It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Anomaly...Again!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
To say it's anything specific is merely guessing. Truthfully, whatever it is--it's interesting.

Although we have no definitive scale, it resembles a carbide insert like we use in lathe tooling for machining metals:

sc01.alicdn.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I paid more attention to the dirt underneath it.
The ground surrounding it is covered in rocks but the artifact in question looks as if it is raised slightly, why is the dirt so smooth underneath? It's not a shadow.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: merka
"Hag stones" and stones with natural holes are all incredibly worn down and mostly round/smooth (probably by the same process that eventually made the hole itself).

That's because those stones have those shapes because of water erosion. Wind erosion, like on the image I posted, is completely different.

Another thing to consider is that the atmosphere on Mars is about 1% of Earth's, so when the wind blows there's hardly anything to it. You could get hit by a 100 mph gust and barely notice it because there's simply not enough molecules pushing against you to generate a significant force.

Considering that, I think it would take a much longer time for Martian wind to erode a hole in a rock. However, Mars also has no plate tectonics so the surface is much older than most surface you'll find on Earth, meaning the Martian wind had lots more time to do its work. Not sure how that all balances out, just throwing some ideas out there.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Love it, love it, love it.

I would be keen to believe that a circular object could be useful for all species with some sort of intellectual design? Being that radius and perfect symmetry can be quite useful.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
welp, this is what happens when NASA's "photos of mars" are actually just pictures of some rural desert landscape close enough to a mechanic shop.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
wow! it looks like a little space ship, lol.
at the bottom below that,
look at the top right of the thing that sticks out.
who ever photo shop't that should lose his job.

and is the sky really like that? I bet not.
all shadows come from above?

edit on 12-3-2019 by buddha because: aliens made me do it

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydownIf this photo is original and untouched, then it appears to be a "bit", that was blown to bits.

If it is metal then to me it appears to have been over heated, and over pressured, as in what you might expect to see after a explosion of some type. If it is a rock, then what ever.

There have been many small bits discovered on the surface such as this. Its not unique at all. Either way, we need to get to mars ASAP! That is, if, you want the rest of the story.

It would be a great first mission for Trumps "Space Force"

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

that's what I find interesting is that there aren't any other similarly eroded adder/hag stones in the area
the surrounding bedrock would probably be made up of similar composition based on the cooling of the bedrock wouldn't you expect other stones to be similarly weatherd in that fashion?
Even with honeycomb weathering of a larger rock you see many similarly eroded holes!
but it may have been blown or forced into that area somehow

edit on 12-3-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Haven't been able to find an image of the rock from a different angle, but here's a little blurry image of a rock on Sol 2313 that also has a hole in it. Lots of holes on Mars if you look for them.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
that's what I find interesting is that there aren't any other similarly eroded adder/hag stones in the area
the surrounding bedrock would probably be made up of similar composition based on the cooling of the bedrock wouldn't you expect other stones to be similarly weatherd in that fashion?

That rock doesn't really look like the surrounding rocks, as almost all rocks I looked at were sedimentary rocks, while this one appears to be different.

Even with honeycomb weathering of a larger rock you see many similarly eroded holes!
but it may have been blown or forced into that area somehow

It can be a meteorite.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm going with brackets of sorts. I noticed that the large hole also has a halo around it, like the small hole does. Looks as though it had a retainer ring or large washer that held it to whatever it was attached to. Maybe went around something cylindric that protruded thru the hole. The small hole also looks to be some sort of attachment point for bracket. Bizarre piece none the less.

Could it be something that the rover drilled for a core sample? They both have similar halos around the actual hole. The holes seem to be of similar size, although, there's nothing to compare scale to.

edit on 12-3-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm starting lean to towards it being something to do with the core drill or an odd shaped rock that was drilled. The drill size from what I've read is 2.6 in, which looks close to the hole in the bracket/rock. The fact that the rover is right there taking a pic, seems to increase probability that it has something to do with drilling vs the rover stumbling across this by chance.

Just my worthless two cents on the subject.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I don't think the hole was drilled by the rover, as we don't see any dust around it like on the other rocks. Also, I think that drilling what looks like a small rock would have rotated or dislodged the rock, and we don't see any sign of that on the sand under the rock.

In fact, that sand is another thing that supports the ventifact theory, as it suggests a local change in direction of the winds caused by the rock.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The iron content in meteors could indicate that it might be an meteor kind of hag stone.

Nevertheless it's an interesting find, and needs more research but that we'll never know..

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yes, I saw that. The pic of the object of interest doesn't have much definition though. The halos around the holes in the "bracket" and the rock I posted directly below it, look similar to size. Maybe we're just not seeing the dust because of lack of definition? If you look closely at the object I do see what could possibly be dust.

I'm not say anything definitive, just throwing it out there for discussion.

Are there any other angles of the object?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
GREAT FIND! I enlarged the image slightly and enhanced it. This object definitely looks like a piece of metal with a hole cut into it.

Thanks for that, it looks even more man-made now! There definitely appears to be a second circular hole to the left. It's beginning to look like some kind of pivot, maybe.

Wait a minute. If the original photo does not look metallic at all, what is the purpose of enhancing it and making it appear more man made and metallic? And then thank someone for making it appear more man made? Wtf.

What's the intent here?

That's my OP picture in your quote and not the one submitted by Duderino.

My "intent" was to try and bring out more details and obviously, extreme sharpening is going to cause textural changes. I wasn't trying to make it look more metallic...what would be the point? I originally said it appears man-made, the enhancement by Duderino made it appear more so.

I am not advocating alien or ancient technology, just curious as to what it could be, as it certainly does not appear to be a rock to me.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
a reply to: fromtheskydownIf this photo is original and untouched, then it appears to be a "bit", that was blown to bits.

If it is metal then to me it appears to have been over heated, and over pressured, as in what you might expect to see after a explosion of some type. If it is a rock, then what ever.

There have been many small bits discovered on the surface such as this. Its not unique at all. Either way, we need to get to mars ASAP! That is, if, you want the rest of the story.

It would be a great first mission for Trumps "Space Force"

The link to the original NASA photo is posted in the thread.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I don't think the hole was drilled by the rover, as we don't see any dust around it like on the other rocks. Also, I think that drilling what looks like a small rock would have rotated or dislodged the rock, and we don't see any sign of that on the sand under the rock.

In fact, that sand is another thing that supports the ventifact theory, as it suggests a local change in direction of the winds caused by the rock.

I don’t think it’s possible for the rover to drill into an object that small. There is nothing to stabilize it. Unless the rover has some type of vise that I’m unaware of. The object would spin with the drill without one. Notice the pic above in mtnshredders post, much larger object.

ETA: unless the object is much larger than it appears, e.g. what we are seeing is just above the surface. There is more below. But this doesn’t appear to be the case.
edit on 13-3-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I think the object, if rock, would have shattered if the rover had drilled it, judging from its size, thickness and position on the ground. It's those two pointed corners and the slightly curved edge between them that intrigues me, as well. Perhaps the rover did drill it...to examine its metal content.

edit on 13-3-2019 by fromtheskydown because: grammar

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
That does appear to be a metal piece of some sort of equipment. It also seems to be severely corroded or broken. It could possibly be some sort of composit that broke upon impact. It looks old. Maybe a piece of space junk that got tossed from our atmosphere from some event that landed on Mars and broke.

It looks old though, at least forty or more years old. Which could be from the sixties rockets and equipment sent into space. Maybe the military attempted to put satellites around Mars and they broke up. We heard of the NASA stuff, but we were not usually informed of military projects.

That does look like a part of something, who knows, maybe there were some races of beings on earth that were doing space travel hundreds of thousands of years ago, Most of the metals would have disintegrated already because of our environments influence, Iron buried corodes within a hundred years, just think of a million years. If people think we are the only advanced beings to populate the earth in the millions of years of it's habitability to hominids, they are not being very smart. No evidence means nothing if the evidence has been melted down or repurposed or returned back to the earth because of oxidation. There is a possibility that there was once advanced life here, it actually may still be here, and account for UFOs.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join