It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realtime Atlantic GlobalFlyer tracker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

THE Virgin Atlantic GlobalFlyer, an experimental plane piloted by American adventurer Steve Fossett, took off today (AEDT) in a bid to make the first solo non-stop flight around the world without refuelling.

GlobalFlyer tracker

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
GREAT FIND!!

How long is the estimated flight? (I ask because I am lazy)

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Right now it shows him in Morroco....I thought that he was scheduled to fly over London, Madrid and the rest of Europe...?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
GREAT FIND!!

How long is the estimated flight? (I ask because I am lazy)

About 3 days, compared to the Voyager flight in the 80s of 7 days.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
Right now it shows him in Morroco....I thought that he was scheduled to fly over London, Madrid and the rest of Europe...?

Not sure, every single thing Ive been able to find on the route says he doesnt go anywhere near Morocco or Algeria, but its shwoing him there now!

www.virginatlanticglobalflyer.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The wind changed making the most favourable route become alots further south. By the way he is now over saudi

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I hope the Iranians don't mistake him for a low-flying TR-1 and....

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The thing is, the reason he was flying though the major cities of Europe I mentioned earlier is because the Association Aeronatical International (a french based association that validates/regulates air speed, distance, etc records) set the standard that for it to set the record for round the world trip, the distance must be greater than like 20,080 miles (the distance of the Tropic of Capicorn). Since he must take off and land from the same airport (which was above the Tropic of Capicorn) his route was going to have to swing north and south over Europe to add miles to his trip.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
You have to love anyone that spends massive amounts of their fortunes doing crazy stunts.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Bad news, hes in trouble!! Apparently he has up to 15% less fuel now than thought, possibly meaning he may have to land the aircraft in Japan. Noone is sure why theres less fuel than previously thought.

news.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join