It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth is somewhere else.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I want to address an important question or topics that resonates throughout ATS about Aliens, God, Conspiracies, and in some cases "The Meaning of Life". First, I'll say that I believe attending churches or "holy ground" for prayer and/or searching for purpose in anything is unnecessary for the survival of mankind. I think we can safely unanimously hold unto that belief, or at least the majority here on ATS can. Religions or organized religions has done really nothing significantly positive for us as a human race, if you really think about it, and because of this lack of progressive movement on our spiritual, emotional, and intellectual wellness, we must look a little closer to what the reality is. Whether we'll know the absolute truth one day on who is "The One" to save us all in the last days or.. know one day everything we need to know about "Aliens/UFOs" before actual "contact" or "rapture", is almost impossible to know. We all could make up our minds on what is more real to us in terms of what is actually more truthful, and if this helps you live a more productive life, then so be it. I think my perspective is that I'm frustrated over the fact that we live in chaotic times where the truth is almost a monumental task to find out or try to figure out. Or if you say you know the truth, you still cannot be absolutely certain. You can probably figure out why we're at this point in our life that everything needs to be questioned, pounced to the very end until we are completely satisfied that what we've learned is "The Truth". We can play the game of possibilites, probabilities, and consistantly strong evidence, but at what point will you say "Yes, this is the absolute truth." I believe there is far too many questions unanswered and far too many truths kept hidden from the people that I think for all of humankind to finally know "The Truth" one day we're gonna have to conjure up large amounts of courage and infiltrate the government to demand what they know, if anything, about Extraterrestrial life and what other important information, if any, regarding our planet's future, history, or current status. To say that our government is not looking out for us is in itself an important truth. Our government must, and I must emphasis this, they must be in possession of "proof" somewhere, some kind of "truth" locked away, that can really open our eyes. Opening our eyes, making it a little easier for us to know what is real and what is not real. What is false and what is valid. Where to go and where not to go, and so on. So far, I have not been impressed with the people, especially us as Americans, to gather together as an unrelenting force, a stampede, or a "War for Truth" so to speak, to get somebody to present us with ulimate knowledge, or simply have our questions answered even if that answer or truth is too hard to face. But it must be done on a scale that has never been seen before. So yes, I say start with our own government, start a fight, and pry away as much information as possible, because new undiscovered information is what is going to finally unlock this mystery.

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear."
--Harry S. Truman

[edit on 1-3-2005 by eudaimonia]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The truth is somewhere else. Organized religion is created by man, not God. It is used in oder to control mankind. We must have the nerve to take back the government. The problem is that after all the time that television (the main culprit) and other media has controlled our culture to the point that they are on some kind of cruise control and just kick back and let everything happen.

Maybe the first thing to do is after these thousands of years of the church being a controlling mechanism, is to take it back. Make people realize that it is not the true word of God, but the interpitation of man for control. First take back the church, and then the people may be easier to awaken.

Just some thoughts...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
A noble cause to be sure.

But most of the time we can't even get the majority of citizens to agree on minor issues, so getting a "critical mass" on such a very important topic is likely to be either:

A.) A LONG LONG LONG ways off.

B.) An impossibility due to a hagellian system of "divide and conquer" forced upon us.

Because that's what it all boils down to. I mean that's the key to their control and why things are done at their leisure. The poor little paupers can't seem to form a common ground on enough to ever effect any real change on their lives as a whole.

"My how strange and fortunate for the ruling elite it is that man can be held captive for such a length of time that he will eventually choose to forget he was bound against his will, and even grow to love and protect the very captor who placed him in bondage." - X

X

join