financial corruption. At least, that is what it is, where I live...

Sometimes it's what we see, and sometimes, it's what we don't see. For instance. I doubt few knowledgeable people actually believe what NASA puts out.

Why paint a rock, black? At least that is what it appears to be to me. Rather a sloppy job at that, maybe intentional...

Can you find the black rock? Can you see the "Paint" sloppy edge? Not in this photo.
mars.nasa.gov...

Until you zoom in with other software.

Is this the type of Science you support? Whats behind the black paint???

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Yes, but you seem to be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Some things are classified, so what?

No idea about the rock. What's the source for that photo? Is it direct from NASA? Can't do much without such info and what am I meant to be looking at on the NASA link?

I am no expert in photography but others on here are.

But, before you can tell me NASA did this , more info is required - nullius in verba, remember?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Hello? Can you show me a photo with a link to NASA that shows this? What is the source of your image? I can't even zoom in on that so you really have to up your game.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

A rotten spot on a apple will eventually ruin the whole fruit.

Science is not an apple. Whatever your spot might be, it does not do away with the whole body of scientific knowledge. That is a rubbish analogy, if I may say so. Baby with bathwater, again.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Hello? Can you show me a photo with a link to NASA that shows this? What is the source of your image? I can't even zoom in on that so you really have to up your game.
The link is supplied. mars.nasa.gov And yes, its taken from the nasa supplied photo

Again
mars.nasa.gov...
edit on PMWednesdayWednesday thAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago07312 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

That is not the original image. That is a mosaic.

Find the original then get back to us. That page tells you where the individual images are.
edit on 3/20/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

That is a mosaic.

That is very observant on your part, my friend.

In as far as finding the original frame, well, that is going to take some doing. Each photo used has no identifier as to which photos were used, and which were left on the editing floor. The only thing they say is there were 33 photos used.

A sweeping panorama combining 33 telephoto images into one Martian vista presents details of several types of terrain visible on Mount Sharp from a location along the route of NASA's Curiosity Mars rover.

The rover's Mast Camera (Mastcam) recorded the component images with its right-eye camera on April 10, 2015, during the 952nd Martian day, or sol, of Curiosity's work on Mars, before that sol's drive. The panorama spans from south-southeast, at left, to west-southwest. The color has been approximately white-balanced to resemble how the scene would appear under daytime lighting conditions on Earth.

mars.nasa.gov...

A sweeping panorama combining 33 telephoto images into one Martian vista presents details of several types of terrain visible on Mount Sharp from a location along the route of NASA's Curiosity Mars rover.

The rover's Mast Camera (Mastcam) recorded the component images with its right-eye camera on April 10, 2015, during the 952nd Martian day, or sol, of Curiosity's work on Mars, before that sol's drive. The panorama spans from south-southeast, at left, to west-southwest. The color has been approximately white-balanced to resemble how the scene would appear under daytime lighting conditions on Earth.

mars.nasa.gov...

The photos were taken with Curiosities "Right" Mastcam, on April 10th, or 952 sol. Fair enough.

Go to Raw images for Sol 952, and there is this, except its one day apart April 11th.
Mastcam: Right
2015-04-11 05:34:21 UTC
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Raw images are stored by camera and Sol number.

Given the time lag involved its understandable they are not or may not be received on the same day as created. There are 7 frames that are similar. No way to know which one was used in the mosaic.

mars.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yeah, those "critters" show up every once in a while. I think they're a result of that calcium that gets everywhere sinking into a hole and then getting exposed by erosion.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Raw images are stored by camera and Sol number.

I know.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join