It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My life in Asia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

What was the guy making on that spinning wheel?

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Thank you for letting me know.

It is very hard to find out what life is like for the Chinese. I was thinking how strange that the OP could see ATS in China. Luckily Japan is pretty free like we are in the West.

China is so huge. It must vary so much, from area to area. So many different influences. It is a big life sadness to me that their politics has gone away from freedom. I feel bad for all those people. There is the cloud of state hanging over their every move really. They must feel the oppression - any human would.

A lot of the East is still in political chains - China, N Korea particularly. Good if all you care about is the success story of a state told in statistics, but very sad if you inquired of it from people's hearts. Tell that to Confucius! Funny how that is almost the same as the word "confusion". If the political history is anything to go by I don't think China is very progressive or clued up at all. It has a billion people locked up in dread of state reprisals if they dare to think for themselves. Is that what all these thousands of years of Chinese civilization should end up as?

Just about everything I write on ATS would get me locked up in China. Hence my distrust of the Chinese State. N Korea are even more cruel and dictatorial, politically. Putin's Russia is not far behind. Russia is cracking though. I could see that Putin's biggest concern should be his own people.The protests are building against internet censorship and state control. I hope soon they can have citizen freedom like we have. From his own will be delivered the blow to Putin's power. How did he figure his end when he started all this? Same thing to China - in our beginning is our end. One day the tyranny ends. First Russia will embrace freedom but China will take much longer and it will fragment into regions of government instead of one big splurge of dictatorship.

The East, good at Martial Arts but really terrible at politics and freedom.

edit on 10-3-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I’ll be in Shanghai in a few weeks.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Enjoyed the video and poetic responses in here.

That food looks delicious! I just felt bad for the poor little birds kept in tiny cages.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Enjoyed the video and poetic responses in here.

That food looks delicious! I just felt bad for the poor little birds kept in tiny cages.

I get to go with wind of my dreams.
Life is like going across the past of our childhood, yes, I have many thoughts of living in Asia.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join