It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Anomaly...Again!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It's swamp gas reflecting of venus

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This image was taken by Mastcam: Left (MAST_LEFT) onboard NASA's Mars rover Curiosity on Sol 2312 (2019-02-06 14:19:30 UTC).

14 sec. later

This image was taken by Mastcam: Left (MAST_LEFT) onboard NASA's Mars rover Curiosity on Sol 2312 (2019-02-06 14:19:44 UTC).

link

Is this the side view?

Peace

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I think Context is very important when trying to solve these puzzles.

Go back to the panorama photo and you will find what is not there. Tracks, tire tracks. There are none around the object. And as phage points out, Mars has very little ability to cover them over a short period of time. Yes there is wind but not much substance.

If you look at the other rocks and pebbles on the surface you will see some have a great deal of dust build up. This object, however, has some, but not much in comparison.

Lacking tire tracks in the immediate area of the object pretty much rules out a Rover drilling.

Phage is correct in considering the possibility of a Meteor, as Meteors do tend to melt holes in themselves upon re entry, on Earth, having a very thick atmosphere in comparison, but. Mars, as Phage himself has pointed out, has virtually none. There would be re entry heat but I doubt it would be sufficient or long enough to create what is seen.

On Earth during the manufacture process you can create holes by two methods. One is to use a drill bit and drill the hole, and the other is to press the hole out using dies and punches. In the punch process there will be a raised ring area around the hole where the material was in essence cut out.

More advanced processes used during manufacture are laser and water cutting. But neither are reflected in this object, and would require a closer inspection to determine.

Again, Context.

This item, alone, says very little as to what it is, how long it has been there, or how it got on Mars. But when combined with all the other "Bits" that have been found, it starts to build the story, and fill in the blanks. All of it should be taken in a "Big Picture" context.

Again, we need boots on the ground ASAP. Would you agree with that, Phage?

The tree thing I will address later.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This one is fascinating. With these the obvious answers are usually "it's a rock" or "pareidolia" but but not this time. Got me stumped.
edit on 15-3-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

There would be re entry heat but I doubt it would be sufficient or long enough to create what is seen.

Ablation of meteors occurs at very high altitudes, on Earth and Mars.
www.space.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

That picture in the link actually looks exactly like the "hole" in the OP's picture.

Peace

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Larger image here:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
This one is fascinating. With these the obvious answers are usually "it's a rock" or "pareidolia" but but not this time. Got me stumped.
Fascinating? Just the beginning.

Look at these "Meteorites" photographed on Mars. Don't ask, I don't have a link to the original.

Now there are folks out there who are working overtime trying to convince you these objects are mechanical constructs. Don't let them fool you, these are 100% meteorites and "Rocks". Everyone knows Our humanity was the first to create the wheel, atomic energy, and hoodwinking. Sarcasm, off.

edit on AMSaturdaySaturday thAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago01310 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Those actually look like rocks.
Maybe the wheel has a universal application.
We will never know for sure.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
Don't ask, I don't have a link to the original.

The photo ID is on the image, so it's easy to get to the original.

Or the radiometrically corrected version.

Or, as we have a left and a right photo, a stereo version, for people with those red/blue glasses.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

Those actually look like rocks.
Maybe the wheel has a universal application.
We will never know for sure.
Oh I agree with you, its all just rocks, well, and meteorites.

Your right, the thing on the right only appears to be a cylinder with openings on the side and a round hole that has been collapse upon impact. All it is, is a hollow rock.

And that wrench looking fish head thing to the left, is OBVIOUSLY, a rock, or maybe a meteorite. Zero chance it could be anything else.

You people....................................

edit on PMSaturdaySaturday thAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago30312 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The creative coloration helps direct the eye and stir the imagination. Doesn't it?

Armap's stereo version is also instructive. That "handle" really is not a continuation of the same rock. But coloring it as if it is, is fun.
edit on 3/16/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Handle? Handle?? Handle??? Phage, you know as well as I that it is just a Rock, that looks like, hmmm, a Meteorite! And it looks exactly like the picture of a Meteorite you posted. Now that, is imagination...!

Actually, it looks more like ornamentation on a Saurian space ship. But everyone knows nothing like that exists! Damn those Egyptian Gods...

Now for those trees.

Granted no Forrest's we are familiar with grow on Mars. But their is something growing.

Can Plants Grow with Mars Soil?

In reality, the soil on Mars actually does have the nutrients plants would need to survive on Mars!

Of course the amounts of those nutrients would have to be adjusted for plants we are familiar with. But on the other hand just like at the bottom of the sea and Antarctica, life finds a way.

Martian biology could be so different from what we expect, as to be non recognizable.

For instance, the "Glass Tubes" that are seen can actually be a biological organism, not man made tunnels. And in Fact, I think that is the right direction to pursue.
mars.raptorzone.co.za...

As far as tree's on Mars we have something that resembles tree's . Of course NASA calls them nothing more than stains. But do stains throw a shadow??
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

Until we put boots on the ground, anything is possible. Im betting Mother nature is hard at work on the red planer, whether we recognize it or not.

And lets not forget this "Meteorite"
www.rt.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

For instance, the "Glass Tubes" that are seen can actually be a biological organism
Only if you ignore better imagery.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As far as tree's on Mars we have something that resembles tree's
Only if you ignore better imagery. And the apostrophe is improper.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Until we put boots on the ground, anything is possible
It's not possible for liquid water to exist on the surface of Mars unless it is very, very "salty." It is a very dry and cold place.

And lets not forget this "Meteorite"
That has no visible characteristics which would suggest that it is a meteorite?

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It's not possible for liquid water to exist on the surface of Mars unless it is very, very "salty." It is a very dry and cold place.

Don't forget the lack of atmospheric pressure, that one is a #itch when it comes to liquid water on Mars

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Unless it's very, very "salty" water.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

a reply to: operation mindcrime

Larger image here:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Yes for sure, a piece of that very meteorite could easy pass for the
original photo.
Also doesn’t water sometimes do this to rocks ?
And isn’t there previous lander wreckage on Mars ?

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Also doesn’t water sometimes do this to rocks ?
I suppose swiftly moving water could.

And isn’t there previous lander wreckage on Mars ?
Not anywhere near Curiosity.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

The creative coloration helps direct the eye and stir the imagination. Doesn't it?

Armap's stereo version is also instructive. That "handle" really is not a continuation of the same rock. But coloring it as if it is, is fun.

Looks like a cartoon dog was run over.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

a reply to: LookingAtMars

Unless it's very, very "salty" water.

I though I should add that to help explain why it would have to be veryx3 "salty" water.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join