It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Anomaly...Again!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well, this one looks to me as though "An unusual shaped rock" will not suffice. It certainly looks artificial, evidenced by the perfectly circular large hole the middle of the larger piece and what appears to be another, smaller circular hole to the left, on the appendage, which in itself appears to be partially buried in the Martian surface. It looks to have a curved surface and two pointed protuberances on its extreme right edge.

I would normally say "rock" as I do for so-called anomalies on Mars, however, that perfectly circular hole just blows that explanation out of the water, for me at least.

Link to the MSL 2312 ML COMPLETE GigaPan by Neville Thompson...
www.gigapan.com...

I apologise that I can't locate the hi-res image on the NASA site, I'm not great with those things. If anybody has a better image, please feel free to add to the conversation.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Whoa 😲 that ain’t natural. It looks like some type of metal bracket. Can we rule out that this isn’t something that came off of our own equipment? It does appear to be old looking.
edit on 11-3-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Good find , All I can think of is a piece of a rover fell off or it's from a probe we sent . Does not look natural I'll give you that .

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Whoa 😲 that ain’t natural. It looks like some type of metal bracket. Can we rule out that this isn’t something that came off of our own equipment?

That thought entered my head but we would need the "hows" and "whys" plus, the fragment looks pretty robust...if that's the correct term...what would it take to do that kind of damage to one of the rovers and what would be the consequences, in terms of operational functions etc?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Great find! I've been to the salvage yard looking for a very similar part for my old Ford pickup.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Can we rule out that this isn’t something that came off of our own equipment?

Nope.

Definitely looks man made.

As we'd have no idea what alien made would look like.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Good find , All I can think of is a piece of a rover fell off or it's from a probe we sent . Does not look natural I'll give you that .

It seems the obvious explanation and if the fragment could be positively identified, then we have the solution. It's the first time I have been totally convinced by one of these 'rock' pictures.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
GREAT FIND! I enlarged the image slightly and enhanced it. This object definitely looks like a piece of metal with a hole cut into it.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Great find! I've been to the salvage yard looking for a very similar part for my old Ford pickup.

Haha...you know, something of that manner crossed my mind. Maybe there is a Ford plant on the red planet.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Do you have the cords of the pic ? Would like to search the area because where theres one piece there will be another or at least odds are !

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Can we rule out that this isn’t something that came off of our own equipment?

Nope.

Definitely looks man made.

As we'd have no idea what alien made would look like.

You're absolutely right on that alien aspect. I believe the object is man-made and if it is, how long has it been there?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
GREAT FIND! I enlarged the image slightly and enhanced it. This object definitely looks like a piece of metal with a hole cut into it.

Thanks for that, it looks even more man-made now! There definitely appears to be a second circular hole to the left. It's beginning to look like some kind of pivot, maybe.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Do you have the cords of the pic ? Would like to search the area because where theres one piece there will be another or at least odds are !

My apologies, I don't. The link to the GigaPan was sent to me on Facebook, by a friend who knows of my interest in anything unusual. Will the MSL 2312 ML reference number have any bearing on where and when?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Those holes occure naturally. "Hag stones"

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
You'd think something like that would warrant a closer look. Do the NASA guys even look at these pics??

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

On the left end, also looks like a broken out bolt hole. Can also see the imprint of a washer or bolt head. Also looks like a broken out bolt hole on the right end.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Reply to Peeple:

Yes, but this object does not appear to be stone, it’s too flat and the shapes are angular.

It looks man made. Still a great find. Like I said before, it looks old and tattered.
edit on 11-3-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Those holes occure naturally. "Hag stones"

I have heard of them and I was under the impression those holes are caused by directional water flow.

link   
a reply to: Peeple

So you're saying, it's a rock?

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join