It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists warn Hokkaido about ‘imminent’ megaquake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Has anyone done any digging into the Oar Fish showing up again? 🙄

WOQ

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

Live in tornado alley for a time.

The odds of an actual tornado hitting where you are at are very, very small, but they drill all the time. The sirens get tested every Wednesday, first Wednesday of the month all year round.

You may not physically move, but you always, always run through your preparations mentally and know where your supplies and safe spots are. Only morons don't. In fact, everyone I know takes tornado prep more seriously than fire prep. So if tornadoes are so unlikely to hit you, why take them so seriously?

Because lightning strikes really often around you, and you will be touched by them in some way a handful of times in your life. It doesn't take much to start believing that you should take that risk seriously.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
They should evacuate.

Now.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Perhaps it should be noted that longer term stress redistributions from the 2011 9+ could also play into this, seeing as the Kuril Trench is directly north of the Japan Trench, and may very well be experiencing fault loading from that massive quake. This would be in addition to what is already an "overdue" situation at the Kuril Trench. That 9+ disturbed a heck of a lot ground, and the Kuril Trench, being where it is, most likely is experiencing some form of this stress redistribution. So combined, the situation most definitely does not look good for northern Japan.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
For a recent glance at past 30-day seismic activity in the area, here is a USGS map:

I have circled in red the area of concern. Note the recent 6.0 near the zone line.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I didn't read the article, but I don't think so.

Seismologist now can actually calculate coupling maps, in which they asses the regions where tectonic plates are coupling with each other (that means, the regions where energy is being accumulated and which sooner or later will have to be released through a litosphere rupture... which is the earthquake source). I'm not sure, but I don't think the Gutenberg-Richter law is needed for that.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I just can't imagine anything effective that could be done with such a relatively short warning.
Evacuations to where? Just how could city tsunami walls be reinforced or be re-designed? It is truly a very horrific situation if there is an eminent threat.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
So, how many Kuril islands does NATO propaganda say that will be transferred from Russia to Japan ??
I say zero. That's unless Japan wants to lose some more islands by doing something veery foolish!

What a coincidence that while the EU-NATO Germany Italy collapse into absolute buffoonery, at the same time Japan also does !
Does it ring a bell from the past ?
edit on 16-7-2019 by Flanker86 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join