It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Anomaly...Again!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

NOT TO MENTION... the 'perfect' circle looks to be cut exactly in the middle... as the point at the bottom of this 'metal' piece looks to be in the center of the circle if a line were drawn up through the circle (it would cut it in half).

Now... If I were a flat-earther & believed the Earth is way bigger than we're being led to believe... which I'm not... I might say that we never sent a rover to Mars just like we didn't land on the moon, and this whole 'landing' thing took place on some distant piece of barren land .... on Earth.

Good thing I'm not a FEer!!

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This has got to be a piece from something we sent up there at some point in time. It looks to "machined" for lack of a better term, to be something not man made.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
GREAT FIND! I enlarged the image slightly and enhanced it. This object definitely looks like a piece of metal with a hole cut into it.

Thanks for that, it looks even more man-made now! There definitely appears to be a second circular hole to the left. It's beginning to look like some kind of pivot, maybe.

Wait a minute. If the original photo does not look metallic at all, what is the purpose of enhancing it and making it appear more man made and metallic? And then thank someone for making it appear more man made? Wtf.

What's the intent here?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Well, this one looks to me as though "An unusual shaped rock" will not suffice. It certainly looks artificial, evidenced by the perfectly circular large hole the middle of the larger piece and what appears to be another, smaller circular hole to the left, on the appendage, which in itself appears to be partially buried in the Martian surface. It looks to have a curved surface and two pointed protuberances on its extreme right edge.

I would normally say "rock" as I do for so-called anomalies on Mars, however, that perfectly circular hole just blows that explanation out of the water, for me at least.

Link to the MSL 2312 ML COMPLETE GigaPan by Neville Thompson...
www.gigapan.com...

I apologise that I can't locate the hi-res image on the NASA site, I'm not great with those things. If anybody has a better image, please feel free to add to the conversation.

Great find, what also sticks out for me is the small amount of ground from the bottom of the object looks disturbed as compared to the surrounding landscape. Kinda like it moved. Maybe after it hit the soil?

My thoughts,

Bally
edit on 11-3-2019 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Those holes occure naturally. "Hag stones"
The holes in hag stones are caused by moving water.. I didn't see any water.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

I just notice the lack of other similar stones/rocks of the same size around it!

What we need to do is look for other similar rocks to see if it is just a martian rock , if there arent any others similar then I can only assume it's manufactured!

and nature can make pretty geometric shapes to fool us into thinking its manufactured!

this is a really good find!

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

well mars was recently found to have a massive underwater resevoir or water base!
so the flowing water was originally there , now its all underground just like in total recall!

scientists find evidence of large underwater system

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The question is ...Was this bracket of some sort found any near a probe crash landing from NASA.....or any of the robots on wheels used on Mars projects?.......Fell off something somewhere obviously.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
What we need to do is look for other similar rocks to see if it is just a martian rock , if there arent any others similar then I can only assume it's manufactured!

Mars is funny like that. You'll have a lot of the same kind of rocks lying around and then out in the middle of them there will be one that is completely out of place. Happens all the time. To me, it definitely shows that Mars is not all about slow weathering. Every once in a while it gets massively pounded by meteorites and other stuff that sends rocks sailing all over the planet. Smashed and cracked bedrock with cracks filled with calcium and other materials.

And these things still have sharp edges, not worn down by the wind and sand, which would also seem to indicate that the last time it got pounded was not too long ago. My guess -- 11,600 years ago.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

some of the images of hag stones look really rough compared to that , but its hard to tell with such a low resolution shot of the stone!

but its a good theory, only thing is where are the others , surely there would be other hag stones , or adder stones in the area

because they are formed when the rock cools after volcanic activity and traps minerals in the stone which then erode faster than the surrounding rock and can create a semi circular or circular hole , so that area would have had similar mineral deposts in the surrounding rock so you'd expect other hag stones to be there too!

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Cut to the chase..

It looks like Debris, but from what?

Only 4 possibilities really.

1. Earth Junk that somehow got there.
2. Martian Junk left over from an ancient past
3. ET junk from outside our solar system left there
4. Natural rock formation that only looks like Earth, Martian, ET junk left on Mars

I vote it's a weather balloon that only looks like Earth, Martian or ET junk due to Swamp gas.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Cut to the chase..

It looks like Debris, but from what?

Only 4 possibilities really.

1. Earth Junk that somehow got there.
2. Martian Junk left over from an ancient past
3. ET junk from outside our solar system left there
4. Natural rock formation that only looks like Earth, Martian, ET junk left on Mars

I vote it's a weather balloon that only looks like Earth, Martian or ET junk due to Swamp gas.

LOL 😆

So let’s cut to the chase of that — tired of non-logical debunkers much?

I agree!

link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Aye mars is funny!

that is a really strong possibility that its from an impact or ejecta from a martian moon or something that fell to the surface !
AS it seems to be sitting quite well on the surface and doesnt appear to have great weathering or even a large layer of dust !

Hang on a minute , what's the diameter of the drill used to cut into the surface rock ?
maybe the lander previously drilled this whole as it was a particularly interesting surface rock or a meteorite and they wanted to sample its composition!
edit on 11-3-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Well, we'll never know. Nobody's going back to look at it any time soon.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Lol...definitely swamp gas....Maybe the grey aliens used zappers gun on the Mars Rovers remote control cars...l
edit on 11-3-2019 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If you look at the zoomed-in image, the hole to the left seems to have a lighter-colored edge to it - as if there was a screw or rivet there. And either his was discolored over time, or.. more likely, looks like perhaps the heat from entry darkened the metal except where the screw or rivet protected it.

For example.. zoom in on the aeroshell that is used during entry - especially the pink brackets on the right side. Looks very similar.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Well said. The "enhancement" is destructive in nature and actually changing the image. But people who have already made their mind up don't like unbiased objectivity.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Take a ridiculous guess on what it is......Mine is Grey alien zapper guns on Rovers

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Great find! I've been to the salvage yard looking for a very similar part for my old Ford pickup.

Haha...you know, something of that manner crossed my mind. Maybe there is a Ford plant on the red planet.

Damn Martians! Undercutting Mexico and China, stealing all this human jobs.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Nice find

The original image is a bayer image that has to be converted to color. Most of the MastCam images these sols are bayer for some reason. Bayer images suck because of color and resolution problems.

Here is the original image converted to color. To see it full size you have to click here to see it on Flickr because it is too large to upload to ATS.

Here is the original image cropped so it could be uploaded to ATS.

This is a crop that is enlarged x200, white balanced and equalized.

This is a crop that is enlarged x400, white balanced and equalized.

Here is a MAHLI (Hand Lens) image from sol 2309 which is 3 sols before the image in question. You can see some of the rocks in this region have some holes/dents in them. See the full size image here.

I am leaning toward it just being a rock, but this is Mars and there are no "eyeballs on the ground" so who knows.

The line running down the image is an old and known fault with the camera, not stitching.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join