It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone is an idiot to someone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The ‘educated’ population is practically forced to put so much brain power into learning their field and profession that most are missing out on the prime time to be asking more questions rather than mindlessly absorbing information shoved down their throats in order to be successful and wealthy within society. I’ll try keeping this short.

We’re privileged to have to first few years of thought and discovery in life primarily influenced by parental figures, but after that it’s all down the drain. Not to say that what is taught in schools and universities is not important; but rather that freedom of thought and an independent mind is subliminally (in some cases actively) discouraged. But as long as one thinks and discovers within their coloring book lines it’s all okay.

Then after the next 15 – 20 years of indoctrination of education to be a functional cog in society, we’ve been trained in a field or profession. Unfortunately those first 20 years are some of the most important years of learning. About life, not about being worker bees.
The point is that everyone spends so much time in being educated with what they personally decide to be in order to land a good position within the machine; their knowledge of else becomes extremely limited and compartmentalized.

Imagine a 360® circle. Everyone begins at the center, and throughout life they chose a ‘degree’ and travel towards the edge of the circle within their single degree. Although one may eventually be an expert within their compartmentalized area of information*, how much do they really know about the other 359 angles of the circle? Plus there are actually thousands, if not millions areas of knowledge, not a few hundred. Americans especially are guided down a direction with Blinders to avert attention forward and not side to side. This creates an easily manipulable population. And this thread isn’t even approaching actual social manipulation, but rather the structure for such.

And the cherry on top: the people who see outside of the circle generally have a more all-encompassing belief system, but also makes life more difficult seeing the machine for what it is and our place in it.

We’re all prodded into compartmentalized cells, and while we may get to know every aspect of that single cell over time, there are thousands we know nothing about. Food for thought while trying to assign structure to the machine.

edit on 9-3-2019 by DoctorX11 because: typos

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorX11

Well put
Cant offer anything else to add, other than youre absolutely right

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

A well-written OP and I agree entirely, with one caveat...

There is always going to be someone who everyone thinks is an idiot.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Proof G*d has a sense of humor?

*Seriously how is the laughing/crying emoji not on here.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Is it possible, that the more that one becomes convinced of the way things are, (education), the more restrained their general focus becomes?

Are entrenched paradigms, and 'established' ways, really beyond challenge?

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Well, everyone has gaps in their knowledge. Sometimes I'm surprised when I see how little very smart people know about ordinary things that I thought everyone knew. Nobody is going to be a master of all knowledge. And you should also never underestimate anyone even if they seem like an idiot.
edit on 10-3-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

A well-written OP and I agree entirely, with one caveat...

There is always going to be someone who everyone thinks is an idiot.

And I keep apologising, but no one ever considers that I just might be an honest twit, and indeed, in fact, not an idiot.

cest la vie..

(post by mandyangelica removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Food for thought while trying to assign structure to the machine.

few years back I came upon a blog that dealt with that very question...structure of the machine. Back then...I didnt understand why. Actually...I didnt understand why he found it an important question. These days I understand

Very cute thread man

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
never mind...
edit on 3192019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

More of a rant at the system rather than the importance of the question. Could probably have even been put in Rant on second thought. If you are discovering without questioning you are simply having unfortunate truths thrust upon you.

btw beautiful country. Loved hitchhiking there.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join