It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's The Meaning of a single, dead white rose?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The Meaning of 'white roses'

White has ever been a symbol of innocence, of a world unspoiled and untarnished. The meaning of a bunch of glowing white roses is innocence and spiritual love. The white rose glorifies a love that is unaware of the temptations of the flesh and resides only in the soul. As opposed to the red rose that speaks of passionate promises, the meaning of a white rose is in its simplicity and pristine purity.

Sometimes called "the flower of light", one of the meanings of white roses is everlasting love - love stronger than death, an eternal love, undying and all sustaining. White rose speaks of a love that is sustained more by loyalty, reverence and humility than by red-blooded passion. So, in its capacity to worship someone till death, the meaning of a white rose is unchanging loyalty that endures beyond all else.

So, there's this very old, cold case I've been looking over and in the story this young teen-aged girl is given a single stem dying/dead 'white rose' by a customer through another employee. She asked what they looked like and he described the man, she then thru it on the table, like ugh, I don't want it! More like it gave her the creeps. Something very bad happened with this young woman.

I just wondered if anyone here would know what this means?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A piss poor gardener would be my guess...

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

Love unrequited that turns to hate... a scorned lover... the death of love.

Just off the top of my head...

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Yes I would say the customer had what he believed was an pure, eternally devoted love for her and she rejected it and he was telling her she killed his love.

Sal

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The fading of innocence as the realization of self in the world settles in?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I have such mixed feeling about your sarcasm.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorX11
a reply to: madmac5150

I have such mixed feeling about your sarcasm.

I get that a lot.

Especially at home.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This young lady after given this white dying rose, went missing upon parking in front of her driveway. Nothing taken but her license. In the 1980's you had to be missing 48 hrs. to be considered as a crime scene.

Feb. 4th to when she was found Feb. 26th. In a black trash bag bound and gagged, Hogtied, strangled, sexually assaulted, had been in a freezer for some of the time, in water only a few days, found floating in a river 80 miles away from her home. Was found on her 18th birthday.

It is a cold case. Responses in this thread seem to have it right I think. Innocence fading to death and someone made it so.

Terrible gardener, terrible human/s.

Thanks.
edit on 9-3-2019 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well, in "The Hunger Games" the white rose was a poison given by President Snow to murder his opponents. Definitely a gift of death.

On Mother's Day, if your mother was alive you wore a red rose; if no longer living, a white rose.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I'm accustomed to contemplating the doom of worlds, but this is a different kind of dark. One I'm even less okay with than the actual end of existence, for some reason.

Why and how in the world did you stumble across this story and decide to interpret its deep reflections?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Having read that tragic account I can only speculate that this was a predator marking his victim with a calling card, a warning of sort's to make her afraid as she was the White Rose and he was her death.

I suspect very strongly unless she was poor and the police there did not even care about her murder that they know or knew exactly whom did this but proof would be a problem, still if the forensic's still exist and were not conveniently lost - if the murderer had connections or was wealthy - then it may be possible to make a match today.

Likely this killer went on to kill other's or may even have killed other's before her but has learned to hide there body's better or else he has traveled and murdered away from his home since it sound's like he took his time torturing this kid.

I for one believe that God has a very special place in hell for scum like this murderer, sickening and tragic tale of a young girl with her whole future ahead of her having her rightful destiny and future snatched from her by scum, as in all murders it is not only her he has murdered but also the children that she may one day have had and there lives taken before they were even begun makes all of us that bit more poor.

But of course we can hope and believe that this young woman is alive now forever in heaven with our Lord were the rose does not die and age does not corrupt, were the man that did this will never find a place for his very soul is the real dead rose not hers for it was dead within him to perpetrate such an act.

edit on 9-3-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

In the esoteric sciences, red roses are base carnal desire
White roses are cultivated desire, or consciously directed desire.

Then theres white lillies

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I'm thinking the girl did something that made the guy change his opinion of her... she was no longer the pure and innocent and virtuous girl she once was... or that he once thought she was. She may or may not have actually done anything wrong or immoral; but in his mind she changed. So she had to die for betraying him.... like the dead white rose that symbolized the "death" of her virtue and purity.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I would disagree based on the account of her murder, she was raped, if the guy was revolted at her that would likely not have been the case, he also got his sick gratification strangling the 17 year old kid to death, she was missing 22 day's and he kept her in a freezer for some of that time before dumping her body in water somewhere, nothing was taken from the scene except her licence I would assume that mean's her driving licence which she probably had on her person and she was abducted from her driveway so that would suggest either a stalker waiting for her whom pounced or maybe even a neighbor whom may have developed an unhealthy attraction to the kid.
This does not sound like a revenge killing but a sicko living out a twisted fantasy upon an innocent kid.
In fact this sound's like the act of someone whom is very dangerous, maybe killed before or has likely killed since, it would be interesting to see missing person's cases for young woman in a radius around the area of this murder and to look for patterns' of missing females with this girl's location within them, some serial killers are slow and may murder ten or twenty persons' over a very long period of time even one a year or one every two years but other's are more prolific, in this case he took the time to target her and find out were she lived then abducted her - he may be a seemingly respectable person and even a person in a role or authority but something about this murder though the detail's are scant say's potential serial killer to me.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

As been said, it represents the death of innocence.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorX11

I'm accustomed to contemplating the doom of worlds, but this is a different kind of dark. One I'm even less okay with than the actual end of existence, for some reason.

Why and how in the world did you stumble across this story and decide to interpret its deep reflections?

I had a dream at the time this happened that scared me all week long. I couldn't get it out of my mind. This dream showed a girl being held by a sadistic older man and the eventual snuff that occurred.

This girl lived over 100 miles from me and was a year younger. I believe I picked up the signal. Horrified is the word I used. I gave it no more thought. This girl was only missing at the time, I didn't know she'd been found until I looked her name up over a month ago.

Hogtied was in my dream, beaten, worse, etc. I won't say. But, this was in the report. I do not think of these things, Ever. Why was it in my dream? I couldn't know.

I won't post this case name.

LABTECH767 you have a lot of it right. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Ever thought about correlating this event of dream state relation to life and events? They are truly fascinating, and I dont have many experiences like this to share, but this is definitely a unique situation.

Also really empathetic to you going through this type of event and connection revelation. . . it being tough is an understatement.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It was an invitation to a secret society called The Order Of The Dead White Rose.

It wasn't an optional invitation.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

How are you sure of this?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Sharing someone else traumatic death can leave a life time scar upon your own psyche, I went crazy is the only way I can describe it when as a young man I had a number of what could be called extremely real experiences that overwhelmed me as if I was seeing through someone else eye's, that someone being of the opposite gender, I am in the UK and will relate this as best I can, I am or was kind of religious as well so please bare with me.

Back when this happened I was actually praying and awake when I felt a physical blow to the back of my head that nearly knocked me out, I felt as if one side of me was blind and deaf and the experience was totally shocking and left me dazed and very confused, shocked even but here is the other point there was no one around me, I was upstairs in the home I lived in and there was no one else around.

Over the next few week's I had panic attack's and a number of extremely vivid dream's that were more like what some would call out of body experiences, I was in someone else body, I felt icy cold and could see a bare light bulb hanging from the ceiling casting a grey light, I was lying on my back naked on a hard surface maybe a table, I felt hot water being poured over my groin which felt different to my own and an rough man's voice with a strong yorkshire accent said "There that'l warm ya up" then I felt a hand cup my chin and turn my head from the right to the left.

As my head was tilted to the left I felt the broken skull under my scalp move like the pieces of a broken egg shell and lost consciousness, then I saw as if from about two feet above the ground moving very fast away from a white house on rolling grassy moorland along a dirt farm track with wheel rut's and water in them, it was dark but I could see perfectly well in spite of that.

I do not know if this was a vision from a spirit of someone that had been murdered, a hallucination brought on a time of extreme stress or something of both but it made me wake up screaming and I was convinced she was real and had been hurt, I was only a young man at the time (a struggling student) and only had a bicycle which was hardly suitable to go searching for this which was probably over a hundred miles or so from were I lived if it was real at all that I had seen in the vision but I tried anyway though I tend to believe it was the view of the dead person's spirit as there body was being driven away from the house looking back at the scene of there murder and floating outside there body which as probably in the trunk of a car IF the experience I had related to a reality anywhere other than in my own mind that is (afterward I tried to rationalize it a number of ways but the experience was too real for me to dismiss, was it a memory of a past life in which I had been someone else and been murdered, was it really someone else whom I had been unable to help).

So whatever the cause of your experience and I do believe you had what can only be called an empathic psychic connection to this girl to experience what you did and while mine may not have been real no matter how horrible and real it seemed I have a fair idea of what you must have gone through at the time though my experience was back in the early 90's over here in the UK.

I do believe psychic phenomena are real, there may be many reason's why you may have had your experience, one may have been the girl trying to tell someone after her death and your spirit being most attuned and alike to her own in some way meaning that at the spiritual level you would have been almost like sisters or even twin's or you are simply a dormant or psychic whom felt this over the background that you have learned to subconsciously ignore because her psychic pain was so great.

The experience I felt was almost as if half of me had been killed, it was horrible and left me in a state of shock, it was also the prelude to some pretty strange thing's at that time in my life.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join