It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The RENAMING of NEW YORK Split NY into 3 autonomous regions ...to combat liberalisim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So ive already started a thread calling this out here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But decided to make this thread because this is how politicians will deal with the collapse of the country as we know it just carve it up & rename the parts you can control and eventually a civil war between " Autonomous regions" ARE YOU F###iing AWAKE YET PEOPLE!!! Damn...

A Republican state lawmaker proposes slicing New York into three autonomous regions in order to end the stranglehold that New York City liberals have on the rest of the Empire State.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
ummm... ya, sure.. I am from upstate NY, way upstate, lake ontario upstate.
we left quite a few years ago because of the craziness of the politicians.. but, have to tell ya, the danged republicans seems just as crazy as the danged democrats!!! and, I haven't seen anything since we left to give me the impression that either side has improved any, and I do keep up with the news from there!!
the whole danged gov't was corrupt!!! can't borrow money for your desires, no problem, we have all these nifty quasi-governmental agencies that are restrained by that pesky state constitution that will borrow it for you and of course, the taxpayer will get zapped with the repayment of the debt!! want a new stadium, a airport when it's neither needed or wanted, does you buddy want financial help for that big arse mall he wants to build?? no problem!! our four men in the back room can make it happen and of course, the rest of the state legislature will go along with whatever they decide!!!

so glad I no longer live there!!! but I doubt if dividing it into self governing sections is gonna help since I doubt if anything's changed since I was there and even the danged local gov'ts were corrupt as all heck when I was there!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If you let them, any large city will destroy the state around it.
They tax everyone into homelessness, but will happily give the homeless access to free recreational drugs.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Pretty much every state has this issue. The outlying rural areas and exurbs are conservative but the state gets dominated by the major city which almost always will be raging liberal.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I believe it is called redistricting .
Folks call it different names depending on if they like it or not
Happens all the time within each State
The news tends to hang glorified names on it...
Increases the views and the click revenue.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
One state. Three governors.

Heh. That'll fix it.

edit on 3/9/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Being from New York.. the 5 boroughs, westchester, and Long Island should be there own state. Tax and spend there hearts away, $20,000 a year in homeowners tax is the normal. Let the rest of the state grow and prosper. Everyone here are heading south, where they’ll vote in the same police state high tax’s that they fled, like the good democrats they are!! You southerners might need a big beautiful wall !

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Maybe this is why you had to own land to vote way back when.
Freeloaders who don't pay taxes shouldn't get to choose where property taxes get spent...

Of course income tax was a scam to start...

Clean government, move down...

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

It is not the first time and wont be the last time this has been suggested. Some years ago NYC explored the idea of leaving the state of NY and forming their own "city state". The rationale was the amount of tax money New York City generates that goes to the state and the "paltry" amount of money returned to the city by the state, was one sided.

At the time this was being discussed NYC generate something like 6-8 billion and only saw 1-2 billion returned. If NYC left and was able to keep the entire tax amount they would, in their minds, be able to create a utopia where there was universal health care and a bunch of other nonsense.

The danger in doing this, just like what California is trying to do, is when you create new states they are assigned 2 senate seats and then representatives based oi population.

If either state is broken up you create new seats that would most likely go blue in Congress, upsetting the balance even more.

When our government, and both parties, start acting responsibly and in the best interest of its citizens, then we can look at these options. Until then, dismantling the US states over politics would be devastating to the point of no return. The proposal of "administrative zones" was chosen because he knows full well Democrats in Congress wont allow the state to be officially broken apart.
edit on 10-3-2019 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join