It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US taxing overseas earnings wtf?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

The American government found a draft dodger here that lived off grid in some hippy commune in a backwater small ass town most people here don't even realize exists. Had been here since the Vietnam war. For a few weeks, when i'd take the ferry out to that town, there were marked CIA cars on the boat and black helicopters and # circling around everywhere. They eventually found him and he was deported back to America. Dunno how they found him, but they got him for evading taxes.
edit on 10/3/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
The key word here is "citizen"
Are you taxed for the citizenship you have ?
Bet you are.

i can earn tax free wages in the middle east, big money, and the uk government do not tax it, only america does it, met a guy from Georgia the other day, the US taxes his earned income in the uk, wtf, only one other #hole country does that, Eritrea.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

The American government found a draft dodger here that lived off grid in some hippy commune in a backwater small ass town most people here don't even realize exists. Had been here since the Vietnam war. For a few weeks, when i'd take the ferry out to that town, there were marked CIA cars on the boat and black helicopters and # circling around everywhere. They eventually found him and he was deported back to America. Dunno how they found him, but they got him for evading taxes.

Where do you live?

America has a bone spurs draft dodger president, seems a bit far fetched they would spend so much for some random guy unless he owned millions of dollars in taxes. I could bet he owned less than the amount spent tracking him whatever you live

If he wasn't working for any company, how come he owed taxes? If you don't earn money......

Are you lying?

edit on 13-3-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

originally posted by: dug88

Where do you live?

America has a bone spurs draft dodger president, seems a bit far fetched they would spend so much for some random guy unless he owned millions of dollars in taxes. I could bet he owned less than the amount spent tracking him whatever you live

If he wasn't working for any company, how come he owed taxes? If you don't earn money......

Are you lying?

No. I live in Canada. This was in 2002 or so. They made money farming on their hippie commune farm. As I said, I have no idea how they found him. But it's a small town, i've met the people he lived with. They said when he was arrested, the reason given was because he hadn't paid taxes in the States since the 70's. I personally seen the CIA cars on the ferry. They were on there the same time as me.
edit on 13/3/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join