It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR1 Voting registration denial or acceptance REQUIRED BEfORE your ALLOWED to enroll in College

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
(post by KellyKill removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

(post by KellyKill removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Just one step shy of what North Korea does. Their young people have to register to vote, or else.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Seems like the Democrats really want the kids voting for them.

I wouldn’t blame’em, tho. The only people voting for their ideas right now are brainless and uneducated people.

Has a more true statement ever been made?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I can't understand the direction our government is going in with this party war going on. Time to disallow any Democrats and Republicans from being allowed to run for congress. We need to overhaul our political system. These party members, the Democrats lately being the worst, are not working for the good of all people in our countries, the congressman represents every one in his state, the Democratic candidate is bound to represent even the Republican voters in his district. Our system is now broken so bad that it cannot be fixed.

Just because a politician gets ten thousand more votes out of a million people than the other candidate of a different party does not mean he can ignore the interests of the other voters in his district. That congressman represents everyone, not just those who voted for him or her.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I wouldn’t blame’em, tho. The only people voting for their ideas right now are brainless and uneducated people.

How does registering to vote or not registering make people vote Democrat? This would help ALL parties get more people registered and young people swing more independent so again how is this forcing kids to vote Democrat?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I don't think it's so much a political party issue here, as it is a bad idea in general. Let's register everyone to vote, even if they don't want to, even if they have no understanding of the systems of government in place in this country. As I said in a previous post, once everyone is registered there exists a greater propensity to abuse that system.

For example, say I'm freshly 18 and now automatically registered to vote, however like a lot of 18 year olds I have no interest in the political system of the country, so I do not exercise my right. Fast forward 10 years and I've now taken an interest in voting, about learning policies and politics of various candidates, and I choose to exercise my right. I go to my local voting location and intend to vote for one party in particular (doesn't matter who), and am told that I've been registered and have voted for another party (still doesn't matter who) for the previous 10 years.

Are there systems in place to combat that type of fraud? Would it actually be investigated at all? Aside from incarceration or documentation proving you were out of the country/state/city etc. how would that process work? That's one of the scariest outcomes to me, it seems to promote voter fraud even more.

Now that's not my largest problem with this bill, my largest would be - SEC. 303A. Permitting use of sworn written statement to meet identification requirements. Let's just take people at their word that they are who they say they are, because no fraud ever could possibly stem from this.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
Now that's not my largest problem with this bill, my largest would be - SEC. 303A. Permitting use of sworn written statement to meet identification requirements. Let's just take people at their word that they are who they say they are, because no fraud ever could possibly stem from this.

Right. It doesn't even matter what else is in this bill, THAT alone is grounds for shooting it down. That little clause would effectively destroy what integrity the voting process has left.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

While kids voting is a ridiculous notion, yet not above something the left would push for... it's even more concerning that the left condones illegals voting.

Which means that the left is 'concerned' about foreign interference in our elections (Russian hoax) unless it's illegals from foreign countries voting for democrats - once again, you can't fathom this level of hypocrisy... except something of this level comes to light every week from the democrats. Yet.... it's.... but but but but Trump bad + CNN = anti-American brainwashed democrats

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

How does registering to vote or not registering make people vote Democrat?

Who said that?

My point, if they're pushing this agenda, they're probably aiming to use these voters in their favor.

Or do you sincerely believe they'd put up for anything except their own agenda?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join