It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Post I received this morning...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Calling the man hypocritical because he is from a country that committed some of the worst atrocities of recent history is not only asinine but a key symptom of what is wrong with the world. If everyone would stop wanting to even the score before cementing the peace and letting old hatreds die we would be at peace.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Yeah, and sometimes the room mate makes a big assed mistake and blames it on someone else.
Also might I add that the "problem" is made by the administration.

Yeah, and somtimes it turns out to be a good decision that helps out the household. It goes both ways. I didn't deny that mistakes aren't made, but my point is that while some work is dirty and no one wants to do it, it still needs to be done.

We are already slowly starting to see the payoff with Iraqi voters, Iraqi protesters against terrorists, Afghanistan rebuilding, & people in Lebanon rising up. You can't deny that its possible that this region is up for major change for the better.

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sugarlump
Calling the man hypocritical because he is from a country that committed some of the worst atrocities of recent history is not only asinine but a key symptom of what is wrong with the world. If everyone would stop wanting to even the score before cementing the peace and letting old hatreds die we would be at peace.

Agreed 100%!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
My quote was

And i also think a tad hypocritical too.

" a tad" as in a bit

Ask the few remaing Jews who survived the concentration camps if they can forgive what happened. Hell, havent we just commemorated the holocaust? To remember what they went through?

Its very hard to forgive and forget, even in the name of peace.

[edit on 03/12/04 by Bikereddie]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Beautiful! A very refreshing post. Thanks for contributing it. And I can't help but notice how weak the posts are from those trying to pour cold water on it. Truth and the courage to perservere will always win. This is the lesson of Churchill, Reagan and, eventually, Bush.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
Beautiful! A very refreshing post. Thanks for contributing it. And I can't help but notice how weak the posts are from those trying to pour cold water on it. Truth and the courage to perservere will always win. This is the lesson of Churchill, Reagan and, eventually, Bush.

Not sure if my posts are weak, thats if i was included in your statement, but hey, i can take constructive critisism.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
BikerE, I don't want to stray off topic, but no, it was a general comment, and I didn't direct it at any one poster.

But now that you've drawn my attention to it, I would call it very weak to taint someone today by making an irrelevant connection to notorious people and events they had nothing to do with, save for the coincidence of nationality.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
BikerE, I don't want to stray off topic, but no, it was a general comment, and I didn't direct it at any one poster.

But now that you've drawn my attention to it, I would call it very weak to taint someone today by making an irrelevant connection to notorious people and events they had nothing to do with, save for the coincidence of nationality.

Like i said. I can take constructive critisism.

If you look at my first post about the statement, i actually gave the guy some credit for his stance.
I also quoted a paragraph that, in my opinion was a "tad" hypocritical.
Thats all it was, my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join