It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington post and CNN getting sued big time

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

what exactly was said about the protester?
can you fill me in? i am not up to speed on this topic.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I think you're going for a record... most times to have been proven wrong in ATS history.

And I think you have a very good chance of getting it!

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: yuppa

Still not illegal. And, as far as I'm concerned the fact that there were a group of Black Israelites preaching at the boys does nothing to redeem the Covington Catholic boys of their own collective bad behavior.

I'll never understand why you all hold others to higher standards than the President of the United States.

The covington boys didnt do anything racist or bigoted toward none of them. The Black israelites however hurled racist comments and shamed themselves as racist. And I hold all to the same standard. Trump has not been proven to be a criminal yet in the court of law.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
If it wasn't for Sookiechacha, uncle tomahawk and sillyoldme; these "news stories" would have never made it to the presses. This story and others are tailored to these folks. Think about that!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
If it wasn't for Sookiechacha, uncle tomahawk and sillyoldme; these "news stories" would have never made it to the presses. This story and others are tailored to these folks. Think about that!!!!

Must be a matter of perspective, I thought these stories were to wind conservatives up, these Covington boys are a bit of a non story and in the big scheme of things isn't worth arguing over, there are many newsworthy stories that are ignored in favor of stories like this one and that i believe is by design.

edit on 12-3-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Box of Rain

They showed a heavily-edited version of a video and used that edited video to push a false narrative when the full video told a different story.

Maybe they did, but that's not illegal. That's the story angle that they chose to cover. People complain all the time about being unfairly represented in the press, on Twitter, in some book or some movie.

President Trump pushes false narratives daily. So, do the bulk of politically motivated actors.

This dude just 100% admitted to the media being propaganda.

If this idiot ever sites an MSN source as fact again feel free to call it out.

This is the way they work. If its reported they call it fact. If they then dont agree with it they lie.

Lol

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Big CNN Headline Today: Trump says Democrats Hate Jews!

But it should alternate with: Trump says CNN hates Americans!

Even if President Trump didn't say those words, BOTH statements are TRUE.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Could you imagine if it was your child that was being cast a ungrateful, hated bully? And then it made national news?

Not me. Because I'd only be able to see red, imagination right out the window.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sandmann was totally out of line. He should be criticized. What Sandmann did was provocative, and had he done that to a Neo-Nazi things probably would have turned out far differently for him.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
Sandmann was totally out of line. He should be criticized. What Sandmann did was provocative, and had he done that to a Neo-Nazi things probably would have turned out far differently for him.

How? smiling and staying quiet is out of line?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

what exactly was said about the protester?
can you fill me in? i am not up to speed on this topic.

Their really wasn't any malicious claims made... CNN just constantly showed footage of Sandmann blocking the path and aggressively eyeballing an old man, for like 48 hours straight.

Now all the MAGA fanboys are claiming it was a blatant lie, simply because CNN didn't chronicle every single encounter that occured in Sandmann's life leading up to the incident.

Their just grasping at straws to save face and I highly doubt there's a legitimate lawsuit that can be won here.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
BREAKING

March 12, 2019

The lawsuit against CNN was filed today. It's now been bumped up to $275 Million dollars.

Source: www.thewrap.com...

I sure hope the Sandmann attorney(s) doesn't "settle" out of court with CNN. I want to see CNN found GUILTY.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Sandaman wasnt blocking the Indians path. He was standing there. Most people walk around others as a common courtesy. Sandaman was minding his own business

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
LOL at you people trying to argue with these extremists.

People who proudly smear a KID for wearing a hat that goes against their political agenda shouldn't even be allowed to post on this site.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
BREAKING

March 12, 2019

The lawsuit against CNN was filed today. It's now been bumped up to $275 Million dollars.

Source: www.thewrap.com...

I sure hope the Sandmann attorney(s) doesn't "settle" out of court with CNN. I want to see CNN found GUILTY.

wow
CNN has to settle this and quietly.
No way they go to court and have their credibility further questioned.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
LOL at you people trying to argue with these extremists.

People who proudly smear a KID for wearing a hat that goes against their political agenda shouldn't even be allowed to post on this site.

Not arguing. Just stating facts and pissing them off.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
"Lying is free speech and not illegal."

If the lie defamed the person or entity, then it's illegal and not afforded protection under the 1st Amendment.

Libel is the written or broadcast form of defamation, distinguished from slander, which is oral defamation. It is a tort (civil wrong) making the person or entity--like a newspaper, magazine or political organization--open to a lawsuit for damages by the person who can prove the statement about him/her was a lie.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
May 1, 2019

Today, Nicholas Sandmann sued NBC for $275 million.

Source: twitter.com...

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

This a looser law suit. The "Sand Man" will loose.

Those lawsuits get thrown out yet?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join