It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bart Experiencing Total System Outage Due To Computer Problem; No Trains Running

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

BART has announced that there is no service on any of its lines early Saturday morning as of 5:50 a.m. due to a computer problem that developed overnight, according to transit officials.

Bart Experiencing Total System Outage Due To Computer Problem; No Trains Running

Overnight crews were working in Oakland on the uninterruptible power supply. There were problems that effected the train control routing system and traction power supply system.

There is no estimate when the system will be back online and people are going to have to find other means of transportation.

I could find no information about what kind of computer problem is causing the shutdown. The system may have been hacked, the crews may have damaged the computer system or it could just be a boring computer problem.

I found no other information on the internet about the Bay Area Rapid Transit system being down, which seems strange. If anyone can verify this news please post what you know.

edit on 9-3-2019 by LookingAtMars because: add

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
False flag ahhh!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Just 4 days ago this happened:
sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

"BART not stopping at El Cerrito del Norte Station due to power outage"

and today...

"Systemwide BART shutdown due to computer problem effecting power"

I wonder if its related?

EDIT- There was a typo in the link I believe..as well as the same type in the headline showing under my search engine news search which is what I had quoted for you here....

The title of the actual article (on the actual page the article is written on, as opposed to a search engine's "preview") has the word "not" replaced with "now". As in, BART is now stopping at El Cerrito. The article starts off:

EL CERRITO (CBS SF) — BART trains were not stopping at the El Cerrito del Norte station Tuesday evening because of an equipment problem at the station, transit officials said. Service was restored around 8 p.m. Tuesday evening.

edit on 3/9/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hacking ? It seems I saw an article a day or so ago about China or Russia trying to do hacking damage here in the US. Don't exactly remember where I saw it, but I thought it was right here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

It was "Code Deliberately Designed to Put Lives at Risk" by Phantom423. Here is a link.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

The problem was reported in the article you linked. Or I'm missing something here.

The issue occurred as crews working overnight on BART's uninterruptible power supply in Oakland ran into problems that impacted our traction power supply system and train control routing system, officials said.

A UPS is designed to ensure there is always power to a system in case of grid-power failure. (With computers anyway.) They seemed to be conducting maintenance works and things went south.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

You may be right, it is unclear to me what "ran into problems" means. Not sure if that means they caused it or they found problems.

edit on 9-3-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Maybe it was a bomb threat towards the trains?

Hope not.

Again, if you hook vital systems to the internet, you are stupid.

It would be agreat way to back-door regulate the net though.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Too much poo short out the system?
Or was it used needles?

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Good bot

a reply to: MarkFord

new topics

top topics