It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mathematical Analysis of the Star of Bethlehem

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So if Jesus got all these great gifts from the "Three Kings" of the Orient, that probably made him a pretty wealthy guy, and not just some carpenter / boat repairer schlub.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Great reply

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Here is one for you ! Did it ever cross your synapses that astrological events were recorded and passed on in writing and in lore . These events were simply applied to all kinds of births and deaths real and mythological ! I saw a shooting star the other night ! So I wrote it down , because I knew that shooting star was a sign that a Sasquatch was born ! The next sighting of a Bigfoot will prove that it was foretold by the stars and I can prove it with my Old Squatch Testament that only I wrote . Wait I’m sorry my example is so non believable let’s go back to yours ! Come on ! Priest are tree jumpers Jews and Muslims are not happy until they can kill all non believers ! Could we move on with the story and except it as myth ?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
There were thousands of children born under that celestial event ! We just need to find their stories in a desert cave and all this will become clear ! The wise men if real were thought to be Zoaraster astrologers who attributed their bowel movements to the stars ! The stars tell lots of people what to do ! Our fantasy sections in the library , prison and mental hospitals are filled with these folks !

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Free will is a myth ! Our brain knows what we will do always before our consciousness does ! The delay in this system appears to be free will ! Your on the wrong side of history in this debate ! We are animals that have the bum luck of observing our internal program reflected off the knowledge of death ! We are apes that know we are apes that’s all ! All other natural animalistic laws apply to us as well !

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
There have been many bizarre astrological events that are extremely rare seen and unseen before Jesus’s birth and after ! Where are those virgin birthed God childs ? Under your prime mover logic any rare astrological event is supernatural or even better prophecy ! Prophecy of the Old Testament was self fulfilled in writing and myth only ! Not hard to fulfill when you are reading the instructions for what you need to write down to legitamize your New screw loose Testsnent ! Try harder please and read Joseph Campbell it’s very easy to understand his writings !!

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Ah I love reason ! You sir have it !

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yes and to think something so big as god born a man through holly spirit relations was only picked up by 3 dirt merchants from the east ? Oh wait that’s because Jesus was about humbleness and would not want a full blown party drawing attention to himself or to those new born baby boy killers that god ( Jesus himself ) created a super rare cosmological event so his birth could fly under the radar and into obscurity of wood working until he said “ that’s it time to become god to the people “ I guess the world did not need salvation until Jesus finished his carpentry jobs ! Religious people should be on meds and serious adult supervision !

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

I'm pretty sure most people realize it was not an actual star they followed...

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SulfurMercurySalt
Yes and to think something so big as god born a man through holly spirit relations was only picked up by 3 dirt merchants from the east ? Oh wait that’s because Jesus was about humbleness and would not want a full blown party drawing attention to himself or to those new born baby boy killers that god ( Jesus himself ) created a super rare cosmological event so his birth could fly under the radar and into obscurity of wood working until he said “ that’s it time to become god to the people “ I guess the world did not need salvation until Jesus finished his carpentry jobs ! Religious people should be on meds and serious adult supervision !

3? Where did that number come from? Someone with not a lot of Bible knowledge but still likes to speak on the matter with authority?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

There were thousands of children born under that celestial event ! We just need to find their stories in a desert cave and all this will become clear ! The wise men if real were thought to be Zoaraster astrologers who attributed their bowel movements to the stars ! The stars tell lots of people what to do ! Our fantasy sections in the library , prison and mental hospitals are filled with these folks !

I guess it was just a coincidence that Jesus existence fulfilled like, a thousand prophecies to the letter...

Either way, we weren't there. We don't really know for sure what happened. But that's not enough for some people. Some people have a very weak ego and are extremely insecure about their intelligence, so they take comfort in going a couple steps further and pretending like they do know, and mocking others who think differently than they.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

There have been many bizarre astrological events that are extremely rare seen and unseen before Jesus’s birth and after ! Where are those virgin birthed God childs ? Under your prime mover logic any rare astrological event is supernatural or even better prophecy ! Prophecy of the Old Testament was self fulfilled in writing and myth only ! Not hard to fulfill when you are reading the instructions for what you need to write down to legitamize your New screw loose Testsnent ! Try harder please and read Joseph Campbell it’s very easy to understand his writings !!

The people from 2000 years ago used a word that was translated into the word we know as "star", so that means it was definitely an astronomical event they were describing because they had the exact same definition of "star" as we do! /sarc

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: DpatC

The author makes some incredible assumptions based on very little evidence
You can’t look at biblical statements with your presentism mindset
A star, could have been any type of light in the night sky, maybe Caesar’s comet as sookie suggested

Reality we have no idea what it was and assumption is silly

This guy gets it ☝️

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
So if Jesus got all these great gifts from the "Three Kings" of the Orient, that probably made him a pretty wealthy guy, and not just some carpenter / boat repairer schlub.

And?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The stars tell us when to wake , plant crops , harvest and go to bed ! The Septuagint was used to fulfill through made up myth the New Testament ! Talk to a patristics scholar once ! Your head will peel back when you learn the history of the Bible ! Many people leave Christianity when they go off to school to become priest or pastors , because all they were taught is wrong and rather than all the biblical answers being in neat boxes they are a complete mess ! 30 days spent by 1400 plus men from Asia and Europe to agree on one book to rule them all ( Contatine , Eusibus and the Nicean meeting ) Sounds like a great Idea ! NOT ! Tolkien took years to write the LOTR’s , oh wait god inspired the Nicean creed ? Why not just create the book from fiat ? It would have saved time , translation problems and the most important part of God’s plan ! The death of I’m sure billions of deaths by now ! Yep that is proof a sensible pragmatic loving god ! Sign me up ! When do I get my sword and marching orders ! Were you agreeing with me or presenting an anti thesis ?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The number 3 comes from songs not antiquity or mythical history ! 1-12 people may have followed regulus , but the 3 wise men are easy for people to recipitulate their childhood myth stories ! I’m a ex Christian if 35 yrs who left this story of opposition and an abusive jealous god who needs blood spilled for all atonement and even his son had to die to appease old angry dad ! Please don’t go on a duatribe about Jesus and the New Testament being a book of peace ! Quite the opposite I’ve been to St Catherine’s (Egypt)where one of Eusibus’s 50 original bibles was kept ! Read the Sinaiticus Bible ( codex) It’s one of two of the earliest bibles known to man ! Don’t read it if you don’t want to question most of what you know about your omitted and added to bible ! All I need is a bible to disprove itself ! You know you are going to at least 3 other hells in other holy books ! You better get busy workin your salvation out lol

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Add to that that our conversational English did not differentiate astronomy and astrology until Chaucer did so in The Cantebaury Tales (Stoopid autocorrectives works on words you mean to eff-up and is worthless on the others!)

I suspect that a lot has been lost in translation. And I am not learning ancient Aramaic to explain that written words thrice translated does not a mathematical model make!

Forsooth for a fortnight and ‘Swounds! Doth thou fancy a face palm!!??

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
👍😉

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
When my pet wolverine #s in my cave I rub his face into his stupid behavior so that he learn ! How are religious nutters diffrent ! Religion has caused more mayhem than satan and death himself ! I give zero slack to stupidity ! Though you are trying to be pragmatic types like you who try to ref between reason and science and caveman belief systems are worse than both the sides fighting ! No one is building bombs because of Horus’s story . The news is just bursting with tales of Aseopists or Homerists that are bombing , raping boys and mutilating women ! Grow a pair ! Get off the veggie burgers ! I don’t care their are people of faith just be silent and quiet about it ! I get it you religious types are all waiting for god to return and punish all who disagree ! So why can’t I punish it is what religion teaches through opposition to nature and reason ! Would you suggest not fighting stupidity in our universities ? Or under your logic the thesis and anti thesis don’t need a dialectic , because god or the non belief of god is good enough !!! Your move Sisyphus or keep on aggrandizing your Jesus story !

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
When my pet wolverine #s in my cave I rub his face into his stupid behavior so that he learn ! How are religious nutters diffrent ! Religion has caused more mayhem than satan and death himself ! I give zero slack to stupidity ! Though you are trying to be pragmatic types like you who try to ref between reason and science and caveman belief systems are worse than both the sides fighting ! No one is building bombs because of Horus’s story . The news is just bursting with tales of Aseopists or Homerists that are bombing , raping boys and mutilating women ! Grow a pair ! Get off the veggie burgers ! I don’t care their are people of faith just be silent and quiet about it ! I get it you religious types are all waiting for god to return and punish all who disagree ! So why can’t I punish it is what religion teaches through opposition to nature and reason ! Would you suggest not fighting stupidity in our universities ? Or under your logic the thesis and anti thesis don’t need a dialectic , because god or the non belief of god is good enough !!! Your move Sisyphus or keep on aggrandizing your Jesus story !

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join