It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Taken a Breath and Stepped Backwards?

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I turned sideways and got a piece of hay behind my sunglasses tonight in the wind as I was feeding the animals. Sometimes those little pieces of hay hurt in your eye and they don't come out easily.

I was furiously rubbing my eye as I couldn't open either of them. I had to turn away and pay attention to my eye. I thought I'd finally got the piece out of my eye, but both of my eyes were watering badly. This was going to take a minute to recover.

I realized I was rushing, as I often do. I didn't know what for, but I was hurrying. Seems I always hurry sometimes. I don't know why.

It wasn't particularly cold outside, actually kind of nice really (except for the wind). As I cleared my watery eyes, I had to stop myself and ask why I was hurrying so much. There was no rush. The animals were all content, and there was just nothing to rush for.

I stepped back and put my hay fork down and just stood there for a few minutes. Before me was an absolutely beautiful sunset over the Rocky Mountains in the distance. The wind had cast a beautiful orange shadow as the Sun set behind the front range. How blessed was I? Who else could see that like I could??? Not many. And, for all the times when I really do have to rush for one reason or another, tonight was not one of those nights.

You know, there are sayings like... "take time to smell the roses"...but so many times these words are just lost on us in the hustle of daily life.

Sometimes, the simplest things can be the most rewarding. One day, all this property will be someone else's and all these wonderful animals will be gone. Maybe, just maybe, I should just take a little more time to drink it all in...Gawd knows, we've worked hard enough for it all.

Next time you feel like you don't have time to see the world around you...stop...and tell yourself you really do have time. Time is fleeting, and we can never go back.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

What a lovely post, I liked this..

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
“To find clear water go to the head of the stream”

Credit that to some old anonymous hillbilly.

My Grandpa told me that when I was young .

BTW safety glasses ?
edit on 10-3-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Dbl
edit on 10-3-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

A beautiful post that reminds me that sometimes I need to do the same.

It's been a hard winter, but that doesn't excuse stopping and looking around at what it actually is... to drink in the wonder of it all.

You feel about your property the same way I do, so it resonated.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
What is a beautiful post,thing is beauty us all around us and yes we must stop and appreciate it for awhile. It's not just our surroundings but the people in our lives as well. Was thinking so much lately of my Dad, but then thought here I am thinking of him and I've still got my Mom around she's a blessing too, going to mess around and not have her to talk with too if I don't watch out. Most everything is fleeting or changing, so yea I'm going to stop and breathe and appreciate.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Thank you for the reminder. And yes God knows.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Another amazing thing is you pinch your tongue with two fingers and say "apples and bananas".

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   

My Father has a horse stud ( thoroubreds ) in the country.

Night skies there are simply spectacular ! Seeing the milky way in all its glory, with a horse nuzzling you is one of those things that money can't buy ...

😎

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Absolutely beautiful post! Thank you for sharing your lovely thoughts with us! Sorry about the hay in your eye though.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   

So, I think God poked you in the eye and made you take a moment in time to reflect and observe!

I thank Him for that and for you in sharing your moment. It was very beautiful and heartfelt.

Made me feel good.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I have to touch the wind, but yet it won't let me, so I search for the end of the rainbow.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Well said and very nice!

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I took a very deep breath once , stepped back, and fell on my arse.

The clouds looked rather nice looking up from the ground.

new topics

top topics

join