It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof the opposition to Trumps wall, is nothing but Trump.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

"President Trump hurt millions of Americans and caused widespread chaos when he recklessly shut down the government to try to get his expensive and ineffective wall, which he promised would be paid for by Mexico," Schumer and Pelosi said. "Congress refused to fund his wall and he was forced to admit defeat and reopen the government. The same thing will repeat itself if he tries this again. We hope he learned his lesson.

www.foxnews.com...

I mean, it's was pretty clear already, but some still try to come up with reasons a wall won't work, although the old one did seem to do a decent job and was popular with the Clinton/Obama folks in the past. Yes, the risk to national security isn't as important as teaching Donald a lesson. And the lesson is, We rule this government, not you, and not the people, Nancy and Chuck. It's their moment of glory and you are ruining it.

And as always, Justice for Jussie!

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I find it stupid that Trump wants 8.5 billion for the wall when the shut down cost us over 11 billion. If it happens like that again then they are truly fools.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

the cost of the shutdown didn't get used for the wall thought, it was used for the shutdown. But as long as Trump learned his lesson, the $ aren't really an issue.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
I find it stupid that Trump wants 8.5 billion for the wall when the shut down cost us over 11 billion. If it happens like that again then they are truly fools.

I find it stupid that anyone would be against a secure border. I can understand if someone has the view that a wall would be ineffective, and therefore a waste of $, but those charged with border enforcement disagree almost universally.

Most of the dems that are vehemently against Trump's wall have voted for funding multiple times in the recent past. What does that tell you? A hippocrit is far worse to me that someone i disagree with, but stands on their principles.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

What's stupid is not spending 25 billion to save 250 billion.

But the left hasn't ever been good with math... they still keep trying to tell me that if they take more money out of my pocket then I will have more money.

To the OP, nice catch... might as well cut and paste the quote in a document, because God knows how many times you are going to have to use it on ATS...

link   
a reply to: network dude

?? and he has exactly what to do with your thread?

link   

government of the people, by the people, for the people

Such an old fashioned idea that many politicians no longer believe n it.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

That's because the people are too apathetic to bother doing anything about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: roadgravel

That's because the people are too apathetic to bother doing anything about it.

Out of curiosity, what do you suggest?

Short of civil war, which i doubt would solve anything, there is nothing ppl can do but vote.

The problem is most ppl are sheep, being led by the soundbites they get from a self serving media. In their defense, most are too busy attempting to take care of their families to sift through all the disinformation.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

In their defense, most are too busy attempting to take care of their families to sift through all the disinformation.

Yup, thats about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
the wall is a political tool,,,,visual political masturbation,,,both sides can see it and get pleasure from it

the wall doesn't change the fact that there are 25+ million criminals illegals in america

take your pick, if you think that the criminal illegals are working or not

if they are not working, then they are either living off your tax money because i don't see the criminals dying on the streets
or
they are employed and that means that they are taking jobs from americans plus...

do you think the criminals are taking less money than americans for doing the same work??

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The number is a standard negotiation tactic that he’s using on the Democrats .

Trump doesn’t want $8 .5 billion.

He probably wants around $4 billion .

Pretty good tactic too.

If the Democrats only end up giving him half it will look like a win for them .

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Not only taking jobs but driving down wages.

In my area even dishwashers start at $14 per hour.

I first hand know a restaurant that will only hire illegals because the can pay them $9- $11 an hour.

If you are legal/American and apply your application goes straight into the trash can.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Not speaking for watchandwait310, but i took the point to be it's akin to driving 75 miles to save 2 cents a gallon on gas.

It would have cost less to just give him the $.

It just proves the point that the pols who argue about the expense are being dishonest.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I have no solution, and yes you're right also most people raising families not only don't have time but live in fear of losing the kids, the house etc.
edit on 10-3-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
while I don't like some of the things PRESIDENT TRUMP has done because they have presented a vast amount of difficulties, for me and others, I use to hear...someone needs to get the corrupt out, they need to stomp out foodstamp fraud,etc. many, too many to count. he has done great as far as all up to the wall....maybe, just maybe there is something we don't see,. you need to scrape a house before you paint it, who cares who builds it? Could he be building it to keep us in!!! Look to the things that aren't such big news. there you will find your answers. like the pandemic in Africa, an Venezuela, virus!! hello, fight to live my friends,

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

My bad I grabbed my comment about trumps tactics out of the middle. Because I’ve noticed a lot of people make ss that aspect .

I dismissed the $11 billion figure because a lot of it is recoverable and it doesn’t really matter . ( my mind works weird stuff that doesn’t matter doesn’t register sometimes ) lol

Most of it was federal spending, suspension of federal contracts and such. When federal employees got their money back they still had to pay the debts they owed or pay back the money they borrowed to cover those debts .

The contractors went back to work and they will be paid because it’s in their contract .

The private sector got the worst of it . I heard a figure from the CBO of 3 billion.

edit on 10-3-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Agree completely. The money lost due to the shutdown figure is completely arbitrary, and bogus.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=24246887]

LOL what kind of justice you looking for?

I think Justice would be for him to serve 10 years of hard time....was going to say 20, but you can murder and do less than that.

Although, he could have encouraged unrest, riots and that could have led to innocent people being killed....so it has to be extreme to stop all the idiots faking racial assaults.

Most if not all the assaults I see are targeting Trump supporters.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It's definitely not about the money.

I really like her new wording "newly arrived legal immigrants". In a video released i believe yesterday she also refers to the illegals as the "newcomers".

......and to think people still don't see this is an invasion and a attack on our sovereignty as a nation. The Democratic party should be hung for treason. These scumbag dem leaders are traitors, plain and simple. The amount of people in this country that can't see and acknowledge this for what it is, is baffling to me to say the least. America is being sold out for Democratic votes, they no longer care about the citizens of this country, it's all about power and greed, period.

Hasta la vista USA as you know it!

Read this paragraph top to bottom carefully and let it sink in for a few.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said the United States must not suppress the vote of newly arrived legal immigrants — including those foreign nationals who arrive en masse at the U.S.-Mexico border.

During a press conference in Austin, Texas this week, Pelosi admitted that the goal for the country’s mass illegal and legal immigration system is to ensure the more than 1.5 million new arrivals who come to the U.S. every year are on the voter rolls.

Pelosi added that it is immigrants, not American citizens, who make the nation “more American.”

top topics

<<   2 >>

join