It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR1 Voting registration denial or acceptance REQUIRED BEfORE your ALLOWED to enroll in College

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The actual text of this proposed bill is SHOCKING this is just one nugget i found in here not to mention the PRE REQUIREMENT of 16 and 17 year olds to register with a party even when not eligible to vote

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN WASHINGTON DC FOLKS!!!! i thought this was the land of the free!!??

each registration of a student for enrollment in a course of study, cannot be completed until the individual is given the opportunity to decline to be registered to vote.
Heres another....
Treatment of individuals under 18 years of age.—A State may not refuse to treat an individual as an eligible individual for purposes of this part on the grounds that the individual is less than 18 years of age at the time a contributing agency receives information with respect to the individual, so long as the individual is at least 16 years of age at such time.

A long read to be sure but if you want to really know then read it you'll be shocked !!!!

www.congress.gov...
edit on 11-3-2019 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Seems like the Democrats really want the kids voting for them.

I wouldn’t blame’em, tho. The only people voting for their ideas right now are brainless and uneducated people.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

That they do.

They want kids voting to deny themselves constitutional protections like being able to buy a firearm.

So a kid can vote in elections but can't buy a firearm until 21, but still are covered under their mommy and daddys insurance until 25 thanks to the Affordable Shaft Act.

D's do love their inconsistency.

And that's not even covering 14 year olds getting abortions, and gender dysphoric teens doing irreparable damage to their yet underdeveloped bodies.

I have nothing but contempt for the party of the donkey.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It's an open coup on the entirety of the voting system that puts the all votes squarely in to the democrat party & if you weren't paying attention the last election was proof of sever vote manipulation everybody knows it but no one is going to do squat about it because it's " just too much" to quote someone in DC .....

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Do you have to register to a party to be able to vote in the USA?.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MyToxicTash

No. It's not required for the Presidential elections but some states require it to vote in the specific primaries, e.g. register as a Democrat to vote in the Democratic primaries.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ah I get it now cheers dude it's like Labour folk voting for their leader over here.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: TheJesuit

I wouldn’t blame’em, tho. The only people voting for their ideas right now are brainless and uneducated people.

Ummm...the kids...the dead...the Illegal aliens...the family dog...the vacationer...

They have the polling stations booked as a tour...helps these downtrodden to vote...and vote often...for the candidate of their choice naturally...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Let's not forget trying to screw with the electoral college! What do they have now? Twelve to sixteen states going to have their votes go with the nations popular vote?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I've read through the first part of the bill, and that was enough for me to give a hard no on it. Not that my opinion matters really. If something like this gets passed, it's only a matter of time before "Oh hey buddy I see you voted for X in the last election" "I didn't vote..." doesn't matter, you were registered and there's going to be no one to prove you didn't.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Let's not forget trying to screw with the electoral college! What do they have now? Twelve to sixteen states going to have their votes go with the nations popular vote?

Isn't that unconstitutional? How can a state's electoral give those electoral to the candidate with the popular vote? Why don't they want everyone to have a voice when it doesn't benefit them?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: seeker1963

Isn't that unconstitutional? How can a state's electoral give those electoral to the candidate with the popular vote? Why don't they want everyone to have a voice when it doesn't benefit them?

You would think? It will be one HUGE SNAFU after the next election. We are already witnessing our own government officials orchestrating a coup on our country. Just wait for chaos leading up to and the snipstorm after.

The only thing that can save us from this rogue government is a convention of states OR another civil war.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Isn't that unconstitutional?

There are enough arguments for and against that you would need it to be practically applied and then have a suit take it to the Supreme Court for a definitive ruling.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Social dominance orientation (SDO)—which is distinct but related to authoritarian personality syndrome—refers to people who have a preference for the societal hierarchy of groups, specifically with a structure in which the high-status groups have dominance over the low-status ones. Those with SDO are typically dominant, tough-minded, and driven by self-interest.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Civil war?

Consider Trump’s torrent of lies, his admiration for foreign dictators, his off-hand jokes about being “president for life” (Xi Xinping “was able to do that,” he told admirers in March. “I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll give that a shot some day.”), and his increasing invocation of a “deep state” plot against him.

The United States is premised on an agreement about how to deal with our disagreements. It’s called the Constitution. We trust our system of government enough that we abide by its outcomes even though we may disagree with them. Only once in our history—in 1861—did enough of us distrust the system so much we succumbed to civil war.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyToxicTash
Do you have to register to a party to be able to vote in the USA?.

You have to register, but it doesn’t have to be to either of the two major parties or even the independent party.

For example, I’m registered as an NPA or Non Party Affiliate. I can vote in local, state, and federal elections, but not in the primaries.

Some states allow independents to vote in the primaries.

Also, if I remember correctly, when you register to the D or R parties they get money allocated to them per registered citizen. That’s something I simply cannot have on my conscience.

The party is over!

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyKill

Only once in our history—in 1861—did enough of us distrust the system so much we succumbed to civil war.

Not the greatest of examples for your point, considering our civil war was against Democrats who thought they didn't need to follow the laws of the US government...

And here we are again...

edit on 11-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyKill

I think the war will be in the courts .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join