It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is division good again?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I hear many say that the elites in charge want to divide the country.....division is the goal...

Right now I am playing an advanced civilization game and I dont want my cities divided ....

So who is playing a civilization game but in reality and want division? Why is divison good for the ones in charge.

Who is constantly looking out for the people and infrastructure of the country like i do my cities in the game? Who controls the mouse and keyboard but in reality?

A very important aspect of keeping cities safe in the game are city walls. A basic form of defense.

While playing the game I make decisions that are conservative or liberal and watch the results.

The cities I make liberal decisions have a weaker defense and are constantly attacked by barbarians.

The cities I make conservative and common sense choices , seem to be the riches , most well protected and highest happiness among the people.

This reminds me of a time when every situation was put into a computer model to get an idea of possible outcomes.

Immigration for example,

If the u.s. was looking to open the door to 100,000 immigrants

A computer model would help project if it led to an increase in arrest, lack of jobs, lack of resources, increase in taxes ect.

And today it seems like this is ignored or completely not used any more because the results show their are very little benefits and a lot of consequences.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

By the 2018 midterms, it was clear that Trump’s base in the white working class isn’t the only fount of prejudice. White voters without a college degree (which generally confers higher income) support the president more than college-educated whites. But almost four in 10 of the latter back him, too. On Election Day, while Democrats won the House, millions of voters either backed white supremacists or their enablers who stand by any candidate with an R after his name.

Division?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Because and organized, armed populace keeps the govt in line, while a divided populace makes it easier for folks to miss what's important, like how corrupt congress is.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyKill

Keep telling yourself that.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Go burn a witch. Or whatever your superstition is ....

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Go burn a witch. Or whatever your superstition is ....

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

That’s a lot of prejudices you have there.

Could it be as simple as people who work want their money to go to their family over being forced by government to give their money to the government?

40% of blacks get at least one government assistance per month. How many people getting governement money is going to vote for the candidate that wants to shrink the governemt?

If you look at Trumos support among blacks and Latinos, how much you want to bet, they don’t get governement assistance.

That’s should be how polls work. Do you get anything from the government? Do you like Trump?

You think that would be a telling poll, or do you just want to keep playing the race card?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Sorry, this isn't Facebook.

You are going to get eaten alive here with those ignorant comments.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Funny how so many college educated people do not grasp simple economics. College education does not prove anything. Implying that college educated people are smart and non college educated people are not, is asinine. A lot of people, including myself opted out of that debt and picked up a trade. I have no debt and do pretty well for myself. I also teach myself things, like economics and law. There is a lot of free information out there on the internet. Some of it is bunk. That’s why I buy books.
edit on 11-3-2019 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

edit on 11-3-2019 by willzilla because: Double

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Divide and distract, confuse and extract.

Trying to make everyone work for you is older than dirt.

The path of least resistance, and all that.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
My presumption...

Those civilization games aren't operating a game based on color indifference in comparison to the real world.

Had the programmers of that game added the variables of having to side with black, white, red, blue, or whatever color of indifference prior to making choices about green... the division of your sim city would flourish as a natural byproduct of the added variables. Your avatars can't judge the person next to them, so there's no need for separation.

Just imagine what would happen to your game if you had to have a full bevvy of different influences of currency? Your avatars would likely stall their mission of green, and learn to include all of the other colors to be the primary reason the green is suffering. Divide would more likely set in as a consequence.

As long as colors of divide flourish, people should be learning the game of being color blind... IMO. All colors are just shades when using color blinders.

Grey is the new green...

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The American voter spoke loud and clear in November 2018. "Division" is what this country wants.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

"""Why is division good again?"""

It's great for Democrats who have been fighting their "war on poverty" for 50 years and have successfully kept a steady increase on poverty.

Democrats also keep screaming about "equality" yet at the same time keep placing people into groups and special columns on their spreadsheets.

Ironic isn't it 😎

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What kinda crack are you smoking?

People voted Trump because they want divided from a corrupt government.

It's too bad we got played.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Why is divison good for the ones in charge.

Division is used to create an us Vs them mentality among the supporters of the one or one's creating the division , a quick look at American politics shows it to be a good method of keeping your base support happy and occupied.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: carewemust
What kinda crack are you smoking?
People voted Trump because they want divided from a corrupt government.
It's too bad we got played.

In 2018, Americans voted to make the U.S. House Democrat-controlled, instead of Republican-controlled. That created even more division...which is apparently (like I said before) is what Americans wanted.

Is CRACK still around?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Why is division good again?

Um... is this a trick question? Doesn't this pretty much say it all:

While playing the game I make decisions that are conservative or liberal and watch the results.

The cities I make liberal decisions have a weaker defense and are constantly attacked by barbarians.

The cities I make conservative and common sense choices , seem to be the riches , most well protected and highest happiness among the people.

You sacrifice some for the benefit of others. While some are fighting for their survival every day, keeping the enemies busy at bay, the others are enjoying the fruits of their labor.

Pretty simple.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'd say Trump is the guy trying to do what's best for the country. Like lowing the corporate tax rate to bring big business back to the US in return for jobs. He is also putting his foot down on trade and trying to get fair trade deals with all the other countries around the world. Currently been fighting China for a good while now to prevent them from stealing our intellectual property. Put tariffs on Steel and aluminum to push the US to start producing our own again for national security reasons. Trying to build a border wall to prevent exploitation from terrorists, drug cartels, and human traffickers.

It's the globalists that want to divide us. The same people that control people like Maxine Waters, Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush, Nancy Pelosi, etc. That's why they never get anything done because they aren't looking out for the citizens of the US. They're looking out for their special interests that fund their election campaigns. That's why you have bills like "For the People Act", but when you read it, it shows that they want another tax on taxpayers to fund their campaigns. Same # different day.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: willzilla
Funny how so many college educated people do not grasp simple economics. College education does not prove anything. Implying that college educated people are smart and non college educated people are not, is asinine. A lot of people, including myself opted out of that debt and picked up a trade. I have no debt and do pretty well for myself. I also teach myself things, like economics and law. There is a lot of free information out there on the internet. Some of it is bunk. That’s why I buy books.

Are you implying that a degree in transgender asexuality studies and a minor in eating glue does not qualify one to be a financial advisor or head the Federal Reserve? Preposterous. Every college grad with a useless degree knows everything, just ask them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join