It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Torres Guitar and Francisco Tarrega

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Today, the guitar is one of the most well known and commonly used instruments, loved for its versatility and portability. It can be heard in music of all genres and has earned its place in the world of instruments.
Much of the respectability and omnipresence of the guitar hinges heavily on two 19th century Spanish men-- Antonio Torres, who innovated the original design of the instrument to a more sonorous result (www.britannica.com...), and Francisco Tarrega, who had studied both guitar and piano from a young age and who got his hands on one of the earliest Torres guitars when he was 22 years old.
The match between the Torres guitar and Tarrega proved to be harmonious and fruitful. Tarrega not only transposed the works of Beethoven, Chopin, Mendelsshon, and others, but he also composed prolific original work for the guitar.
His bio reveals a wonderful story of a boy born to a flamenco guitarist, who was encouraged to play both guitar and piano (the respected instrument of the day), who was sent to Barcelona at the age of 10 to study under the famous Julian Arcas, who chose not to return home from this tutelage but rather to "run away" at 10 and play guitar in coffee shops and restaurants. His father was forced to fetch him several times after the boy ran off, including one time with a band of gypsies in Valencia.
Read more of the master's life here:
www.maestros-of-the-guitar.com...
Now for the fun part.. the music!

There are many other compositions to check out if you like this one.

Hope you're having a great day!

edit on 10-3-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I have been learning a lot of classical guitar lately and Francisco Tarrega was the one that got me interested in learning it....a random video that popped up in my youtube feed started it all.

I have a handful of songs under my belt but am all over the place musically.

The lady in my signature was a child prodigy and is incredible, she has some online clinics I have been checking out but its hard to concentrate when I am looking at dream woman!!

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

What a gorgeous recording. Her version has a lighter touch, it is quite lovely. I don't blame you for being distracted, Drums.

Youtube algorithm brought Tarrega and many other artists I would never have known about to my attention. I am a bit hypocritical in my anti algorithm information gathering stance when it comes to music, I must admit.

Have a good one, and good luck on those tutorials!

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

From YouTube algorithm:

I like to read the comments.

Flamenco Guitar Lessons Online School
1 year ago (edited)

I am so sick from Tarrega's Capricho, but I listened to Isabel's performance from the beginning to the end, and for my own listening pleasure... Gracias Isabel guapa, tIenes un sentido increible, y muchisimo talento...

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena
Ha, picturing an online instructor here after hearing numerous labored renditions from students, glutted on Tarrega's Capricho.

Luckily for my ears, it's still fresh.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Since your thread died, I'll bump it with this.
Her technique is incredible....I can get the left hand, its the right hand that ends up killing me because I haven't practiced that picking technique very much.

edit on 13-3-2019 by DrumsRfun because: fixed link

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Thanks, Drums!
Sadly, that vid is not playing for me. What's the name of the artist and song so I can check it out?

Hope you're having a great day

Oh haha nevermind I always post too quickly. I'll check her out now!
edit on 13-3-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Incredible. She's so talented and very beautiful as well.
How about this one--Charo-- so over the TOP! I always kinda saw her as a funny caricature when I heard about her as a kid but recently found out that she really can play! One more Recuerdos haha

It is that picking hand that is so impressive. She hardly looks like she's moving hers!

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Yes, she is very beautiful...I never want to meet her in real life in case it messes up the image I have in my head.
Sometimes a dream should stay a dream.

Wow, I had no clue she could play!!
I think I can actually hear her influences in the way she plays....I could be wrong though.

Here is another one I have been checking out...I like his softness.

I do it in the key of C since I learned it that way...I haven't done it in D yet but I still think its nice.

I didn't realize the link didn't...bad day for links I guess?

www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-3-2019 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2019 by DrumsRfun because: Damn linky computery things

new topics

top topics

join