It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Anomaly...Again!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There is a clear ring around the smaller circle, and even around the larger circle. None of the other rocks have that feature. Still think it's just a bracket - it looks -very- similar to the brackets on the heat shield above, which has two holes.. that were almost certainly held in place by rivets or screws or something, and would have left that sort of lighter ring when protected against the heat of entry.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

It could be, plenty of spacecraft have crashed on Mars.

Maybe one of these were in the hole

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It's an interesting find, but I think it's just a rock, shaped by the wind, like this one in Antarctica.

Search for "ventifacts" and you will see.

edit on 12/3/2019 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If real ! That is so cool ! Great thread ! I needed a break from arguing with religious folks !

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I hope that is real ! It could be part oh Hermes Trisamigistus’s bong ? Just a theory lol

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
GREAT FIND! I enlarged the image slightly and enhanced it. This object definitely looks like a piece of metal with a hole cut into it.

Thanks for that, it looks even more man-made now! There definitely appears to be a second circular hole to the left. It's beginning to look like some kind of pivot, maybe.

Wait a minute. If the original photo does not look metallic at all, what is the purpose of enhancing it and making it appear more man made and metallic? And then thank someone for making it appear more man made? Wtf.

What's the intent here?

Thank you! I thought the same thing.

And in that enhanced image that someone enhanced even more to make look even more metallic, I want to point out that it also made all of the smaller rocks and pebbles lying around look like shiny gold. So...not useful.
edit on 11-3-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Could be a piece that fell off of one of their rovers.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Definitely a metal bracket that was manufactured, by someone...The bottom right corner as well as the top right corner are partial holes that were broken out...Either there are fabricated parts on Mars, or the Rover is not really on Mars...

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Very circular holes can be made in ordinary rocks just by having a small pebble or rock bounce around inside a depression in the rock. It doesn't wear away very fast, but it will wear a nice hole after a few hundred thousand years or so.

Says who???

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Or maybe this proves that the pics from Mars are not actually pics from Mars but from earth!

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Whoa 😲 that ain’t natural. It looks like some type of metal bracket. Can we rule out that this isn’t something that came off of our own equipment? It does appear to be old looking.
LOOKS METALLIC ALRIGHT, KIND OF A SHRAPNEL FROM SOME BLAST

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Hmm...

Let me google that for you:
stones with natural holes

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Great find, one of the most interesting pics iv'e seen.

However I still tend to lean towards it being a rock of some kind. The "perfectly circular hole" seems slightly kidney shaped to my eye and not completely "drilled through" either, more hollowed out over time. Is there just a bit of shadow on the upper part of the hole which makes it look unevenly worn? I admit I know nothing of how stone would "wear" on Mars, but it does seem to be just that to me, time worn stone.

My second guess would be space junk, quite a bit of that floating around out there and who knows where it all ends up really.

Still, great find and always makes me wonder....could it be.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
Hmm...

Let me google that for you:
stones with natural holes

Well... doesnt that kind of *disprove* the similarity?

"Hag stones" and stones with natural holes are all incredibly worn down and mostly round/smooth (probably by the same process that eventually made the hole itself).

The one in the mars image is very sharp with straight edges.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Mars apex “fortuna”
Begin transcode for verification

In the clear

AI dataset “foxtrot” “subtle Phoenix”

Inform obtuse piece of flotsam

Subject: dark material 45372 internet clear

Initiate project “Capitoline Triad”

Mars apex “jotara”

~~~~~~~

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

That's my A arm from my 2000 Durango. How did it get up there?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Its not the laser cutter's doing from off the actual rover itself?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

It could be, but dont they choose landing spots for each rover that are very far away from where their other rovers have landed? That would be like landing rovers in California, North Carolina and Paris and finding a piece of the CA rover in France...

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
After seeing the reply made by LookingAtMars, it does just seem to be a rock.

The rough, lumpy looking left edge, and the visual depth cause by the shadow to add to it.

Still being a rock, it would be awesome if "something" carved, or ate away at the surface for temporary shelter.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: merka
"Hag stones" and stones with natural holes are all incredibly worn down and mostly round/smooth (probably by the same process that eventually made the hole itself).

That's because those stones have those shapes because of water erosion. Wind erosion, like on the image I posted, is completely different.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join